Hate

One winter night around 6 p.m I was walking home from my girlfriends house and it had snowed about 7 inches of snow. When I was about to cross the street a group of White guys drove past in a car and one of them said, "Let's get her" the driver looked at me (I'm very light skinned) and said, "No, she's a ******!" That is one time in my life I was glad to be thought of that way!! I feel sorry for the lone White woman they came upon!!

"The horrible thing about the Two Minutes Hate was not that one was obliged to act a part, but that it was impossible to avoid joining in. Within thirty seconds any pretence was always unnecessary. A hideous ecstasy of fear and vindictiveness, a desire to kill, to torture, to smash faces in with a sledge hammer, seemed to flow through the whole group of people like an electric current, turning one even against one's will into a grimacing, screaming lunatic. And yet the rage that one felt was an abstract, undirected emotion which could be switched from one object to another like the flame of a blowlamp." - George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four

"I make it a practice to avoid hating anyone. If someone's been guilty of despicable actions, especially toward me, I try to forget him. I used to follow a practice—somewhat contrived, I admit—to write the man's name on a piece of scrap paper, drop it into the lowest drawer of my desk, and say to myself: 'That finishes the incident, and so far as I'm concerned, that fellow.' The drawer became over the years a sort of private wastebasket for crumbled-up spite and discarded personalities." - Dwight David Eisenhower, At Ease: Stories I Tell to Friends (1967), p. 52.

Hate is the ultimate strawman.
I can't disagree with that statement. I've seen it used many-a-time erroneously, usually intentionally, usually as a projection.
A disagreement with a position doesn't equate "hate" as some would purport.
If real professionals of psychology would take the time to actually hammer out the actual meaning of "hate", they would be left with hardly anything to define.

"Hate" is almost always just used as a pseudo-intellectual method of explaining the seemingly irrational feelings which people are actually completely ignorant about. It is especially true when people try to equate "hate" with "racism".

As long as people see the black identity as a purely negative consequence of external oppression, this criticism of the pursuit of black autonomy may be justified. As a negative fact, black ethnicity is defined in opposition to the oppressor, the racial enemy. Louis Farrakhan, or militant rappers like Sister Souljah and Public Enemy represent this kind of thinking. They appear to accept the ultimately self-degrading view that the only thing black Americans have in common is their heritage of oppression. This naturally leads to the belief that the only reliable passion we share in common is hatred of the oppressor.

Hatred sustains two possible responses: avoidance or destruction of the hated object. So this negative view of the black ethnicity culminates in strategies that envisage violent conflict and, eventually, physical separation from “white dominated” American society. Of course, from a black viewpoint, both these outcomes are self-destructive delusions. If we define the enemy as nonblack American society, it is clearly an enemy blacks aren’t strong enough to defeat by violence. So the impulse stirred by the rhetoric of hate feeds black-on-black violence instead. Physical separation, even if it were possible, would most likely mean confinement to a racial ghetto with all the disadvantages of today’s predominately black urban centers, but no avenue of distraction or hope of eventual escape.

For all their seeming militancy, therefore, those who base their actions on the negative view of black ethnicity aren’t true militants at all. The most militant approach is the one that works, not one that leads to self-defeat and self-destruction. But the negative view of black ethnicity is not the only alternative.

In the course of this work, we have come to see the black moral identity as a positive reality, based on values that sustain both individual achievement and community cooperation. The idea of black autonomy need not, therefore, entail violence, or an effort to separate ourselves from “the enemy.” It can mean, instead, an effort to develop communities that reflect and preserve the moral character that emerged from black-American experience. In pursuing this goal, black Americans can act out of respect for ourselves, not hatred of others.

Alan Keyes, Masters of the Dream, pp. 165-166​

But when you live in a society as a minority, with no control over the means of industrial production, Job creation, or the Power Political system, or the Judicial criminal
justice system,or the military. it may be best to separate your self from an environment that is predisposed to a premeditated system of oppression, and aimed at your ultimate destruction. You may be best served to separate yourself, as to assure the continuation of your race.
Great. Have at it and good bye.

Hate is such a personal emotion. It can't be legislated any easier than can love.

Would you 'hate' the bastard who drove drunk and took away your legs?

Should you have the right to hate him?

Sorry to retro-bump, but I have something to say on this matter now...

You have the right to feel whatever emotion you feel justified to.

But keep this in mind... Hatred, or unforgiveness, is like drinking poison in hopes somebody else dies.

Letting go of hate is a part of healing. Oh, it's certainly not easy to do, especially is justice has not been met, but is important for the one's soul.

Right. Deciding to hate, or not to hate, is something that must be done in the privacy of one's own mind, and no matter how tightly they turn the screws, each one of us will choose who we hate, who we love and to whom we are indifferent. It can't be legislated... It's ultimately up to each of us to decide in literally every moment how we feel about whatever thoughts we are feeding ourselves. In the end, all the government can do is spend money on education and infrastructure and trust The People.

Forum List

Back