Hate Walmart?

...hate the Clintons.

Wal-Mart’s First Lady

Twice in three days last week, Hillary Rodham Clinton basked in the adulation of cheering union members. Her record of supporting collective bargaining, however, is considerably worse than wobbly.

She was on the Walmart board. Look at Cheney, he was ceo of Haliburton and after he "stepped down", they were awarded no bid contract bids in middle eastern wars.

The article is old, she sat on the board even longer ago before Bill was president.

...hate the Clintons.

Wal-Mart’s First Lady

Twice in three days last week, Hillary Rodham Clinton basked in the adulation of cheering union members. Her record of supporting collective bargaining, however, is considerably worse than wobbly.

She was on the Walmart board. Look at Cheney, he was ceo of Haliburton and after he "stepped down", they were awarded no bid contract bids in middle eastern wars.

The article is old, she sat on the board even longer ago before Bill was president.

Before Wal-Mart was even evil.

WalMart Rocks

Cheap stuff for Americans means more buying power for your limited paycheck

Everybody hates WalMart, that's why they are such a huge company and make so much money. I don't hate WalMart. I don't shop there because I hate WalMart customers.

No. Actually, i love Walmart. It is a great store. They just happened to do discount shopping better than the others so they deserve their success. We have had a myriad of discount stores over the years. Jamesway, Big Wheel, Ames , Hills, Woolworths, Kmarts which are deteriorating, and on and on. Walmart stepped in and did what they all were doing but made it better. I shop at Walmart as my #1 go to place.

If you dont' like "cheap" products, then you are free to go somewhere else that sells the same thing for more money. Have at it. I love how people make these arguments but in real life look for the best deal just like everyone else. Capitalism is about looking for the best deal.

WalMart Rocks

Yeah...cheap stuff manufactured somewhere else means less job and smaller paychecks.
:cuckoo:

If you are trying to raise a family on $20,000 a year saving 10-15% at WalMart stretches your buying power

Do you think struggling Americans should boycott WalMart out of altruism? Pay more money in the hopes jobs will eventually trickle down?

Before Wal-Mart was even evil.

Wal-Mart was ruthless..not "evil". And it was always ruthless..

It's called competition. When I opened a small service business, I followed the WalMart model. In six months I had put half my competitors out of business and was humming right along.

WalMart Rocks

Yeah...cheap stuff manufactured somewhere else means less job and smaller paychecks.

If you are trying to raise a family on $20,000 a year saving 10-15% at WalMart stretches your buying power

Do you think struggling Americans should boycott WalMart out of altruism? Pay more money in the hopes jobs will eventually trickle down?

Do you think struggling Americans going to WalMart and buying cheap foreign goods creates jobs?
The nations largest employer is WalMart. A company that pays abysmal wages and criminal benefits - everytime you shop there you support this company and keep right on telling product manufacturers that you want cheap prices no matter what.

Do you think struggling Americans going to WalMart and buying cheap foreign goods creates jobs?
The nations largest employer is WalMart. A company that pays abysmal wages and criminal benefits - everytime you shop there you support this company and keep right on telling product manufacturers that you want cheap prices no matter what.

Ask someone who is counting pennies whether they want to pay $14 or $9.99 for an item. Why are you asking them to be the first to step up to prevent jobs from going overseas?

Why not go after the one per center?

No. Actually, i love Walmart. It is a great store. They just happened to do discount shopping better than the others so they deserve their success. We have had a myriad of discount stores over the years. Jamesway, Big Wheel, Ames , Hills, Woolworths, Kmarts which are deteriorating, and on and on. Walmart stepped in and did what they all were doing but made it better. I shop at Walmart as my #1 go to place.

A lot of people in rural communities hated Walmart because they move in and gobble up business from the Ma and Pa store that are already local. It is a cheap monopoly and they don't even treat their employees well.

Hillary had nothing to do with the Walmart that is in place today. It is all we have in this little rural community and I rarely go there. I'd rather drive for miles or I shop the more expensive Main St. stores just because I find quality merchandise there.

Ask someone who is counting pennies whether they want to pay $14 or $9.99 for an item. Why are you asking them to be the first to step up to prevent jobs from going overseas?

Why not go after the one per center?

Oh for Pete's sake...:doubt:
What you are basically saying is "yes I know shopping at WalMart contributes to the demise of the middle class...but it saves me money...why should I be the one to do the right thing".

Lame.

Forum List

Back