Hateful Religious Bigots Attack Doonesbury

Do you really think everyone who opposes abortion is a religious bigot? Doesn't that make you a bigot?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/401518_337340406287044_337099606311124_1147557_1919899386_n.jpg/IMG]

[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Atheists-Against-Abortion/337099606311124/URL][/quote]

still slow on the uptake?

they are bigots NOT because they oppose abortion. they are religious bigots because they want to censor those whom they feel disagree with their religious views[/QUOTE]

Hey, genius, Portland Oregon is hardly the Bible Belt, and the LA Times is hardly a right wing paper.

[url=http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregonianeditors/2012/03/doonesbury_editors_decide_not.html]'Doonesbury': Editors decide not to run next week's strip | OregonLive.com[/url]

Maybe, just maybe,m if you weren't a bigot you would have actually read the story you posted instead of jumping to conclusions.

Then again, if you weren't a bigot it wouldn't be half as much fun making you look like a complete idiot.[/QUOTE]

The publishers of most papers are moderate to conservative. Publishers bend to the outrage (feigned or real) of the organized religious voices out there.

[FONT="Arial Narrow"]The comic strips feature a woman who goes to an abortion clinic and is confronted by several people who suggest she should be ashamed. Among them is a doctor who reads a script on behalf of Texas Gov. Rick Perry welcoming her to a "compulsory transvaginal exam," and a middle-aged legislator who calls her a "slut."[/FONT]

- [url=http://online.wsj.com/article/AP6b8c02507abb4d348548a8ec97eaae84.html]Papers move, scrap 'Doonesbury' abortion law strip - WSJ.com[/url]

That's what I hear from them and obviously it's a lie.

Interestingly enough, none of them say anything here, either about the cartoons about Rice.

Maybe I'm the bent one thinking that avoiding hypocrisy is much more important than partisanship. :eusa_whistle:
They revel in their hypocrisy.

circle jerk in the echo chamber?

eh, old news.

:eusa_hand:

eh, old news.

One wonders why they bother, though. It's like they're creating their own little imaginary world and reinforcing it with sound bites. I can dig that; I like a good fantasy novel or computer game or movie. But one should always be able to distinguish such things from reality.

The Rise of Newspeak | FrontPage Magazine
The left describes bigotry not in terms of the act, but in terms of a reactionary mentality. To be a reactionary is to be beholden to a more primitive era like the 1950s or the 1850s and its backward attitudes. Even when a progressive engages in bigoted mentation, that is the reactionary attitudes that he picked up from his father or grandfather or some other member of the patriarchy coming into play. A warning sign that he needs to properly cleanse himself of those reactionary attitudes to be a proper progressive.

Anything done in a progressive cause is inherently not reactionary. Racism and misogyny is completely acceptable when attacking reactionaries. It is even encouraged.

How can that be possible? Simple. Why does the left view bigotry as wrong? Because it’s a reactionary attitude that prevents the mobilization of all sectors of society in the struggle for universal social justice. Beneath all the word games, all the people of color sessions, the plays, the movies and the impassioned appeals for a better world– this is what it all comes down to. Bigotry is wrong because it inhibits the ultimate goals of the left.

You won’t find this definition in modern sensitivity guidebooks, but it is the real one, the root of the thing and the one that matters. It is why the left opposes bigotry and campaigns against it, not for moral reasons, but for tactical ones. It is also why racist and sexist attacks against conservatives are completely acceptable. Women and minorities on the right have opted out of the global struggle for social justice. The rationale against bigotry does not cover them. They are fair game.​

That's what I hear from them and obviously it's a lie.

Interestingly enough, none of them say anything here, either about the cartoons about Rice.

Maybe I'm the bent one thinking that avoiding hypocrisy is much more important than partisanship. :eusa_whistle:
They revel in their hypocrisy.

eh, old news.

Yes, the left have been hypocrites for as long as I can remember.

eh, old news.

