Hate-crime arrests in Quran desecrations at Pace University

You all who is falling in step with this hate crime Bs....You are going to see..it is going to come up and bite you on the ass....the next step is speaking against someone, and that will become a hate crime....

A crime is hateful...No friggin matter who it is done to...

As I said...I enjoyed a free United States, and sometimes I feel like...you all deserve what you all are bowing down too....Hey...if it makes your guilty consciousness feel better..have at it...Because God knows it been drummed into our heads as how bad us Americans can be....
When I was growing up...we were all just Americans..No African-American, Asian-American,etc, etc...People came here to become an American....But not anymore...Now they just come to take advantage of the country that we worked so hard to create.....How lovely...
I expect in a few yrs...This won't be the United states of America...It will the United of all and any Nations that you all choose......Because...we HAVE to be political correct and not make demands on anybody to become an American....

I see the fall of America in the near future...
Because the kids today..won't fight for what the United States once stood for.....Sal a vie....

let's say that the Koran was the guy's... that desecrated it....

Then if I were the school, and he were a student at the college, I would give him a major warning the first time with maybe some sensitivity courses, and suspend him or rather kick him out of the school if he repeated it.

It is this kind of mindset that scares me about the future of America.

Care, I am shocked you even said that, especially after your good example protesting "hate crimes" which are, of course, a bunch of PC malarky. But I guess this just goes to show how deeply the liberals have conditioned the public.

"sensitivity" courses are nothing more than methods for reeducation, reprogramming, conditioning, and propagandizing the public by anti-Americans. I say anti-Americans because such practices, when they are forced upon us completely negate our American freedoms.

We, as Americans, have the RIGHT TO HATE and to EXPRESS that hate. That is what free speech is all about. If we cross the line and express our hate with violence and hurt others, it is the violence that should be punished, NOT the hate or the ideas that we express. But that is what the anti-Americans are targeting. This is nothing more than mind control.

We need to get rid of these damn liberal "sensitivity" trainings. :wtf:

It is NOT a hate crime, to flush one's personal propert down the toilet, and the muslims who disagree, are acting like facists, trying to take away his freedom of speech, expression, and right to do what he wants with his own property.

Well golly gee...this is a hate crime...yet piss Christ is just freedom of speech.......hmmmm.

July 27, 2007, 8:33 PM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) _ A 23-year-old man was arrested Friday on hate-crime charges after he threw a Quran in a toilet at Pace University on two separate occasions, police said.

Stanislav Shmulevich of Brooklyn was arrested on charges of criminal mischief and aggravated harassment, both hate crimes, police said. It was unclear if he was a student at the school. A message left at the Shmulevich home was not immediately returned.

The Islamic holy book was found in a toilet at Pace's lower Manhattan campus by a teacher on Oct. 13. A student discovered another book in a toilet on Nov. 21, police said.

Muslim activists had called on Pace University to crack down on hate crimes after the incidents. As a result, the university said it would offer sensitivity training to its students.

The school was accused by Muslim students of not taking the incident seriously enough at first. Pace classified the first desecration of the holy book as an act of vandalism, but university officials later reversed themselves and referred the incident to the New York Police Department's hate crimes unit.

The incidents came amid a spate of vandalism cases with religious or racial overtones at the school. In an earlier incident on Sept. 21, the school reported another copy of the Quran was found in a library toilet, and in October someone scrawled racial slurs on a student's car at the Westchester County satellite campus and on a bathroom wall at the campus in lower Manhattan. Police did not connect Shmulevich to those incidents.

Treatment of the Quran is a sensitive issue for Muslims, who view the book as a sacred object and mistreating it as an offense against God. The religion teaches that the Quran is the direct word of God.

In 2005, Newsweek magazine published and later retracted a story claiming U.S. interrogators at a prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, flushed a copy of the holy book down a toilet. The report sparked deadly demonstrations in Afghanistan and protests throughout the Middle East.

Pace University has 14,000 students on its campuses in New York City and Westchester County.

