Hate Crime Bill Set to Pass?

Are you afraid that you'll have a few extra years tacked on when you bust up a fags face?

If the same thing doesn't happen because someone was assaulted on Cleveland's "Beat Up a White Kid Day", YES.

‘(1) OFFENSES INVOLVING ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN- Whoever, whether or not acting under color of law, willfully causes bodily injury to any person or, through the use of fire, a firearm, a dangerous weapon, or an explosive or incendiary device, attempts to cause bodily injury to any person, because of the actual or perceived race, color, religion, or national origin of any person--

There is nothing in the law saying "this law will be only enforced in crimes committed by whites".

It is remarkable how people are condoning special sentencing considerations for a crime based upon who the crime was committed against.

If a Black kills a White - is that a "Hate Crime"?

If someone screams out "Faggot!" during a gay pride parade, is that a "hate crime"? Should it not just be stupidity protected by Free Speech.

What of MSNBC's mocking of a woman's gender, her physical appearance, etc - is that a "hate crime"?

This is just silly political leftist posturing that will lead the legal system down a terribly misguided path.

Political feel-goodism that becomes law is a truly dangerous development...

If someone screams out "Faggot!" during a gay pride parade, is that a "hate crime"? Should it not just be stupidity protected by Free Speech.

I wonder if the exerpt from the proposed law will answer your question.

‘(1) OFFENSES INVOLVING ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN- Whoever, whether or not acting under color of law, willfully causes bodily injury to any person or, through the use of fire, a firearm, a dangerous weapon, or an explosive or incendiary device, attempts to cause bodily injury to any person, because of the actual or perceived race, color, religion, or national origin of any person--

Well, it looks like you're safe to attend a gay pride parade and yell faggot at others. Maybe you'll "convert" a few.

It is remarkable how people are condoning special sentencing considerations for a crime based upon who the crime was committed against.

What of MSNBC's mocking of a woman's gender, her physical appearance, etc - is that a "hate crime"?

This is just silly political leftist posturing that will lead the legal system down a terribly misguided path.

Political feel-goodism that becomes law is a truly dangerous development...

Not to a lefty,, hell they cheered MSNBC

Yes, if its racially motivated.

You Cons are always so misinformed about this. I've been on the FBI hate crimes data base. Racially motivated crimes against whites are prosecuted, just like any other hate crime.

Sean Hannity has been lying to you, and fucking you like a little bitch.

Do you want to come back here and admit you didn't know what the fuck you were talking about?

FBI Hate Crimes Statistics 2007.

racially motivated hate crimes against whites ARE prosecuted. And given the demographics - there's relatively few minorities in the country to commit hate crimes on whites - the statistics look pretty balanced, proportional to demographics.

Will you admit Sean Hannity has been lying to you? Or not?

Just as I suspected.

A bunch of pansy assed white guys whine that hate crimes laws don't apply to, or protect white people.

And then when I show them the FBI website, that shows that white people ARE protected by hate crimes laws and racially motiviated crime, the little chicken shits dissapear from the thread.

Actually, if you look at those statistics you provided it does show that anti-white crime is punished far less than it happens.

Also, the bill is another great example of "give an inch ...".

Actually, if you look at those statistics you provided it does show that anti-white crime is punished far less than it happens.

That's demographics.

There's far fewer minorities in this country than white people. So by definition, and by simple mathematics, the odds of a white person being attacked by a person of color is exponentially less, that a person of color getting attacked by a white person.

Its basic arithmetic.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

That's demographics.

There's far fewer minorities in this country than white people. So by definition, and by simple mathematics, the odds of a white person being attacked by a person of color is exponentially less, that a person of color getting attacked by a white person.

Its basic arithmetic.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Really ... by my calculations that offers more victims as well, so the numbers should be closer because of that alone. Then by personal experience I see just as much crime done against white people as there is against black people if not more, and often they do target white people specifically. Sorry, but the statistics still show that anti-white crime is less prosecuted than anti-black crime.

Just as I suspected.

A bunch of pansy assed white guys whine that hate crimes laws don't apply to, or protect white people.

And then when I show them the FBI website, that shows that white people ARE protected by hate crimes laws and racially motiviated crime, the little chicken shits dissapear from the thread.

I love it. If we just complain, we are "pansy assed white guys" who whine. But then your team starts hyperventilating that we are going to become violent.

So which is it? Logically, one wouldn't be worried about potential violent confrontation with cowards.

If a man attacks women because he hates women, should this be a "hate crime"?

Actually, there are always different sentencing considerations based on intent.

I always find it remarkable that anyone would be upset that goverment tries to stop people from being victimized by people who are full of hate just because of what someone is born.

A crime is a crime... assault is no different if done because of a skin color than it is if you just detest the person because they insulted you...

This is redundant "feel good" law

Assault is assault... battery is battery... murder is murder

None of there crimes are done out of friendliness

equal protection under the law.. scratch that,,, fair and impartial justice, scratch that,,, justice is blind,,,,scratch that!

Forum List

Back