Hate

I

Indofred

I've put this in clean debate as I want to see real comments, Not mud slinging.

Edited.

I'll answer the poster's question first.

I feel sorry you're willing to insult someone you don't really know and with an insult designed to produce a hateful reaction because your hate blinds you to love.
As for "Coming from a Jew", so what?
Why would it matter what religion or race a hater is? just that they hate.

Now to the thread.

Is there really that much hate in the general population or is it something that's the 'baby' of a few who spoil the lives of the many?

Do you think it's possible to ignore the minority who hate something in the world so the vast majority can get on with their lives?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can ignore the hate for the most part, I do not intend to let someone else's problem become my problem. Kinda hard when people get homocidal though, as a species we haven't progressed that far yet. Gotta be hard to ignore when somebody says or does something discriminatory against you or someone you care about, I'm not about to suggest I'm better than anyone else or more mature.

I see that comment a lot too not on this forum, just around the Internet, hating trolls, they are that lazy to look up something

^^
He makes a good point and comment

Hate comes from ignorance. When I see such "hate" I dismiss the hate and the poster as too uneducated to respond to. I don't waste my time.

Is there really that much hate in the general population or is it something that's the 'baby' of a few who spoil the lives of the many?

The latter.

Do you think it's possible to ignore the minority who hate something in the world so the vast majority can get on with their lives?

Possible, but understandably difficult, as hate is inherently troubling.

I wouldn't call it hate so much. A lot of it is keyboard commandos. People get brave on the internet and say things they know someone would punch their ticket for in real life. Others just get crazy anytime someone doesn't agree with them. So they say nasty things and neg you.

Both. When people get stressed some of them look for scpegoats. So in economic hard times there is always an increase in domestric violence, child abuse, substance abuse,etc, There is also a rise in hate speech and hate crimes. I'm older than dirt and I remember what most of my generation either were blind to or forgot. It's not like the good ol' days and never was.

I don't think so. Inthe 1972 election I was a pollwatcher for the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. My job was to see that everyone properly registered to vote was treated properly. Guess what. Voter suppression is back again. Union busting is back in fashion too. On party wants to return the economic institutions of this country to those of the 1880's.

I don't post much on this board because most posters let name callng drown out any real discussion of the merits of anything. Arguments presented are often illlogical ad hominems and the ability to look up basic facts seems to have evaporated. For example I posted a comment about a claim that someone repeated from a blog which got it wrong from a Washington Post article which got it wrong from a PR release about a real piece of analysis from a ligitimate source. No one responded. I also keep seeing graphs and statistics used to make a point exactly the opposite of what the data and the authors indicate. If you are going to plgarize, at least plagarize from someone who agrees with you.

If this is the "Clean Debate Zone" it has a very long way to go. If it is moderated, I have seen no effort to do so and there are plenty of egregious comments. If anyone finds a civil forum for discussion of economic issues, please let me know. Ignorance and hate are a powerful combination.

For Indofred: You are not responsible for others bad behavior. It is not your job nor mine to clean up any board If the board owners are happy with what they have, it's their board and they have a right to do anything they want with it. Some boards are a community where there is some common interest among the posters and some mutual acceptance of what is allowed and what is not. Owners and moderators enforce those standards. When they do not, the board ceases to be a community, people (especially thoughtful ones) leave, and the board becomes just another sewer of the Internet.

Jamie

I think it's really an internet phenomenon - can you imagine the same poster would say that to someone's face?

Thee are no consequences for posting hate speech here - and actually there should be.

I think we all appreciate having freedom here, but I'd also like to see the odd 'time out' given for extreme cases of racial abuse. I just tink most posters don't want to see it, and posters doing it need to learn that it is not welcome.

I also notice the posters who do it tend to be very weak. In this case I can guess who the poster is, and let's face it, he is helpless. I've never seen a literate poster really sink into abuse.

Racial abuse is just a way of him conceding defeat.

I've also noticed that we have quite a large number of posters who are reluctant to call racism racism, because they secretly agree with the sentiments expressed.

In some ways this is even more disturbing - that people are willing to accept and even welcome racism, though they would never express such thoughts themselves. That scares me.

Organized HATE is pretty hard to ignore.

Especially when that organized hate is the tool crafted and honed by the GOP.

Organized HATE is pretty hard to ignore.

Especially when that organized hate is the tool crafted and honed by the GOP.
It goes without saying then that you, and all of you that approved of your post, are OK with the hate organized, created and honed by the Democrats.

Last edited:
I have to say, I find the idea that either major party in the US is knowingly involved in inciting racial hatred a fairly ridiculous exaggeration.

I've also noticed that we have quite a large number of posters who are reluctant to call racism racism, because they secretly agree with the sentiments expressed. .

Racism and bigotry are as pointless as they are stupid.
It makes no difference if it's hatred of Muslims, hatred of Jews, hatred of Gays or hatred of people because of their skin colour.

It's daft and simply doesn't work.

If this is the "Clean Debate Zone" it has a very long way to go. If it is moderated, I have seen no effort to do so and there are plenty of egregious comments. If anyone finds a civil forum for discussion of economic issues, please let me know. Ignorance and hate are a powerful combination.

It seems that you simply do not want actual debate and don’t like dealing with people that don’t agree with your interpretation of the same data set.

The CDZ is not a place for censored views and the elimination of idiotic views. You can’t accomplish that because what you find deceitful, dishonest, idiotic or dumb may be what others see in your arguments. It is a place to eliminate name calling and the other childish behavior that shuts down debates across the other sections of this board.

In that respect, this section is quite successful.

Forum List

Back