Hate Crimes That Are Not-Majority?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
This is sad and at the same time appears too prevalent. I agree that a blog may not be a bad idea. Links at site.

http://lashawnbarber.com/archives/2005/05/09/fakehatecom/

A homosexual teenager has been exposed for perpetrating a fake hate campaign…against herself!

The teen, who heads the school’s Gay-Straight Alliance, admitted to authorities that she was the perpetrator of the incidents, which included vandalizing her own car with derogatory graffiti, police said….Other incidents involved teachers who received threatening telephone messages.

“It has been determined that all the incidents have been committed by a single individual,'’ Wickham said.

The student was not identified by police….The girl has been suspended and could face expulsion, said Bob Ferguson, district school superintendent.

“She confessed to everything,'’ Ferguson said. “She did admit to police that it was basically for attention.'’

The student was not arrested, but police said the case would be referred to the Marin County District Attorney’s Office for review….In a series of incidents dating back to November, the student claimed she was the target of hateful language, with anti-gay epithets scrawled on her car and on her school locker. She told police she was pelted with eggs outside her home by an unknown assailant. (Source)

Also see Michelle Malkin. “Hate crime” is nothing more than an attempt to police thoughts, which is anathema to democracy and freedom. All thought crime laws should be abolished!

I’ve decided to start a group blog that will not only expose idiots who do this, but one that will mock the very laws and lawmakers themselves. If I may be so ambitious, I’d like to start a grassroots campaign to dismantle these laws, or at the very least, raise awareness of how unnecessary they are, how open they are to abuse, unintended consequences, etc.

I just bought the domain “FakeHate.com.” Details to follow…

Related posts:

More Fake Hate
Alicia Hardin, Exposed
It’s a Hate Crime After All
Sorry, Whites Not Protected Under Hate Crime Law
Addendum: For some reason, a couple of readers fail to see the distinction between the element of premeditation or aforethought in a crime such as murder, and crimes based on how you feel or what you think about protected classes of people, such as blacks and homosexuals. So-called hate crimes criminalize thoughts, something that should never be a part of a free society. Hate is not a crime. Killing someone is a crime. The difference in the degrees of murder (first, second, and third), for example, go to the intent of the perpetrator, not his motive for the killing.

The mental state of a perpetrator is an important element in a crime like attempted murder, but the focus is on whether he planned or intended to kill the victim, not what he thinks or feels about the victim. Our “feelings” or opinions about people are not subject to penalty. I think I need to write a well-researched op-ed and/or direct you toward legal papers on the subject. Perhaps I’m not explaining the concept very well, or perhaps those who favor hate crimes are too biased to understand it.

Last year I blogged about the stupidity of “hate crimes.” An excerpt:

I’m going to demonstrate the silliness of these laws. Let’s suppose I’m bashing you over the head because you cut me off in traffic. There’s a law against that. Now let’s suppose I’m doing the same thing because you’re white, and I hate whites. Does the crime change? Why should I get two extra years in jail because I hate whites? … What if I’m bashing you over the head because you’re white and because you cut me off in traffic?

Let’s say I, a black person, set you on fire because you’re black and I hate black people, even though I’m black. In addition to other criminal laws broken, is it also a hate crime?
…

Is wife-beating a hate crime? Is raping a woman a hate crime? What about raping a black woman? Is it a hate crime only if you’re doing it because she’s black? Is the crime qualitatively worse because you hate blacks, women or both?

Read the rest.

Posted by La Shawn @ 10:01 am Permalink

Forum List

Back