Hasidic Jews

It seems that it is a flaw of your local authorities in the first turn that allowed some certain group of people to get in charge of something, destroyed it and went unpunished.

In the U.S, hardly anybody votes in local elections, especially in off years when there is no state and Federal Presidential elections. In a town of 20,000 or less, it's considered big if you can get more than 600 people to turn out.
It is a shame, really. It is the reason why democracy as we know it now will meet its end.

I agree with Patrick Moynihan's observation that the middle class had lost its ability to govern itself back in the 1960's. He was usually right in most of his opinions re politics. It becomes a joke when one allows just any illiterate clueless adult to vote regardless of whether or not they even know basic civics. It's probably dead, but we'll see. Leftists are usually too stupid to realize their 'revolution' bullshit far more often ends up with far right wing police states than 'Proletarian Paradises', the latter of which none exist or ever will.
Agree that universal suffrage is senseless thing basically. But who will have a right to vote and who must determine this? What criterias the voters must meet? Various societies have various criterias. If we return to the topic and take a look at Hasidic Jews, then I am almost sure they will demand this right in Jewish communities or Jewish state. Because they are the ones who know Jewish law, study it the whole life and are the strictest adherents of it. I think that isn't the best variant.
It isn't a problem concerning just the Hasidic Jewish community. An example from upstate New York is illustrative.

Pine Bush, NY is a small town an hour or two outside New York City. It has a sizable Jewish population, but is majority Christian. A community of Hasidics of the type being discussed here took root just on the outskirts of the town/school district--I can't remember the details--and immediately began doing things like buying adjacent properties to acquire funding from the school district without having to pay taxes into the system, running block voted school board members, that kind of shit.

Tensions grew, with the non-Orthodox Jews in Pine Bush being most vocal against the Yids.

Because of the heightened antagonism between the townspeople and the Hasidim, Pine Bush has begun making payments to five Jewish teenagers who successfully sued the local school district alleging the district didn't do enough to protect them from anti-Semitic bullying. When a federal judge refused to dismiss the suit, the school district agreed to pay the five students $4.25 million.

Over four million dollars for being bullied? That must have been some vicious bullying. And it must have been endemic. The school district's administration, faculty, and staff (not to mention local law enforcement) must have been willfully, grossly negligent, if not outright participatory, to warrant such a payout.

You'd think. But, that's not quite how it was in Pine Bush. The bullying in Pine Bush consisted of a girl slapping a boy and calling him a dirty Jew one time. Some kids shoved pennies in another kid's mouth. And some boys slapped one of the Jewish boys on the back of the head on the school bus.

In response, the school duly held anti-bullying assemblies and handed out suspensions.

That should have been more than enough on the school's part, and would have been under normal circumstances, but this was anti-Semitic bullying, which trumps any old-fashioned ideals like fairness.

According to court documents filed by the plaintiffs, it all started when a fifth grade class planned a field trip to the Statue of Liberty that would have returned the students to Pine Bush after sundown on a Jewish holiday. Mrs. Sherri Eccleston, the mother of a Jewish girl in the class, went to the school demanding the trip be rescheduled to accommodate her religious observances. Uh, no, said the school.

Now, if your mother comes to your school when you are in the fifth grade and raises a stink and the other fifth graders find out, there will likely be some blow back. In Pine Bush, the blow back came later that year when two boys on the school bus drew swastikas on their notebooks. The next day, Mrs. Eccleston was back at the school reporting this incident. Principle Steve Fisch didn't think it was any big deal. According to the suit, Principle Fisch's inaction caused a rash of anti-Semitic persecution consisting of 1) a boy unpleasantly calling the daughter “a Jew” while looking her directly “in the eyes”, 2) and giving the mother the finger at the bus stop, 3) about which the bus driver did nothing when the mother “reported it” to him, 4) nor did the bus company, 5) nor did the school.

