Hate Week

Originally posted by Patriot
Mtnbiker,

Shows just who has all the hate here doesn't it.

Weve always known who has the hate. Those who project it on the conservatives.

Originally posted by Avatar4321

That is because we fight for what is right and we refuse to let the left get away with stuff. I guess if I was a child and I didnt get away with all kinds of shit I would be hating too.

I have proclaimed nothing toward Osama, your premiss for this thread is still one of confrontation toward other members here.

Well if you've proclaimed nothing toward Osama, I think we can tell which side you're on! Confrontation toward what other members? Terrorists? Are there terrorists on this board? Obviously, only terrorists would have a problem with setting aside a week to hate terrorists, right!

Yup. It's a senseless distortion of shameful proportions for the sole purpose of inciting. But I don't think this spider has any shame. He's a liberal.

So now I'm hating the enemy too much? Jeez guys, make up your fricking mind. One minute its "liberals don't ever talk about how bad the enemy is" and the next its "liberals are blowing this talking bad about the enemy thing way out of proportion". Which is it you want !?!?

I have no problems with spidy's hatred of me because that is the one true thing he is inciting. I say bring it on...

Yeah, I'M the one being inciteful here.

True, but his leading post is implying we hate our enemy with a government mandated program. Truly what is happening is just picking a fight with other people on the board.

I don't see any fights developing, do you? Apparently, you don't care if the liberals in this nation hate the enemy enough. I'm an enlightened liberal, the conservatives have made me aware of the fact that liberals don't hate the enemy enough, and I suggest we set aside a week to educate liberals, and everyone really, about how we should hate the enemy, and I'M the bad guy? I can't win for losing with you guys! Just what degree of hatred for the enemy would you like me to have?

I'm sorry, you're a pretty radical liberal if you think the terrorists are conservatives. They aren't. We can hate terrorists without hating conservatives.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Still have'nt figured out how the quote thing works huh? Spidy, I think you are right! we would'nt want them growing up to be like you!

Sorry Sir Evil, I wasn't aware you needed to be reminded that it was you who said what you said.

I would be the prize giver so if you want to keep playing for a prize just keep let me know! Why not just admit your true liberal views instead of being sarcastic with the majority of your posts?

Sarcasm? WTF? You don't like Hate week? No Spiderman/Tuba for President?

OK then, my true view. I don't think it does us any good to sit around obsessesing about how bad the enemy is like you and your warmongering friends. That's really all you guys ever think about, and its sickening. For one thing, we all already know how bad Saddam Hussein is. We all already know how evil terrorism is. Its apparent to me that you and your shock and awe buddies don't really want to hear about anything but the most blatantly obvious thing of all: that the enemy is bad. DUH. We know who Saddam Hussein is. Asking who WE are is a more constructive question at this time because WE are the ones with the power to shape our own futures, not Saddam Hussein.

Well now is'nt that a little easier? problem is that most here are not warmongers as you would put it! Are you suggesting that if we support Bush that we are automattically warmongers?
I have no problem saying that I support the war on terrorism, and I dont have a problem with the fact that we hit Iraq first!
I believe it needs to be dealt with this way, and not because I am a warmonger but I dont think there are many options. What do you suggest doing about it?

From Webster's II New Riverside

warmonger n. One who stirs up or advocates war.

Did you advocate for war in Iraq? I rest my case, warmonger.

Actually I was referring to terrorism in general, but why this thought on Iraq? Was Saddams 12 years of defiance not a good enough reason? was his killing of his own people not a good reason? was the Anthrax and VX that could not be accounted for not a good reason? Your thoughts?

A. What would I do to fight terrorism? Well here's a few ideas. Instead of going off and setting Baghdad on fire to the tune of over 100 billion dollars, let's take that money and make things safer here. Hire air marshalls, scan every package that goes onto airplanes, and improve domestic intelligence. Just a thought.

B. Saddam's killing of his own people was not a reason we went to war in Iraq. Otherwise, your Fearless Shrub wouldn't have said "Disarm and we won't invade" he would have said "Disarm and become a democracy or we'll invade". Shrub did not demand Hussein actually step down and leave the country until the very end. Shrub clearly did not care one way or another about the Iraqi people.

C. No, they're not good enough reasons. There is never a good enough reason to start a war. Repeat never.

Ummm, I think the 12 years of defiance by Saddam was all about disarming! However I can agree with you on point (A) but I think it was very clear that this would be an expensive war from the begining! Seems to me at that time repubs and dems were all pretty much for it.

