Hatch (R-UT) against removing tax loopholes

Yes, cherry picking.

The wealthy still pay all the taxes listed in that facile-minded cartoon you posted....Moreover, all of those taxes are levied by state and local authorities, and are completely irrelevant to federal tax policy.

Hey Dot Com:

I think I remember pummeling you recently for some dam lefty thing you did. :tongue:

But in this case you are spot on..

THe Repubs need to silence Grover Norquist (a subsidy cut is a tax hike), get serious about Defense cuts and extracting us from all 4 or 5 wars (lost count), and start dismantling stuff like ethanol, Green giveaways, and subsidies in general.. Redirect portions of that to TRUE R&D and innovation. NO company should get tax breaks for stuff it already makes.

So --- if you're serious about fixing the "G.E. paid no taxes" problems bud -- you gotta realize that environmentalism was the EXCUSE for corporate/govt collusion.

And yes -- if Hatch doesn't get it.. Then feed him to the Tea Party...

:clap2:

Hey Dot Com:

I think I remember pummeling you recently for some dam lefty thing you did. :tongue:

But in this case you are spot on..

THe Repubs need to silence Grover Norquist (a subsidy cut is a tax hike), get serious about Defense cuts and extracting us from all 4 or 5 wars (lost count), and start dismantling stuff like ethanol, Green giveaways, and subsidies in general.. Redirect portions of that to TRUE R&D and innovation. NO company should get tax breaks for stuff it already makes.

So --- if you're serious about fixing the "G.E. paid no taxes" problems bud -- you gotta realize that environmentalism was the EXCUSE for corporate/govt collusion.

And yes -- if Hatch doesn't get it.. Then feed him to the Tea Party...

:clap2:

Yeah, I just gave him his due for that post :)

Yes, cherry picking.

The wealthy still pay all the taxes listed in that facile-minded cartoon you posted....Moreover, all of those taxes are levied by state and local authorities, and are completely irrelevant to federal tax policy.

The wealthy generally make their money from investing, and they only pay 18 percent on the money they make that way via the capital gains tax.

The rest of us (middle and lower class) who don't have enough money to live on capital gains pay our taxes at the rate of 28 percent.

Yes, I DO want the rich to pay their fair share.

All I'm reminding you of is that you're a sanctimonious cherry-picking twirp.

yes hymn is all of that.
I wanted you to see the pic about "50% paying no tax" WillowTree. Thats a fox news talking-point my dear ;) What say you now? :eusa_whistle: :eusa_drool:

bagley.jpg

It is funny how removiing a loop hole for big business is considered a tax- increase by the Repubs. How brazenly they protect their masters or is it that they're putting party before country to get ready for '12?

It is funny.

What's also "funny" is how my friends on the left identify a failure to increase spending on a program as a "cut"

IF we are really going to get serious about real cuts, then we need to make real cuts to ALL programs.

Not increasing a program budget for "growth & inflation" DOES NOT constitute a cut.

if we gave you $100 last year, you'll get $95 (or better yet - ZERO for many programs...). We'll call THAT a cut!

Hatch has got to go!!! :mad: I'm w/ the T-Partiers on this one :rock: ;)

You do realize that the Tea Party was formed to clean the GOP house, not primarily to torment leftists?? You should be thanking them more often for chucking overused baggage like Hatch..

In fact, where's the cleaning unit for the DEM party?? There's a few bats in the attic over on your side isn't there?

PS.. I'll waive the late fee on the rep boost --- this time... :lol:

Forum List

Back