One wonders why they bother, though. It's like they're creating their own little imaginary world and reinforcing it with sound bites. I can dig that; I like a good fantasy novel or computer game or movie. But one should always be able to distinguish such things from reality.
That's especially ironic coming from a leftist. :lol:

still slow on the uptake?

they are bigots NOT because they oppose abortion. they are religious bigots because they want to censor those whom they feel disagree with their religious views

Hey, genius, Portland Oregon is hardly the Bible Belt, and the LA Times is hardly a right wing paper.

'Doonesbury': Editors decide not to run next week's strip | OregonLive.com

Maybe, just maybe,m if you weren't a bigot you would have actually read the story you posted instead of jumping to conclusions.

Then again, if you weren't a bigot it wouldn't be half as much fun making you look like a complete idiot.

The publishers of most papers are moderate to conservative. Publishers bend to the outrage (feigned or real) of the organized religious voices out there.

The comic strips feature a woman who goes to an abortion clinic and is confronted by several people who suggest she should be ashamed. Among them is a doctor who reads a script on behalf of Texas Gov. Rick Perry welcoming her to a "compulsory transvaginal exam," and a middle-aged legislator who calls her a "slut."

- Papers move, scrap 'Doonesbury' abortion law strip - WSJ.com

Eddy Hartenstein might, conceivably, be a moderate. Considering that the Chicago Tribune is not pulling the strip, while the LA Times is, I think you are going to have a hard time blaming the decision on him. Especially since the Tribune is the paper he pays the most attention to.

Keep digging, your bigotry just becomes more obvious. If you weren't so quick to blame everything on some sort of right wing religious nutcase conspiracy you might have taken the time to find out that two different papers with the same publisher are treating the strip differently.

eh, old news.

How are your delusions any different than theirs? At least theirs is based on the observed difference in the way the media reacts to different stories, yours is simply based on the belief that anyone who takes offense at a strip you like is a religious bigot. I bet you can't actually find any religious bigots on the LA Times editorial board to use to justify your idiocy, since I already blasted Dante's assumption that the publisher made the decision.

eh, old news.

How are your delusions any different than theirs? At least theirs is based on the observed difference in the way the media reacts to different stories, yours is simply based on the belief that anyone who takes offense at a strip you like is a religious bigot. I bet you can't actually find any religious bigots on the LA Times editorial board to use to justify your idiocy, since I already blasted Dante's assumption that the publisher made the decision.

the thing is, you are unaware of how pathetic you look taking yourself so seriously on an anonymous internet forum.

got friends?

:eusa_whistle:

You almost gotta laugh. The radical anti-Christian bigots worry about the hurt feelings of a rich guy who draws cartoons but they don't seem fazed about American Soldiers murdered by the jihad because a couple of copies of the koran were burned.

You almost gotta laugh. The radical anti-Christian bigots worry about the hurt feelings of a rich guy who draws cartoons but they don't seem fazed about American Soldiers murdered by the jihad because a couple of copies of the koran were burned.

hey doosh, some of us stuck up for the Danish cartoon showing Allah...

Some soldier was fuckin' stupid enough to burn Korans? Court Martial? It's fuckin' Afghanistan. Jesus Christ some of you faux warrior types just don't get it.

People care about US Soldiers, just we all don't hide behind them while scoring cheap political points

hey doosh, some of us stuck up for the Danish cartoon showing Allah...

Some soldier was fuckin' stupid enough to burn Korans? Court Martial? It's fuckin' Afghanistan. Jesus Christ some of you faux warrior types just don't get it.

People care about US Soldiers, just we all don't hide behind them while scoring cheap political points

Considered enlistment, assface? Or is that below you?

And what does that have to do with this thread’s topic?

As I noted in TPS’s moronic thread:

When will conservatives start taking ownership for their own failings, and stop with the childish ‘well, you liberals are as bad as we are’ nonsense?

the thing is, you are unaware of how pathetic you look taking yourself so seriously on an anonymous internet forum.

got friends?

:eusa_whistle:

I am not the one running around starting threads about me.

Forum List

Back