Later that year, the daughter saw a swastika scratched into the slide on the playground. She told her mother, who descended on the school yet again. From the filing document:

Ms. Eccleston also told School District Superintendent Steinberg about the swastika engraved on the schoolyard slide and all of the other anti-Semitism T.E. had witnessed or endured at PBES. Neither Principal Fisch nor Superintendent Steinberg took appropriate action.In fact, the swastika remained on the slide when T.E. graduated from PBES and was still there over a year after Ms. Eccleston had reported it to Principal Fisch and Superintendent Steinberg.”

Keeping in mind this is being presented as evidence by the plaintiffs of abuse of Jews so severe as to be actionable in a court of law, you should know both former Principle Fisch and former Superintendent Steinberg are Jewish.

And so it went for years, the daughter enduring what Erin Fuchs of Business Insider called “horrific,” “shocking and awful,” “gut-wrenching” anti-Semitism including pipe cleaners twisted to suggest Hassidim, overheard Jewish jokes, overheard plans to celebrate Hitler's birthday, name-calling, and one time it took the school two weeks to remove a swastika from a desk in the music classroom.

2015-07-18-the-A-word_html_6a462733.jpg
And always there was this braying beast, Sherri Eccleston, at the center of the turmoil. She was the kind of parent you find in every school district—the kind teachers hate—making herself odious. Really, what kind of mother is out snuffling around under the playground equipment hunting for swastikas even after her daughter has graduated from the school?

If you act in a hateful manner, the rational response of those around you will be hatred. But the term “anti-Semitism” makes no allowance for disagreeable Jews, and therefore removes the option of a rational response to a horrific, shocking and awful, gut-wrenching creature like Sherri Eccleston. The result is the irrationality and sheer injustice of the court settlement to extract $2,500 from every man, woman, and child in Pine Bush for the insufficient efforts of primarily Jewish administrators (the individual cases against whom were dismissed) to prevent children from reacting predictably to the hateful actions of a hateful human who happens to be Jewish.

How can any fair-minded person believe this was a rational and just decision?

What we really have here is five Jewish students and their Jewish lawyers deploying the word “anti-Semitism” to expropriate millions of dollars from the people of a small town using the childish actions of a few children as justification. They had the active support of Jewish media power, in particular, the New York Times, whose 2013 article triggered federal and state civil rights investigations. If there were a better way to create hatred of Jews, I couldn't imagine it.

But how about the federal judge who let stand the lawsuit against the townspeople but dismissed the cases against individual administrators? Was he Jewish? “Karas” is a name found among Polish Jews, but I couldn't find anything definitive about Judge Karas on line so I called the clerk's office at the federal courthouse for the Southern District of New York and asked the woman who answered whether Judge Kenneth Karas were Jewish. There was a sharp intake of breath. “I can't give out that kind of information,” she said.

“Why not?” I asked.“He is a public figure and he recently allowed a suit alleging anti-Semitism. It is therefore very relevant whether he himself is a Jew and, as a member of the public, I want to know.” She told me I had to submit the question in writing, which I did. I never received a response.

All children experience meanness, but if you are a child with an identifiable difference, the mean children will center on that difference when it's your turn to be bullied. It is the role of adults to stop all bullying, however, and to teach children that being mean is wrong. Who? Whom? should be irrelevant.

An anti-Semitism case rests entirely on who is a Jew and who isn't. A non-Jew couldn't be a plaintiff nor a Jew a defendant in such a case. Doesn't that clearly violate the principle of equal protection under the law?
I think that there should be no charge called antisemitisn. If someone harasses, beats, offenses or does other inappropriate things, then they should be charged with these things. And there should be no difference who is harassed - a Jew or Mexican or somebody else.