Messages left for school administrators and for officials with the New York and national chapters of the Council on American-Islamic Relations were not immediately returned Friday evening.

Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the national CAIR office in Washington, D.C., has said the organization receives frequent reports of Quran desecrations in the United States, especially postings on Internet sites, but seldom makes them public.

He said CAIR decided to speak out about the Pace incidents because Muslim students are impacted by the creation of what could be viewed as a hostile campus environment.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...ul27,0,6882662.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork

-------------------------------------------------------
Hope you all enjoy your freedom while you still have them...I know I did mine for my 50 plus yrs.:cool:

It is this kind of mindset that scares me about the future of America.

Care, I am shocked you even said that, especially after your good example protesting "hate crimes" which are, of course, a bunch of PC malarky. But I guess this just goes to show how deeply the liberals have conditioned the public.

"sensitivity" courses are nothing more than methods for reeducation, reprogramming, conditioning, and propagandizing the public by anti-Americans. I say anti-Americans because such practices, when they are forced upon us completely negate our American freedoms.

We, as Americans, have the RIGHT TO HATE and to EXPRESS that hate. That is what free speech is all about. If we cross the line and express our hate with violence and hurt others, it is the violence that should be punished, NOT the hate or the ideas that we express. But that is what the anti-Americans are targeting. This is nothing more than mind control.

We need to get rid of these damn liberal "sensitivity" trainings. :wtf:

We just can't help ourselves, don't you know that? hahahahaha! I mean, for goodness sakes, what do you expect with a Liberal Name like Care4all? lol

Honestly though, I hate pointing fingers but I only thought it could be a good idea AFTER Kathianne had mentioned it could be of some use, and SHE is a Conservative! lol and that's my liberal side wanting to blame others for my own mishap!!!! hahaha!

Oh well...

Care

No I dont think it is a crime to burn a flag.

This is about hate crimes though and I see nothing wrong with them reporting as a "possible " hate crime to be investigated do you?

This is about hate crimes though and I see nothing wrong with them reporting as a "possible " hate crime to be investigated do you?

if flushing a book a book is a hate crime then burning my flag is a hate crime

yes I do, for all the reasons I previously mentioned, that you choose to ignore.

if flushing a book a book is a hate crime then burning my flag is a hate crime

First, you are unclear on the american legal system. A hate crime is an act intended to intimidate or coerce a group based on race, creed, religion, or ethnicity. Flushing a koran in the toilet of your own house is not a hate crime. Go ahead and do it. Your doing in on private property, and your not publically trying to intimidate anybody. In fact, you could have a party at your house invite your friends over, and flush all the Korans you want. That's not a hate crime.

Painting swastikas on a christian church, or scrawling anti-muslim slurs and flushing a koran in a public bathroom, is subject to investigation as a hate crime - because it may be intended to intimidate a religious, racial, or ethnic group - Americans have a constitutional right to the free practice of faith, free of those who would seek to deprive it, or intimidate those from practicing faith or freedom of association.

Burning a flag is not a crime of bias against any religion, creed, or race. Its not a crime that could deprive someone of their constitutional rights to freedom of religion or association.

Second, I welcome you to work to make it part of the Republican national platform to get rid of all hate crime legislation. Put your money where your mouth is. Its a free country, you have the right to contribute to the direction of your party. I would support your right to a Party which is committed to getting rid of all hate crimes legislation.

First, you are unclear on the american legal system. A hate crime is an act intended to intimidate or coerce a group based on race, creed, religion, or ethnicity. Flushing a koran in the toilet of your own house is not a hate crime. Go ahead and do it. Your doing in on private property, and your not publically trying to intimidate anybody. In fact, you could have a party at your house invite your friends over, and flush all the Korans you want. That's not a hate crime.

Painting swastikas on a christian church, or scrawling anti-muslim slurs and flushing a koran in a public bathroom, is subject to investigation as a hate crime - because it may be intended to intimidate a religious, racial, or ethnic group - Americans have a constitutional right to the free practice of faith, free of those who would seek to deprive it, or intimidate those from practicing faith or freedom of association.

