Hate Rising: White supremacy's rise in the U.S.

"In all of our years of tracking, we've never seen this many [hate] groups," Heidi Beirich told CBS News correspondent Tony Dokoupil. Beirich is the director of Southern Poverty Law Center's (SPLC) Intelligence Project, which monitors hate group activity online. "We've never seen their ideas penetrating the mainstream the way they are. I would say most Americans don't realize how much of this there is."

The SPLC estimates that there are currently more than 900 hate groups -- organizations with beliefs that attack an entire group of people -- operating in the country. Many of these hate groups subscribe to the ideals of white supremacy.

In fact, Beirich says the number of hate groups has doubled over the past two decades -- a trend that appears to follow the impact minorities, financial crisis and political elections have on society.

According to the SPLC, there's a new generation of so-called white nationalism being run by millennials. Matt Heimbach, one of the main organizers of the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, is the face of this movement.

This is a trend we have seen going on big time since 2016.

I came along at the end of the 50s and these types of rallies were big in those days.

1. You got any sources besides the SPLC? Cause they are not credible.

2. Got any actual numbers on white supremacists? An increase in "Groups" could just be a declining number of supremacists forming more groups online.

Why are they not credible because racist claim it so.

Because they are very partisan and they stay stupid shit.

How many groups did they claim were racist or a hate group and they actually were not?

When a group of people become so abused, derided and made the butt of humiliation, abuse and attack the way that Whites have in the last several decades it’s natural for that group to bind together against the rest of Society.
Poor white supremacists – so misunderstood; why, there are some ‘good people’ among neo-fascists.

You talk about how stupid conservatives are, then say something so stupid as to misquote the President.
They follow Hitler's philosophy.

Keep repeating a big lie long enough and the ignorant masses will believe it.

That's how they converted the Hillary/Russian collusion into a Trump scandal that half the country now believes.

"In all of our years of tracking, we've never seen this many [hate] groups," Heidi Beirich told CBS News correspondent Tony Dokoupil. Beirich is the director of Southern Poverty Law Center's (SPLC) Intelligence Project, which monitors hate group activity online. "We've never seen their ideas penetrating the mainstream the way they are. I would say most Americans don't realize how much of this there is."

The SPLC estimates that there are currently more than 900 hate groups -- organizations with beliefs that attack an entire group of people -- operating in the country. Many of these hate groups subscribe to the ideals of white supremacy.

In fact, Beirich says the number of hate groups has doubled over the past two decades -- a trend that appears to follow the impact minorities, financial crisis and political elections have on society.

According to the SPLC, there's a new generation of so-called white nationalism being run by millennials. Matt Heimbach, one of the main organizers of the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville, is the face of this movement.

I came along at the end of the 50s and these types of rallies were big in those days.
Southern Poverty Law Center :21:

-Geaux

Sounds like the SPLC is not the friend of racist.

2. Got any actual numbers on white supremacists? An increase in "Groups" could just be a declining number of supremacists forming more groups online.

How many groups did they claim were racist or a hate group and they actually were not?

I haven't been keeping count, but it comes up every now and then.

So, any actual numbers, even from the SPLC on how many "more" white supremacists there supposedly are?

lol! That was funny. That was a rhetorical question of course. I know you libs don't roll that way.

When I see thread after thread at this forum, started by people like the OP of this one....I can't help but wonder where all the intelligent people have gone.
It's also painfully evident these lost souls have absolutely no life. So sad.

Just angry, bitter, hateful people.

So, any actual numbers, even from the SPLC on how many "more" white supremacists there supposedly are?

lol! That was funny. That was a rhetorical question of course. I know you libs don't roll that way.

Give us one group whom they labeled as a racist or hate group and they were not, sounds pretty simple.

When I see thread after thread at this forum, started by people like the OP of this one....I can't help but wonder where all the intelligent people have gone.

………..and yet here you are giving your dumbass opinion.

Thank you for proving my point.

smh

"superbadbrutha" lmao

Superbad LOSER RACIST is more like it

Give us one group whom they labeled as a racist or hate group and they were not, sounds pretty simple.

The Proud Boys.

Many.

The AFA for one.

American Family Association. In Ye Olden days, I think their moniker was "Moral Majority."

Any asshole running around openly preaching white supremacy has a %50 of being an FBI operative trying to find the loons before they do some shit.

Thank you for proving my point.

smh

"superbadbrutha" lmao

Superbad LOSER RACIST is more like it

Whatever you say Basic Human Moron.

Many.

The AFA for one.

American Family Association. In Ye Olden days, I think their moniker was "Moral Majority."

Would it be because of their attacks on the Homosexual Community.

Many.

The AFA for one.

Would it be because of their attacks on the Homosexual Community.

It would be because SPLC is bullshit.

Forum List

Back