Hate Crimes in NY Up 14%

hate crimes come down to serving 10 years in prison for saying a word like faggot or ******.
While beating someone, perhaps. But not for simply saying it.

You can run around and yell those words all you want, Elvis, as long as it is not in the commission of a crime.

How long a jail term would one get for not using the words but still beating someone?

Subtract that from the "hate crime" sentence and there you have it.
:doubt:

Let's see - according to DiveCon, I am an "asshole" and now, here you come with "dishonest fuckstain."

You folks are really credits to the conservative side of the picture.

You have made smartass remarks and baselessly accused people of defending racism in this thread. Don't be surprised when people call you mean names.

oh and manifold voted for Obama.

fail.

Let's see - according to DiveCon, I am an "asshole" and now, here you come with "dishonest fuckstain."

You have made smartass remarks and baselessly accused people of defending racism in this thread. Don't be surprised when people call you mean names.

fail.

People who are opposed to hate crime legislation are opposed to legislation designed to help minorities. That is the definition of covert racism. Covert racists do precisely that. They support programs that impede minorities and are opposed to programs that help minorities.

I am not at all "surprised" when posters such as these fling adolescent insults. Such is to be expected from posters of that ilk.

Last edited:

fail.

People who are opposed to hate crime legislation are opposed to legislation designed to help minorities. That is the definition of covert racism. Covert racists do precisely that. They support programs that impede minorities and are opposed to programs that help minorities.

I am not at all "surprised" when posters such as these fling adolescent insults. Such is to be expected from posters of that ilk.
again BULLSHIT
people can be opposed to hate crime bullshit without having ANY racism involved

fail.

again BULLSHIT

I'm opposed to Hate Crime because I believe all violent crime involves Hate, at some level. I do not support Protected Classes, I don't support Thought Crime Legislation. Either the Law is Impartial, or it is corrupted.

again BULLSHIT

I'm opposed to Hate Crime because I believe all violent crime involves Hate, at some level. I do not support Protected Classes, I don't support Thought Crime Legislation. Either the Law is Impartial, or it is corrupted.
but to george, he thinks you oppose it because you are a racist

The absolute best positive outcome that will ever come from hate crime legislation is that violent racists and fag bashers will learn not to yell any of the no-no words while putting their cowboy boot through their victim's skull. But hey, at least that means their victims won't have to suffer the indignity of being called a fag as they breath their final, agonizing breath. :thup:

Last edited:
The absolute best positive outcome that will ever come from hate crime legislation is that violent racists and fag bashers will learn not to yell any of the no-no words while putting their cowboy boot through their victim's skull. But hey, at least that means their victims won't have to suffer the indignity of being called a fag as they breath their final, agonizing breath. :thup:

^ Of course to a donkey like GC, that's progress. :lol:

fail.

again BULLSHIT

Where's the harm in a law that protects certain target groups from being picked upon merely because they are members of a target group? Who gets hurt by such a law? Only one type of person - the person who makes the attacks on the innocent victims.

Most of the time, there is a rational reason for an assault on another person. The other guy insulted the perp's girlfriend, or kicked the perp's dog, etc. There are as many reasons as there are human situations. And in all of them, the victim did SOMETHING to antagonize the attacker. Not so with a hate crime. The only thing a hate crime victim did was be born into the protected group.

Someone who attacks another solely for a reason such as that, is a superhuman jerk, and deserves extra punishment. I don't understand people who do things like that, nor do I understand those who would protect them from the punishment they deserve.

Who watered down the penalty for Assault and Battery? Why? Why do Victim's get less Justice for not being Gay, or a Minority? How does that make sense? How does Plea Bargaining Violent Crime make any sense? What sense does early Parole make?

again BULLSHIT

Where's the harm in a law that protects certain target groups from being picked upon merely because they are members of a target group? Who gets hurt by such a law? Only one type of person - the person who makes the attacks on the innocent victims.

Most of the time, there is a rational reason for an assault on another person. The other guy insulted the perp's girlfriend, or kicked the perp's dog, etc. There are as many reasons as there are human situations. And in all of them, the victim did SOMETHING to antagonize the attacker. Not so with a hate crime. The only thing a hate crime victim did was be born into the protected group.

Someone who attacks another solely for a reason such as that, is a superhuman jerk, and deserves extra punishment. I don't understand people who do things like that, nor do I understand those who would protect them from the punishment they deserve.
yes, people who do such things are subhuman jerks
but the eyes of the law are supposed to be blind to that and treat the CRIME and not the reason
but for YOU you have to paint anyone that opposes your bullshit into a racist

sorry, that doesnt fly

The absolute best positive outcome that will ever come from hate crime legislation

is that violent racists and fag bashers will learn not to yell any of the no-no words while putting their cowboy boot through their victim's skull.

But hey, at least that means their victims won't have to suffer the indignity of being called a fag as they breath their final, agonizing breath. :thup:

^ Of course to a donkey like GC, that's progress. :lol:

Except a lawyer could still prove someone's motivation for a crime even with the absence of a verbal slur at the scene of the crime...

So Mani, since you suggest "the absolute best positive outcome from hate crime legislation", can you also posit the absolute worst that could come of it...?

fail.

No. Hate crimes do not just cover minorities.

fail.

Ok. I'll listen. Who all do they cover?

fail.

No. they aren't racists. Making blanket statements such as what you're doing makes you as bad as David Duke.

Ok. I'll listen. Who all do they cover?
Everyone that has a gender, a religion or an ethnic background.

Who watered down the penalty for Assault and Battery? Why? Why do Victim's get less Justice for not being Gay, or a Minority? How does that make sense? How does Plea Bargaining Violent Crime make any sense? What sense does early Parole make?

LESS justice? :lol:

If you're not victimized BECAUSE you are a certain minority then you're really not missing out!

I'm half German. So maybe my attacker would receive the sentence he deserves if he were to call me a mutt Nazi piece of shit.
:lol::lol::lol:

A white guy burned down a black Church the day after Obama was elected.

The guy says absolutely nothing at the scene. No N word, just gasoline and a match.

He is being charged with arson AND if convicted will also face "hate crime" charges for the extended harm to the black community. He did not just burn something, anything, he burned a black church to send a message of intimidation. If the lawyer can prove his motivation based on other evidence, what is the harm if he faces enhanced charges? Vs what's the harm if the law treats such a crime as just any old run of the mill arson...?

Are other victims of arson somehow receiving "less justice"?

Forum List

Back