Burning a flag is not a crime of bias against any religion, creed, or race. Its not a crime that could deprive someone of their constitutional rights to freedom of religion or association.

Second, I welcome you to work to make it part of the Republican national platform to get rid of all hate crime legislation. Put your money where your mouth is. Its a free country, you have the right to contribute to the direction of your party. I would support your right to a Party which is committed to getting rid of all hate crimes legislation.

first you are rude...

and based on your definition of hate crime burning an american flag would be an act intended to intimidate or coerce a group based on race, creed, religion, or ethnicity .... i am a white christian american male and it offends me on all four....

second, the republican party is not my party and i have put my money where my mouth is concerning this issue....same goes for the insanity defence....

if one can burn my flag in public to intimidate me and be protected by freedom of speach....then i can burn their book....

the difference is... under my flag you are free to live as you wish and burn the falg.... under their book you have no such freedom and they will kill you for burning their book.....why you defend that is beyond me...

first you are rude...

and based on your definition of hate crime burning an american flag would be an act intended to intimidate or coerce a group based on race, creed, religion, or ethnicity .... i am a white christian american male and it offends me on all four....

second, the republican party is not my party and i have put my money where my mouth is concerning this issue....same goes for the insanity defence....

if one can burn my flag in public to intimidate me and be protected by freedom of speach....then i can burn their book....

the difference is... under my flag you are free to live as you wish and burn the falg.... under their book you have no such freedom and they will kill you for burning their book.....why you defend that is beyond me...

based on your definition of hate crime burning an american flag would be an act intended to intimidate or coerce a group based on race, creed, religion, or ethnicity .... i am a white christian american male and it offends me on all four....

Astonishing. You're clueless.

First, the burning of the american flag is a virtual myth. There are only a handful of cases of it ever happening in the United States. What you see on TV, is from other countries: Pakistan, Iran, etc.

Second, you're are ignorant of our history and of your own alleged religion. The flag of the United States does not represent your church, your religion, or your skin color:

Treaty of Tripoli - 1798
Negotiated by President George Washintgon
Signed by President John Adams
Unanimously approved by the U.S. Senate:

Art. 11. "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen (muslims); and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

Ergo, the burning of the flag (which virtually never even happens in this country), is not a violation of any of your constitutional rights to freely excercise your religion, nor is it any kind of racial violation against your skin color or creed.

The constitution doesn't protect you from being offended, dummy. It protects your civil rights to practice freedom of faith and association. Free of intimidation or coercion.

I think Christianity, Christians, and/or the Bible are villified every day and no one is EVER charged with a hate crime. It's okay to hate white people and Christians.

One could argue every crime that is not a spur of the moment action is a hate crime. Or one could argue each crime is what it is, and should be punished equally.

There's an obvious legal double standard. How come you can burn my flag and it isn't a hate crime?

Until the law is equal, I will treat it as the joke it is.

”I think Christianity, Christians, and/or the Bible are vilified every day and no one is EVER charged with a hate crime.”

Never? Really??

"Grand Ronde Methodist church fire investigated as a possible hate crime"

The Oregonian, July 3, 2007

GRAND RONDE -- Federal officials and local police investigated a Grand Ronde Methodist church fire as a possible hate crime today after swastikas and anarchist symbols were found at the scene.

Swastikas, pentagrams and anarchist symbols were spray-painted on the church and school.

The Oregon State Police Arson Team, the FBI and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are assisting with the investigation.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/2007/07/grand_ronde_church_fire_invest.html

A crime with the intent to intimidate people from the free practice of their faith - whether it be Christian, Muslim, or Jewish - is a denial of their civil rights. The free practice of religious faith, free from intimidation and coercion, is a federally protected right. It goes beyond a simple crime of arson or vandalism, if the intent is to intimidate americans from exercising a federally guaranteed right. As such, I would support a hate-crimes investigation if anarchists, or Satanists, tried to intimidate a Christian church.

Well, IF someone had done this to your Bible, which is also Considered the Word of God, would you consider it a hate crime? Would you be offended and would you want the Hate Crime Law enforced?

