Hate Your Boss? Call the Government

geez....i work for the Govt.....if i have a problem with my boss.....i tell the Union.....now you know why they are there.....:eusa_angel:

A referral is not a shotgun wedding, boedicca. You meet the lawyer suggested. You discuss. If you dun get that warm, happy feeling, you get another referral.

What is so confusing to you about this?

If this is such a great program, why isn't the ABA already providing the match making service and advertising it?

Really.

Why does the government have to provide the toll free # and subsidize the ABA?

See, now these are valid questions.

The ABA does provide a referral service now, and always has. Need a patent attorney? Anti-Trust? Etc. They are a good resource, as are state bars. I think they even have toll free numbers.

What is different is, people who were waiting for DOL to handle their disputes are being offered the option to get a private attorney instead, who can get on it right away. It is also different because, in past, the average person could not do this as they had no money to pay the lawyer's fee up front. It was innovation BY THE GOVERNMENT and those SHYSTER LAWYERS that has created what looks to be a way for people to get faster, better service AT ALMOST NO COST TO THE TAXPAYER.

This, my dear woman, is why most CONSERVATIVES argue that many government functions should be privatized. And why I often agree, as I do in this case.

Sad spin.

The Government is subsidizing the ABA instead of that organization handling its own advertising and providing its own phone service. There is no need for the government to play matchmaker. The ABA should fund its own promotions.

If this is such a great program, why isn't the ABA already providing the match making service and advertising it?

Really.

Why does the government have to provide the toll free # and subsidize the ABA?

See, now these are valid questions.

The ABA does provide a referral service now, and always has. Need a patent attorney? Anti-Trust? Etc. They are a good resource, as are state bars. I think they even have toll free numbers.

What is different is, people who were waiting for DOL to handle their disputes are being offered the option to get a private attorney instead, who can get on it right away. It is also different because, in past, the average person could not do this as they had no money to pay the lawyer's fee up front. It was innovation BY THE GOVERNMENT and those SHYSTER LAWYERS that has created what looks to be a way for people to get faster, better service AT ALMOST NO COST TO THE TAXPAYER.

This, my dear woman, is why most CONSERVATIVES argue that many government functions should be privatized. And why I often agree, as I do in this case.

Sad spin.

The Government is subsidizing the ABA instead of that organization handling its own advertising and providing its own phone service. There is no need for the government to play matchmaker. The ABA should fund its own promotions.

O really? And without the cooperation of the DOL, how would you imagine the ABA would ever know which private citizens had filed a complaint? 100,001 FOIA Requests a month?

What I meant is, they're notorious for stiffing vendors.

I think that's unfair, Soggy. They usually pay eventually but yes, they can be slow. I'm not gonna sit and pretend all lawyers are saints.

My first job out of college was for a consulting firm in Manhattan.. we did a lot of work for attorneys, plaintiff's attorneys where the worst. If they lost the case, you rarely got paid.

As a CPA who does software consulting, I have worked for attorney's. It almost always the same, do the work, they're happy, send them a bill, 2 months go by, no payment, you call, they need to"talk" to me about the bill.

Well, a time or two of that shitty treatment and I'd demand payment up front. But, don't lose any of their pants.

geez....i work for the Govt.....if i have a problem with my boss.....i tell the Union.....now you know why they are there.....:eusa_angel:

Very few labor laws apply to federal employees, Harry.

Kinda ironic, huh?

bullshit.....they have a book of stuff here that they have to follow......safety wise and health wise.....

I did not mean these employers were unregulated, Harry. But most collective bargaining laws, pension laws, etc. that apply to the private sector do not apply to federal government employers.

That is all....I am sure your workplace has just as much irrationality as anyone else's.

Very few labor laws apply to federal employees, Harry.

Kinda ironic, huh?

bullshit.....they have a book of stuff here that they have to follow......safety wise and health wise.....

I did not mean these employers were unregulated, Harry. But most collective bargaining laws, pension laws, etc. that apply to the private sector do not apply to federal government employers.

That is all....I am sure your workplace has just as much irrationality as anyone else's.

oh ok....i thought you were talking safety and health regs....my Apologies...

Is the new lefty fad term going to be " predatory employers " ?.....

New Topics

Forum List

Back