Second. The teenagers got these payments using legal methods? It seems so. There may well be that the judge was a Jew and local authorities were also of Jewish origin. I don't know how things are in the US, but even in my country there is three-level judicial system - local courts, regional ones, and the Supreme Court. The upper level can reverse the decision of the lower one. If you disagree with the ruling of a local court, you can appeal to a regional court or after that to the Supreme Court. I have thoughts that this is the case in the US too. If the ruling of the local judge hasn't been reversed, then it is a flaw of your judicial system or the result of the local community's passiveness.

It seems that it is a flaw of your local authorities in the first turn that allowed some certain group of people to get in charge of something, destroyed it and went unpunished.

In the U.S, hardly anybody votes in local elections, especially in off years when there is no state and Federal Presidential elections. In a town of 20,000 or less, it's considered big if you can get more than 600 people to turn out.
It is a shame, really. It is the reason why democracy as we know it now will meet its end.

I agree with Patrick Moynihan's observation that the middle class had lost its ability to govern itself back in the 1960's. He was usually right in most of his opinions re politics. It becomes a joke when one allows just any illiterate clueless adult to vote regardless of whether or not they even know basic civics. It's probably dead, but we'll see. Leftists are usually too stupid to realize their 'revolution' bullshit far more often ends up with far right wing police states than 'Proletarian Paradises', the latter of which none exist or ever will.
Agree that universal suffrage is senseless thing basically. But who will have a right to vote and who must determine this? What criterias the voters must meet? Various societies have various criterias. If we return to the topic and take a look at Hasidic Jews, then I am almost sure they will demand this right in Jewish communities or Jewish state. Because they are the ones who know Jewish law, study it the whole life and are the strictest adherents of it. I think that isn't the best variant.

I wouldn't think literacy tests along with basic civics tests is some great horrible burden on anybody. They could even be broken up into tests for local govt., state govt., and Federal govt. If one doesn't care enough to know what the offices they're voting on candidates for actually do, why is it 'bad' to keep them away from the polls and making a joke of the votes of those who do care and practice citizenship? we even have public schools everywhere, and libraries in a lot of places, and those that care to make the efforts can be taught there as well, at night, on weekends, and during days as well. I didn't say they had to write doctoral theses on it.
Yes, your views in this regard are pretty close to mine.

It isn't a problem concerning just the Hasidic Jewish community. An example from upstate New York is illustrative.

Pine Bush, NY is a small town an hour or two outside New York City. It has a sizable Jewish population, but is majority Christian. A community of Hasidics of the type being discussed here took root just on the outskirts of the town/school district--I can't remember the details--and immediately began doing things like buying adjacent properties to acquire funding from the school district without having to pay taxes into the system, running block voted school board members, that kind of shit.

Tensions grew, with the non-Orthodox Jews in Pine Bush being most vocal against the Yids.

Because of the heightened antagonism between the townspeople and the Hasidim, Pine Bush has begun making payments to five Jewish teenagers who successfully sued the local school district alleging the district didn't do enough to protect them from anti-Semitic bullying. When a federal judge refused to dismiss the suit, the school district agreed to pay the five students $4.25 million.

Over four million dollars for being bullied? That must have been some vicious bullying. And it must have been endemic. The school district's administration, faculty, and staff (not to mention local law enforcement) must have been willfully, grossly negligent, if not outright participatory, to warrant such a payout.

You'd think. But, that's not quite how it was in Pine Bush. The bullying in Pine Bush consisted of a girl slapping a boy and calling him a dirty Jew one time. Some kids shoved pennies in another kid's mouth. And some boys slapped one of the Jewish boys on the back of the head on the school bus.

In response, the school duly held anti-bullying assemblies and handed out suspensions.

That should have been more than enough on the school's part, and would have been under normal circumstances, but this was anti-Semitic bullying, which trumps any old-fashioned ideals like fairness.

According to court documents filed by the plaintiffs, it all started when a fifth grade class planned a field trip to the Statue of Liberty that would have returned the students to Pine Bush after sundown on a Jewish holiday. Mrs. Sherri Eccleston, the mother of a Jewish girl in the class, went to the school demanding the trip be rescheduled to accommodate her religious observances. Uh, no, said the school.

