Hate Rising: White supremacy's rise in the U.S.

Perpetual state of BUTTHURT EMOTIONS is the only thing I see on the rise in the US. Everybody is offended all the time. It's epic levels of ridiculous

Yup. Outrage is the key ingredient.

Outrage at everything not to their liking.

Sucks to be them.

"In all of our years of tracking, we've never seen this many [hate] groups," Heidi Beirich told CBS News correspondent Tony Dokoupil. Beirich is the director of Southern Poverty Law Center's (SPLC) Intelligence Project, which monitors hate group activity online. "We've never seen their ideas penetrating the mainstream the way they are. I would say most Americans don't realize how much of this there is."

The SPLC estimates that there are currently more than 900 hate groups -- organizations with beliefs that attack an entire group of people -- operating in the country. Many of these hate groups subscribe to the ideals of white supremacy.

In fact, Beirich says the number of hate groups has doubled over the past two decades -- a trend that appears to follow the impact minorities, financial crisis and political elections have on society.

According to the SPLC, there's a new generation of so-called white nationalism being run by millennials. Matt Heimbach, one of the main organizers of the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, is the face of this movement.

This is a trend we have seen going on big time since 2016.

I came along at the end of the 50s and these types of rallies were big in those days.
The boogey man is gonna getcha, the boogey man ooh the boogey man. More fear mongering all about the imaginary boogey man.

"In all of our years of tracking, we've never seen this many [hate] groups," Heidi Beirich told CBS News correspondent Tony Dokoupil. Beirich is the director of Southern Poverty Law Center's (SPLC) Intelligence Project, which monitors hate group activity online. "We've never seen their ideas penetrating the mainstream the way they are. I would say most Americans don't realize how much of this there is."

The SPLC estimates that there are currently more than 900 hate groups -- organizations with beliefs that attack an entire group of people -- operating in the country. Many of these hate groups subscribe to the ideals of white supremacy.

In fact, Beirich says the number of hate groups has doubled over the past two decades -- a trend that appears to follow the impact minorities, financial crisis and political elections have on society.

According to the SPLC, there's a new generation of so-called white nationalism being run by millennials. Matt Heimbach, one of the main organizers of the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, is the face of this movement.

I came along at the end of the 50s and these types of rallies were big in those days.

When I see thread after thread at this forum, started by people like the OP of this one....I can't help but wonder where all the intelligent people have gone.
It's also painfully evident these lost souls have absolutely no life. So sad.

Just angry, bitter, hateful people.

But yet they blame Trump for dividing us!
I’ve asked several times for us ALL to stop being decisive, but liberals can’t seam to carry out a civil conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump & Trump's 'deplorables' have given rise to the WHITE NATIONALISM within the US in the past 3 years.

Those poor whites had it sooooooooo bad keeping those black slaves down on the farm for DECADES, profiting on the backs of slave labor; just TERRIBLE.

It's horrible being white, abused, and rich in America; just horrible.

So, how many more supremacists are there?

I keep asking that, and not one lib, who is so upset about the rise, can answer.

Because they are very partisan and they stay stupid shit.

How many groups did they claim were racist or a hate group and they actually were not?

Many.

The AFA for one.

American Family Association. In Ye Olden days, I think their moniker was "Moral Majority."

Would it be because of their attacks on the Homosexual Community.

It would be because SPLC is bullshit.

For showing the racism of a so called family group.

How many more white supremacists are there now?

When a group of people become so abused, derided and made the butt of humiliation, abuse and attack the way that Whites have in the last several decades it’s natural for that group to bind together against the rest of Society.
Comical

They certainly weren't as big as they were back when the Democratic party was openly racist.

You're are right, they have just secretly joined the Republican Party.
Riiiight. You do know that every Democrat that voted against Civil Rights and championed segregation stayed in the party, only Strom Thurman actually changed to Republican. The parties switching sides myth has been debunked many times.
No it hasn't -- two GOP chairman don't apologize for using a racist southern strategy to appeal to racist democrats just because -- they apologized because it is an ABSOLUTE FACT

Instead of trying to pretend it didn't happen, how about you own up to it and purge them from your party instead of pandering to them

How many groups did they claim were racist or a hate group and they actually were not?

Many.

The AFA for one.

American Family Association. In Ye Olden days, I think their moniker was "Moral Majority."

How many more white supremacists are there now?

What's so wrong with White supremacy, anyways?

1. You got any sources besides the SPLC? Cause they are not credible.

2. Got any actual numbers on white supremacists? An increase in "Groups" could just be a declining number of supremacists forming more groups online.

Any asshole running around openly preaching white supremacy has a %50 of being an FBI operative trying to find the loons before they do some shit.

How dare people admit Whites are supreme?

Because they are very partisan and they stay stupid shit.

Many.

The AFA for one.

I might disrespect many groups including White ethnics.

I do believe everybody's culture is unique & deserves preservation.

Many Liberals believe in a Global melting pot, thus talk is cheap, and many Libs don't respect cultural aspirations.

Many.

The AFA for one.

I might disrespect many groups including White ethnics.

I do believe everybody's culture is unique & deserves preservation.

Many Liberals believe in a Global melting pot, thus talk is cheap, and many Libs don't respect cultural aspirations.
White supremacy is a natural reaction to the many progressive calls to demonize and eliminate white people.
I think it's extreme but completely understandable.

Trump & Trump's 'deplorables' have given rise to the WHITE NATIONALISM within the US in the past 3 years.

Those poor whites had it sooooooooo bad keeping those black slaves down on the farm for DECADES, profiting on the backs of slave labor; just TERRIBLE.

Well, the OP says they're on the rise. You're going to have to choose a side. Choose wisely.

No; you are wrong. Choosing a 'side' is not a requirement.

One can stay out of the fray & still succeed; playing wisely is the 'choice'

if you chose not to decide you still have made a choice
You have to decide or be the enemy of both sides.

Well, the OP says they're on the rise. You're going to have to choose a side. Choose wisely.

Which side are you choosing, never mind I already know.
It's not my fight, super glue. You picked this one all on your own.

The boogey man is gonna getcha, the boogey man ooh the boogey man. More fear mongering all about the imaginary boogey man.

The number of "hate groups" is highly suspect. The SPLC includes internet sites with no known members, legit Islamic mosques, and disturbed individuals with no known followers.

Nationalism does NOT equal White Nationalism. It equates to the admiration for your own country, and the goal of improving that country.

started
They certainly weren't as big as they were back when the Democratic party was openly racist.

You're are right, they have just secretly joined the Republican Party.
Riiiight. You do know that every Democrat that voted against Civil Rights and championed segregation stayed in the party, only Strom Thurman actually changed to Republican. The parties switching sides myth has been debunked many times.
No it hasn't -- two GOP chairman don't apologize for using a racist southern strategy to appeal to racist democrats just because -- they apologized because it is an ABSOLUTE FACT

Instead of trying to pretend it didn't happen, how about you own up to it and purge them from your party instead of pandering to them
There was no such thing as the Southern Strategy the South shifted to Republican well after the Civil Rights movement started not because of racism but economics.
The Party of Civil Rights | National Review

The Frontline report from last night (available at PBS.org) spoke of the rise in militant white nationalists. It followed several white supremacists across the nation. What was perhaps most surprising was the one who worked for a defense contractor and was fired after he showed up in Charlottesville. What would be interesting and what ProPublica correspondent AC Thompson DIDN’T say was what this piece of shit does now.

All of the groups he followed spoke of the friend they have in the White House now. It’s pretty sick. Whether or not that is true about “friend” is debatable. That they are no longer rejected out of hand is not.

Forum List

Back