Shrubbie didn't exactly make clear how expensive Iraq would be. And what's this about the republicans and democrats? Can two major parties be wrong? I think so. You have Shrub to thank for my Democratic vote, if it was a normal Republican in office with no fascist tendencies Kerry could forget about my vote.

Yeah, Saddam Hussein defied the UN for 12 years. So what? What did I say? There is never a good reason to start a war.

Fair enough, you can vote whatever way you like it's your right!
Just seems funny to me how many of these libs are now using this war against Bush when they were originally for it!

So, Saddams regime should have been ignored?

There is a vast sea in between 1) ignored and 2) going to war, wouldn't you agree?

No liberals supported the invasion of Iraq. Those people, like John Kerry, may think of themselves as liberals, but they are not. We call them the "cruise missile left", but they are not far enough left to qualify as liberals.

Originally posted by SpidermanTuba
No liberals supported the invasion of Iraq. Those people, like John Kerry, may think of themselves as liberals, but they are not. We call them the "cruise missile left", but they are not far enough left to qualify as liberals.

I officially declare spidy as not being representative of the true liberals. anyone have an idea how far left he may be?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I officially declare spidy as not being representative of the true liberals. anyone have an idea how far left he may be?

Officially? Who elected you chief representative of all liberals? Funny, you think I'm more left than you, and you're accusing me of not being a true liberal. Strange how that works.

You're right though, I'm not a true liberal.

For one thing, I think gun control is complete BS. All the standard arguments given by the right on this happen to be logically consistent and correct. You can't expect people willing to kill people to not break the law to obtain a gun. Surprisingly, Michael Moore has a pretty good argument against gun control, too, that the conservatives completely misses because they didn't bother to watch "Bowling For Columbine." Canada has guns, Canada has poverty, but Canada has a murder rate much much lower than ours, so its obviously not the guns or the poverty thats the problem.

And for another thing, political vegans (as opposed to vegans who are that way for health or spiritual purposes) drive me up the wall with their arrogant I'm holier than thou attitude about meat eaters. I like eating meat dammit.

California liberals drive me nuts. Visiting California, and listening to the liberal radio there, helps me to understand why conservatives hate liberals. I especially despise their no smoking in bars policy. I think that's the most ridiculous thing on the earth. No smoking in buildings like the library and the courthouse and Aunti's Cat Boutique, fine, that's one thing, but not in bars and diners? WTF? And now they're even outlawing smoking on some public beaches, claiming its a litter problem. Hello, wasn't there already a law against littering?

I'm also opposed to affirmative action, I think its total crap. Yes, statistcally, black people are less advantaged than white people. But the actual disadvantages themselves, like poverty, crappy inner city schools, etc., can be evaluated without taking race into account. A black kid and a white kid with the exact same set of circumstances, other than one is black and one is white, should be given the exact same preference over or under other candidates.

So you're right, I'm not really a liberal, if a liberal is someone who believes in the "mainstream" liberalism. Do I think of myself a liberal? Yes. I think protection of the 2nd amendment is just as liberal an idea as protection of the rest of the amendments, supporting freedom to eat meat and smoke in bars is just as liberal as supporting freedom of speech, and opposing the giving of preference to people because they are not white is just as liberal as opposing the giving of preference to people because they are white.

The point? Labels like "liberal" and "conservative" don't mean a damn thing. A label like "moderate" though ultimately means "not willing to take a stand on anything" :)

Oh, and did I forget to mention, I don't believe in meddling in other nations' affairs? Traditionally that has been a conservative ideal, but they appear to have lost their way.

well, with THAT long winded statement you sound more like a libertarian than a liberal.

Except that if I were a libertarian I'd believe that corporations should be allowed to run rampant and control our lives and that those who can't or won't feed themselves should be left starve to death in the streets.

Did you mean Libertarian as in the party or libertarian as one of the three basic flavors of conservative?

Except that if I were a libertarian I'd believe that corporations should be allowed to run rampant and control our lives and that those who can't or won't feed themselves should be left starve to death in the streets.

Did you mean Libertarian as in the party or libertarian as one of the three basic flavors of conservative?

the latter.

He probabably stands alittle to the right of Stalin.

But then most people dont think you are a true liberal. more moderate than anything. But then this guy thinks John Kerry the most liberal Senator in the Senate isnt a true liberal. Wacko.

If you can't think of something in between completely ignoring something and going to war, I don't know what to tell you.

Translation: I have no idea.

Forum List

Back