Now, if your mother comes to your school when you are in the fifth grade and raises a stink and the other fifth graders find out, there will likely be some blow back. In Pine Bush, the blow back came later that year when two boys on the school bus drew swastikas on their notebooks. The next day, Mrs. Eccleston was back at the school reporting this incident. Principle Steve Fisch didn't think it was any big deal. According to the suit, Principle Fisch's inaction caused a rash of anti-Semitic persecution consisting of 1) a boy unpleasantly calling the daughter “a Jew” while looking her directly “in the eyes”, 2) and giving the mother the finger at the bus stop, 3) about which the bus driver did nothing when the mother “reported it” to him, 4) nor did the bus company, 5) nor did the school.

Later that year, the daughter saw a swastika scratched into the slide on the playground. She told her mother, who descended on the school yet again. From the filing document:

Ms. Eccleston also told School District Superintendent Steinberg about the swastika engraved on the schoolyard slide and all of the other anti-Semitism T.E. had witnessed or endured at PBES. Neither Principal Fisch nor Superintendent Steinberg took appropriate action.In fact, the swastika remained on the slide when T.E. graduated from PBES and was still there over a year after Ms. Eccleston had reported it to Principal Fisch and Superintendent Steinberg.”

Keeping in mind this is being presented as evidence by the plaintiffs of abuse of Jews so severe as to be actionable in a court of law, you should know both former Principle Fisch and former Superintendent Steinberg are Jewish.

And so it went for years, the daughter enduring what Erin Fuchs of Business Insider called “horrific,” “shocking and awful,” “gut-wrenching” anti-Semitism including pipe cleaners twisted to suggest Hassidim, overheard Jewish jokes, overheard plans to celebrate Hitler's birthday, name-calling, and one time it took the school two weeks to remove a swastika from a desk in the music classroom.

And always there was this braying beast, Sherri Eccleston, at the center of the turmoil. She was the kind of parent you find in every school district—the kind teachers hate—making herself odious. Really, what kind of mother is out snuffling around under the playground equipment hunting for swastikas even after her daughter has graduated from the school?

If you act in a hateful manner, the rational response of those around you will be hatred. But the term “anti-Semitism” makes no allowance for disagreeable Jews, and therefore removes the option of a rational response to a horrific, shocking and awful, gut-wrenching creature like Sherri Eccleston. The result is the irrationality and sheer injustice of the court settlement to extract $2,500 from every man, woman, and child in Pine Bush for the insufficient efforts of primarily Jewish administrators (the individual cases against whom were dismissed) to prevent children from reacting predictably to the hateful actions of a hateful human who happens to be Jewish.

What we really have here is five Jewish students and their Jewish lawyers deploying the word “anti-Semitism” to expropriate millions of dollars from the people of a small town using the childish actions of a few children as justification. They had the active support of Jewish media power, in particular, the New York Times, whose 2013 article triggered federal and state civil rights investigations. If there were a better way to create hatred of Jews, I couldn't imagine it.

But how about the federal judge who let stand the lawsuit against the townspeople but dismissed the cases against individual administrators? Was he Jewish? “Karas” is a name found among Polish Jews, but I couldn't find anything definitive about Judge Karas on line so I called the clerk's office at the federal courthouse for the Southern District of New York and asked the woman who answered whether Judge Kenneth Karas were Jewish. There was a sharp intake of breath. “I can't give out that kind of information,” she said.

“Why not?” I asked.“He is a public figure and he recently allowed a suit alleging anti-Semitism. It is therefore very relevant whether he himself is a Jew and, as a member of the public, I want to know.” She told me I had to submit the question in writing, which I did. I never received a response.

All children experience meanness, but if you are a child with an identifiable difference, the mean children will center on that difference when it's your turn to be bullied. It is the role of adults to stop all bullying, however, and to teach children that being mean is wrong. Who? Whom? should be irrelevant.

