Hateful Religious Bigots Attack Doonesbury

Still nothing about an "attack," or "censorship," or any mention of religion in the actual story...

a link to GT's own words on the subject:

‘Doonesbury’ creator Garry Trudeau discusses divisive strips about abortion - The Washington Post
Q: After four decades, you’re an expert at knowing the hot-button satiric words and phrases — such as, in the case [this] week, terms such as “10-inch shaming wand.” Can you speak to how you approached writing these strips?

A: Oddly, for such a sensitive topic, I found it easy to write. The story is very straightforward — it’s not high-concept like [the satiric] Little Timmy in “Silent Scream” — and the only creative problem I had to work through was the physician’s perspective. I settled on resigned outrage.

Texas’s HB-15 [bill] isn’t hard to explain: The bill says that in order for a woman to obtain a perfectly legal medical procedure, she is first compelled by law to endure a vaginal probe with a hard, plastic 10-inch wand. The World Health Organization defines rape as “physically forced or otherwise coerced penetration — even if slight — of the vulva or anus, using a penis, other body parts or an object.” You tell me the difference.

Pretty staightforward. HE's the bigot? What world do you people think you live in where everyone else has to livetheir lives by your religious sensitivities? This isn't a theocracy, yet. :eusa_hand:

theological minded people all over the world are the same, to varying degrees. they want you to live your life according to their delusions and dementia

That's just pure bullshit, the propaganda tour for this crap is loosing steam, people aren't buying your lies anymore. Better try a new tactic! ;)

theological minded people all over the world are the same, to varying degrees. they want you to live your life according to their delusions and dementia

That's just pure bullshit, the propaganda tour for this crap is loosing steam, people aren't buying your lies anymore. Better try a new tactic! ;)
The Nile is getting crowded. better find a new place to hang your hat.
:eusa_drool:

Still no "attack," still no "censorship," and still no mention of religion.

I think some Americans don't really understand the concept of free speech or censorship. When Trudeau puts his pictures out into the marketplace of ideas, he exposes himself to the risk that someone may sternly rebuke him (fisk him, in other words). That's not an "attack." It's free speech in action.

Further, unless government is stopping the communication in question, it isn't censorship. The first amendment places restrictions on the rights of government to infringe on free and open communication. Private businesses have every right to limit content in their own publication/website, etc.

Sometimes I think that half of America fell asleep in Civics class.

The Nile is getting crowded. better find a new place to hang your hat.
:eusa_drool:

And of course you have thousands of examples where 'theological' people, i.e. christians, are trying to force you to live the life they want you to live, right? If you're talking about muslim people, then I would certainly agree with you. If not, it's just more lies from the left.

‘Doonesbury’ creator Garry Trudeau discusses divisive strips about abortion - The Washington Post
Q: After four decades, you’re an expert at knowing the hot-button satiric words and phrases — such as, in the case [this] week, terms such as “10-inch shaming wand.” Can you speak to how you approached writing these strips?

A: Oddly, for such a sensitive topic, I found it easy to write. The story is very straightforward — it’s not high-concept like [the satiric] Little Timmy in “Silent Scream” — and the only creative problem I had to work through was the physician’s perspective. I settled on resigned outrage.

Texas’s HB-15 [bill] isn’t hard to explain: The bill says that in order for a woman to obtain a perfectly legal medical procedure, she is first compelled by law to endure a vaginal probe with a hard, plastic 10-inch wand. The World Health Organization defines rape as “physically forced or otherwise coerced penetration — even if slight — of the vulva or anus, using a penis, other body parts or an object.” You tell me the difference.

Pretty staightforward. HE's the bigot? What world do you people think you live in where everyone else has to livetheir lives by your religious sensitivities? This isn't a theocracy, yet. :eusa_hand:

You misspelled "leftists".

I think some Americans don't really understand the concept of free speech or censorship. When Trudeau puts his pictures out into the marketplace of ideas, he exposes himself to the risk that someone may sternly rebuke him (fisk him, in other words). That's not an "attack." It's free speech in action.

Further, unless government is stopping the communication in question, it isn't censorship. The first amendment places restrictions on the rights of government to infringe on free and open communication. Private businesses have every right to limit content in their own publication/website, etc.

Sometimes I think that half of America fell asleep in Civics class.
No, no, that can't be right. One thing I've learned from the left is that anything less than immediate, unquestioning, unthinking agreement and endorsement is a violation of the speaker's free speech.

You have a right to speak your mind without criticism, you have a right to an accepting audience, and you have a right to agreement -- mandated by threat of government force, if necessary.

I guess I can answer you since I never said anything about Trudeau being a bigot, and I will actually admit that I read Doonesbury every day, have for years. Now I suggest you go back, read my first post in this thread where I linked to a group of atheists that oppose abortion, and ask you who is the bigot here.

Me, the religious nut who thinks Doonesbury is a great strip, or you, who thinks that the opposition to this strip is solely coming from religions nuts? FYI, today's strip uses the word slut to describe the main character. Do you think it is remotely possible that, given the fact that children read the comics, that some papers pulled the strip in order to avoid parents having to explain why that word is in a comic?

Okay, so your point is
THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
Which I'm sorry, is ludicrous because the children, from what I've read if not seen (I must be in touch with a vastly superior teenager) are supposedly the ones most in need of contraceptive or abortion services.

And ya know what? If Doonesbury isn't part of the editorial pages in your paper, it should be, and if your kid is smart enough to appreciate editorial cartoons, more power to her. (YES, her. If it was HIM, it would have been a given) still.

Last edited:
Doonesbury...pffft.

Glad you approve of teaching kids to be angry, anti-american asswipes there, barbie...

I guess I can answer you since I never said anything about Trudeau being a bigot, and I will actually admit that I read Doonesbury every day, have for years. Now I suggest you go back, read my first post in this thread where I linked to a group of atheists that oppose abortion, and ask you who is the bigot here.

Me, the religious nut who thinks Doonesbury is a great strip, or you, who thinks that the opposition to this strip is solely coming from religions nuts? FYI, today's strip uses the word slut to describe the main character. Do you think it is remotely possible that, given the fact that children read the comics, that some papers pulled the strip in order to avoid parents having to explain why that word is in a comic?

Okay, so your point is
THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
Which I'm sorry, is ludicrous because the children, from what I've read if not seen (I must be in touch with a vastly superior teenager) are supposedly the ones most in need of contraceptive or abortion services.

And ya know what? If Doonesbury isn't part of the editorial pages in your paper, it should be, and if your kid is smart enough to appreciate editorial cartoons, more power to her. (YES, her. If it was HIM, it would have been a given) still.

I did not get that at all from his statement. You might want to read it instead of focusing on a single word.

Yeah, cuz I recognize anti-American sentiments I'm EXACTLY like the Taliban.

Loon.

I didn't label anyone as a criminal.

I said Doonesbury (and therefore, Trudeau) is an anti-american piece of shit, and so he is.

I'm not the only person who has observed this about him. And that doesn't make me "just like the Taliban", you hysteric.

New Topics

Forum List

Back