Hate in America

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
"So now we can add liberals to the list of enemy combatants in America's culture war.

According to the News-Sentinel, Knoxville police department investigator Steve Still wrote in the search warrant that Jim David Adkisson, the man who was arrested in the rampage, went to the church "because of its liberal teachings and his belief that all liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country, and that he felt that the Democrats had tied his country's hands in the war on terror and they had ruined every institution in America with the aid of major media outlets."

Adkisson, who had served in the military, said "that because he could not get to the leaders of the liberal movement he would then target those that had voted them in office," the search warrant states. Among the items seized from Adkisson's house were three books: "The O'Reilly Factor," by television commentator Bill O'Reilly; "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder," by radio personality Michael Savage; and "Let Freedom Ring," by political pundit Sean Hannity.

The Unitarian Universalist Association might be the most liberal denomination in the country. Most members consider themselves part of a post-Christian religion that draws wisdom from all religions and philosophies. There is no central creed, but the denomination promotes a set of principles that includes a belief in "the inherent worth and dignity of every person.""

Under God: "A Whole Lotta Ugly" in Church Shooting - On Faith at washingtonpost.com

Are you suggesting that Bill Oreilly's books are the new Catcher in the Rye?

Who's calling for book burnings? It sounds like the writer is asking people to take responsibility for their words.

A concept lost on those that pretend to be conservatives, apparently.

Who's calling for book burnings? It sounds like the writer is asking people to take responsibility for their words.

You mean like how all you Liberals constantly claiming everyone that doesn't vote for Obama will be a racist and a moron? Or how you insist that anyone that voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004 are idiots and morons? You mean those kind of words? Perhaps you mean all the words where you keep claiming Bush lied and you are going to get him after he gets out of Office? Those words?

How about the words were you keep claim Conservatives in general are ignorant people?

Excuse me if I ignore YOUR advice on hateful words, ok?

You mean like how all you Liberals constantly claiming everyone that doesn't vote for Obama will be a racist and a moron?

Yes

Or how you insist that anyone that voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004 are idiots and morons? You mean those kind of words?
No

Perhaps you mean all the words where you keep claiming Bush lied and you are going to get him after he gets out of Office? Those words?
Yes

How about the words were you keep claim Conservatives in general are ignorant people?
Yes

Excuse me if I ignore YOUR advice on hateful words, ok?
I've never said most of those things.

what responsibility, EXACTLY, is that?

I see you totally missed my Salinger reference.

Tell me, what should have happened to Ward Churchill when he wrote HIS book?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ward_Churchill

Last edited:
Next they will want to ban smoking.

You obviously have not been to California? There are several cities here that have! :banned03:

Now instead of people smoking in the bars and restrauants .... they smoke in their cars and throw burning cigarettes out the window! Creating ------> ALL THE DAMN FORREST FIRES IN CALIFORNIA!!!
:mad:

I quit smoking years ago - but not becase some smart a$$ sitting in a city Mayor's office or city council meeting - told me to!

I doubt it can be much worse than that overrated pile of shit.

I was disappointed with that book too. Hell, the things that make it so socially taboo then wouldn't be a scratch on the surface now. But a kid SMOKING?@!?!

This book would have gone the way of joe camel if it were released these days.

Anyway, my point stands. I don't think talk radio or conservtive books are to blame when some individual sick fuck does something stupid. The same with video games and school shootings. The same with heavy metal and suicide. The same with Beatnik poems and homosexuality. The same with hippy music and drugs. etc etc.

I was disappointed with that book too. Hell, the things that make it so socially taboo then wouldn't be a scratch on the surface now. But a kid SMOKING?@!?!

This book would have gone the way of joe camel if it were released these days.

Anyway, my point stands. I don't think talk radio or conservtive books are to blame when some individual sick fuck does something stupid. The same with video games and school shootings. The same with heavy metal and suicide. The same with Beatnik poems and homosexuality. The same with hippy music and drugs. etc etc.

Thats what I'm talking about Shogun! Like when Columbine happened, they said it was Marilyn Mansons fault, just because he is a strange looking guy doesn't mean he wants people to die. I just hope somebody tries a stunt like that in the name of Al Gore. That would be hilarious. Granted they would probably do something like try to hold up a gas station with an organic carrot, but i bet the left wouldn't want to take Inconvenient Truth off the shelves.

Okay, let's look at what this guy was dealing with, shall we?

Obviously, there was a lot more going on inside the Knoxville shooter's head, heart and soul than hatred of liberals. Police said his ex-wife once was a member of that church, that he was having trouble finding a job, and that his food stamps had been cut.

In other words, the man's life was falling apart and he was seeking some scapegoat group to blame for all his failings.

Happily, he had the "liberal" to blame it all on.

And so he killed some innocent scapegoats.

Lotta this kind of thing happening, folks.

This IS the kind of thing that happens when people are overstressed.

Angry, hateful and deranged people kill Amish school girls and Virginia college students and shoppers at a Nebraska mall. They kill Christians, Jews and Muslims, atheists and humanists, conservative and liberals, Republicans and Democrats, unitarians and trinitarians.
But there's a whole lotta ugly out there, coming at us from a never-ending parade of stupid. It doesn't need any encouragement.

No stupid doesn't need encouragement.

But the people in charge of the shipwrck of state DO need to blame it on somebody and so LIBERALS (as we see here every day, incidently) are a very convenient scapegoat group for those who believe that the people in charge are never responsible for ANYTHING THEY ARE IN CHARGE OF, except whatever successes might be happening.

And don't get me wrong, here...the liberal partisans rationalize for the failings of liberalism, too.

Meanwhile, while both elites teams are fleecing the nation, they pit the PEOPLE against their neighbors.

Typical power and control methods in a shamocracy, I suppose.

"So now we can add liberals to the list of enemy combatants in America's culture war.

According to the News-Sentinel, Knoxville police department investigator Steve Still wrote in the search warrant that Jim David Adkisson, the man who was arrested in the rampage, went to the church "because of its liberal teachings and his belief that all liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country, and that he felt that the Democrats had tied his country's hands in the war on terror and they had ruined every institution in America with the aid of major media outlets."

Adkisson, who had served in the military, said "that because he could not get to the leaders of the liberal movement he would then target those that had voted them in office," the search warrant states. Among the items seized from Adkisson's house were three books: "The O'Reilly Factor," by television commentator Bill O'Reilly; "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder," by radio personality Michael Savage; and "Let Freedom Ring," by political pundit Sean Hannity.

The Unitarian Universalist Association might be the most liberal denomination in the country. Most members consider themselves part of a post-Christian religion that draws wisdom from all religions and philosophies. There is no central creed, but the denomination promotes a set of principles that includes a belief in "the inherent worth and dignity of every person.""

Under God: "A Whole Lotta Ugly" in Church Shooting - On Faith at washingtonpost.com

Democrats seem more in tune with live and let live than Republicans. Police your own morality. Don't watch the show if you find it offensive. What you do in your own bedroom is your business, as long as you aren't hurting anyone or breaking the law. Stop discriminating against gays because of your religious beliefs. Realize that not everyone buys into your fantasies. If our society is discriminating against gay people by not giving them the same rights, then that is wrong, no matter what your religion says about them.

Forum List

Back