An anti-Semitism case rests entirely on who is a Jew and who isn't. A non-Jew couldn't be a plaintiff nor a Jew a defendant in such a case. Doesn't that clearly violate the principle of equal protection under the law?
I think that there should be no charge called antisemitisn. If someone harasses, beats, offenses or does other inappropriate things, then they should be charged with these things. And there should be no difference who is harassed - a Jew or Mexican or somebody else.

Second. The teenagers got these payments using legal methods? It seems so. There may well be that the judge was a Jew and local authorities were also of Jewish origin. I don't know how things are in the US, but even in my country there is three-level judicial system - local courts, regional ones, and the Supreme Court. The upper level can reverse the decision of the lower one. If you disagree with the ruling of a local court, you can appeal to a regional court or after that to the Supreme Court. I have thoughts that this is the case in the US too. If the ruling of the local judge hasn't been reversed, then it is a flaw of your judicial system or the result of the local community's passiveness.
What country are you from? Your English is excellent, by the way.

Our system is similar to yours, with appellate courts and a Supreme Court. We also have federal, state, county, and municipal courts. Then there are military courts, bankruptcy courts, traffic courts, drug courts, landlord/tenant courts, family courts, and, I suppose, many more. In the case mentioned, it was a federal judge in a federal court (any suit seeking more than $75,000 is federal) who ruled in favor of the Jewish students, but dismissed the suit against the local officials most responsible who also happened to be Jewish.

The judge was almost certainly Jewish. And the Jewish-owned New York Times played a key role in perpetrating this gross injustice.

And, there is the flaw in our system. It was set up by people who did not conceive of the naked perversion of nepotism on the level Jews practice it. The Founders assumed that a well educated citizenry would be able to grasp the concept of "enlightened self-interest", in which the citizen is expected to place the rule of law above tribal loyalties. I think, for the most part, only Europeans do that. Perhaps the Japanese as well. Jews have had centuries of learning exactly how to pervert, exploit, and ultimately destroy that European Christian ethos. So that is the flaw in our system. It has no defense against that. Then add to that the guilt-cudgel of the phony Holocaust, and we are helpless, as a certain kind of Jew well knows.

What country are you from? Your English is excellent, by the way.

Our system is similar to yours, with appellate courts and a Supreme Court. We also have federal, state, county, and municipal courts. Then there are military courts, bankruptcy courts, traffic courts, drug courts, landlord/tenant courts, family courts, and, I suppose, many more. In the case mentioned, it was a federal judge in a federal court (any suit seeking more than $75,000 is federal) who ruled in favor of the Jewish students, but dismissed the suit against the local officials most responsible who also happened to be Jewish.

The judge was almost certainly Jewish. And the Jewish-owned New York Times played a key role in perpetrating this gross injustice.

And, there is the flaw in our system. It was set up by people who did not conceive of the naked perversion of nepotism on the level Jews practice it. The Founders assumed that a well educated citizenry would be able to grasp the concept of "enlightened self-interest", in which the citizen is expected to place the rule of law above tribal loyalties. I think, for the most part, only Europeans do that. Perhaps the Japanese as well. Jews have had centuries of learning exactly how to pervert, exploit, and ultimately destroy that European Christian ethos. So that is the flaw in our system. It has no defense against that. Then add to that the guilt-cudgel of the phony Holocaust, and we are helpless, as a certain kind of Jew well knows.
Ukraine.

What I can say about Jews. You may be right that they are trying to exploit some principles of the Western society. But at the same time I won't be sincere if I say that I condemn them fully for that. Almost through all the history of the West they were persecuted or discriminated. So, it isn't of a big surprise that they don't feel great compassion for it. And, I feel some respect for their persistence in preserving their identity despite centuries of persecutions and statelessness.

And I highly doubt that any other ethnic group having such influence and money wouldn't use this power for their goals.

Forum List

Back