Hate Between Conservatives & Liberals

BrianH

Mar 10, 2008
Texas
My question is:

Why is their so much hate between conservatives and liberals?

Aside from the jackass idea that all conseratives are republicans and all liberals are democrats, why is there so much hate between the two on these threads?
I see numerous posts where people are attacking people simply by the assumption that they are conservative or liberals...(myself included.) I am guilty of similar accusations, however, I try not to attack someone strictly because they are either one. Sometimes a poster may make a retarded post, and then someone will post something about them just being a "stupid liberal", or a "consevative wingnut."

I understand that these two ideas (cons. and lib.) are conflicting by nature, however, why can we not just just accept that the two things are not only a cultural difference, but a personal preference...a right given to all of us by our constitution. I see too much in this country where one side wants to strip the other side of all their rights. I have no problem with debating issues rationally, but there's also this little thing called "classical conditioning." Most of us grew up believing certain things, and most of us still believe what we've believed for a long time. There are exceptions and small things that may change, but most of us believe what we belive not only because it may be the law, or true, but also because it's our personal preference. It's what makes us feel more comfortable. I meet people all the time who have different views, but we cant talk abou them rationally without hating each other.

Maybe I'm just venting here, but it seems like you can hardly post anything on these threads without having someone call you a conservative wingnut or a liberal wingnut. The generalizations are not only ignorant, but immature. I'm not intending this post to be an olive branch, but rather a discussion about WHY there is so much hate between the two views. Anyway, this will probably be a bust thread, but I thought it would be nice to get everyone's thoughts on this.

My question is:

Aside from the jackass idea that all conseratives are republicans and all liberals are democrats, why is there so much hate between the two on these threads?
I see numerous posts where people are attacking people simply by the assumption that they are conservative or liberals...(myself included.) I am guilty of similar accusations, however, I try not to attack someone strictly because they are either one. Sometimes a poster may make a retarded post, and then someone will post something about them just being a "stupid liberal", or a "consevative wingnut."

I understand that these two ideas (cons. and lib.) are conflicting by nature, however, why can we not just just accept that the two things are not only a cultural difference, but a personal preference...a right given to all of us by our constitution. I see too much in this country where one side wants to strip the other side of all their rights. I have no problem with debating issues rationally, but there's also this little thing called "classical conditioning." Most of us grew up believing certain things, and most of us still believe what we've believed for a long time. There are exceptions and small things that may change, but most of us believe what we belive not only because it may be the law, or true, but also because it's our personal preference. It's what makes us feel more comfortable. I meet people all the time who have different views, but we cant talk abou them rationally without hating each other.

Maybe I'm just venting here, but it seems like you can hardly post anything on these threads without having someone call you a conservative wingnut or a liberal wingnut. The generalizations are not only ignorant, but immature. I'm not intending this post to be an olive branch, but rather a discussion about WHY there is so much hate between the two views. Anyway, this will probably be a bust thread, but I thought it would be nice to get everyone's thoughts on this.

I have always maintained that it is the arrogance of human nature. We see things primarily, and reflexively from our own perspective only. We can project ourselves into the other person's position, but it is not the same as actually living that life, and there are perspectives and experiences that we cannot truly comprehend without living them first-hand. It is bias. It is bigotry. It is subjective opinion and philosophy.

But above all, it is human nature, which we cannot change or control. It is what drives the world apart, and less frequently, pulls it back together.

Disagreement is not 'hate'.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of people on here that simply disagree and debate rationally, however, there are LOTS of people on here that hate the other side. You can read their posts and gather it very quickly.

My question is:

Why do Charger fans hate Raider fans???

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of people on here that simply disagree and debate rationally, however, there are LOTS of people on here that hate the other side. You can read their posts and gather it very quickly.

Passion is not 'hate' either. You can't 'read their posts and gather' jack shit. I argue politics with lots of liberals.... and I get on great with them.

Personally I hate Conservatives & Liberals, can't a person have a thought in their head without it being labeled?

My question is:

Hate????? :eusa_eh:

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Liberals/Progressives pity "conservatives".

"conservatives" are an aberration of what was once considered AMERICAN; RISK-takers.....INNOVATORS....PIONEERS!!!!!

If there isn't a 100%-guarantee of PROFIT$.....WITHIN 24 HOURS...."conservatives" (aka weenies) are nowhere-to-be-found.

916.gif

Last edited:

Passion is not 'hate' either. You can't 'read their posts and gather' jack shit. I argue politics with lots of liberals.... and I get on great with them.

Recently quoted From Dr. Grump

"this is why conservative america is the laughing stock of not only the rest of america, but the rest of the world..

no, seriously, you are.

You are that out of touch with normal folk..

carry on

MORONS..."

This is just one I saw this morning on a thread about a frickin tv show....there's lots more from others...hardly sounds like "passionate"

"this is why conservative america is the laughing stock of not only the rest of america, but the rest of the world..

no, seriously, you are.

carry on

MORONS..."

This is just one I saw this morning on a thread about a frickin tv show....there's lots more from others...hardly sounds like "passionate"

Dr Grump really can't argue so he just calls those that he disagrees with morons.

no, seriously, you are.

carry on

MORONS..."

Great example. I call Grumps an idiot often. And he calls me an idiot too. But I like him. And... I figure he kinda likes me too.

I have some good 'friends' on here who are liberals. I'm a solid conservative. I don't 'hate' them for their political views.... I don't think they 'hate' me for mine.

Personally I hate Conservatives & Liberals, can't a person have a thought in their head without it being labeled?

From your username, you're a crackhead.... so for you to have a thought in your head would be impressive.

Personally I think you need to start growing the fuck up and realize that both parties are using you for their own financial gain. But hey? Maybe you work for them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back