If you are insulted when a Bible is thrown in the toilet, then instead of making "fun" of these people that were religiously offended, you should be supporting their concerns.

Do unto others as you would WANT THEM to do unto you.

Not do unto others what they have done to you.

I think that if you feel that someone flushing the Holy Bible down the toilet to intimidate you and your religious beliefs is hateful, (even if society doesn't seem to give it the same credence as the Koran's desecration but you FELT it should have been...), then you should see flushing the koran as also a hateful thing to do!

imo

Care

I wouldnt let them intimidate me. You shouldnt give people that kind of power over you. And no he shouldnt be arrested. I dont think the Lord is going to be pleased with someone who mocks Him. But I dont think the government has any reason to interfere.

How would you feel about it if it was a muslim who put a bible in the toilet?

The Bible is a book. Nothing more nothing less. The value of the Bible isnt in its binding or its cover. its the words inside that are valuable. The Words of God. You can destroy the Word of God by destroying a Bible. Even if all the Bibles in the world were destroyed, the Lord can still speak His Word according to His will.

The book itself is profitless. its only what we learn from it that has any value. and no act of destruction can destroy that.

Love your little speech on religion, so.. explain "art" work that denegrates the Christian religion and not only is allowed but gets money from the Government.

You mean an act like putting a crucific in a jar of piss? An act Christians are told is supposed to be art?

So hate is alright if we call it art?

This is exactly what is wrong with thought crimes.

You really are a jester right.....
I believe in Freedom of Speech...
Just like our country was founded on....
We see our Christian symbols degraded every single day,(just like the piss Christ), did I like it, No.... yet we don't DEMAND A PERSON BE JAILED FOR IT.......We don't DEMAND they have sensitivity TRAINING........

ENJOY YOUR FREEDOMS.........WHILE YOU STILL HAVE THEM....Because you and you alone with your dumb ideology....about what is or is not offensive...Will be your downfall....
I hope your knees are ready to bow down and kiss the KORAN five times a day....Sheeesh......:cuckoo:

You should note the charges the man is being charged with since they are criminal mischief and aggravated assault which in this specific instance are hate crimes because of the intent. That is why the first instance where the Quran was put in the tiolet was considered an act of vandalism while this time it was considered criminal mischief and aggravated assault and therefore a hate crime. People degrading religious symbols by itself isn't a crime. That is a form of free speech but when the intent is to create fear in a group of people as part of a systematic attack on them, and their property than it becomes a hate crime. It doesn't matter if those symbols are Christan, Muslim or part of any other religion. The crime here is the criminal mischief and aggravated assault involved and the intent behind that assault makes it a hate crime. If you intend to cause someone to fear for themselves or their safety and to create a hostile environment for a group of people than it is a hate crime in addition to being assault. Putting a black doll in the toilet on two separate occasions and writing racial slurs on a persons car creates an environment where every black person would be right to feel a sense of fear and this also holds true of the actions here. There was no legitimate purpose to this speech. It wasn't part of a legitimate protest. Burning the Canadian flag during a political protest, or taking artistic liberty with religious symbols isn't a crime but it is a crime to burn the Canadian flag and put it in the toilet of a public university where Canadians go and if it was part of a series of attempts to intimidate people than it becomes a hate crime.

If a person committed a hate crime against Christians we would rightly demand that they be prosecuted. If a group of thugs or assholes went to a Catholic University and started flushing Bibles down the toilet, defacing private property or using a public or private university as a means to create fear on the part of others than it is proper to charge a person with assault. This man's action's were by definition hate crimes. It wasn't a public protest, it wasn't an act of political speech nor was it anything other than criminal mischief and aggravated assault. He broke the law and yet you and those who share your ideology defend this criminal because you are like him are the scum of the earth.

If a person committed a hate crime against Christians we would rightly demand that they be prosecuted. .

:eusa_liar:

ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edward, politically you and I are diametric opposites. However, I will give credit where credit is due, and that is one of the funniest things I've ever read on the internets. Way to go dude :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

New Topics

Forum List

Back