Hasbara fail

Beelzebub

VIP Member
May 6, 2014
A Jewish student posting virulently anti-Semitic comments at various internet forums, allegedly ā€œto gauge how pervasive anti-Semitismā€ is online, has been busted by the progressive website Common Dreams (CD).

Investigative journalist Lance Tapley leaves few stones unturned in his report ā€œThe Double Identity of an ā€˜Anti-Semiticā€™ Commenterā€ exceptthe identity of the culprit. ā€œLetā€™s call the student Jason Beckā€, Tapley says, protecting the perpetrator.

Beck, a Harvard graduate now a grad student at a midwestern university, created literally dozens of online personas to support his true objective: poisoning online discourse critical of Israel. So if evidence of anti-Semitism wasnā€™t there, heā€™d create it himself.

Common Dreams website traps Hasbara troll spewing anti-Semitism

The Double Identity of an Anti-Semitic Commenter Common Dreams Breaking News Views for the Progressive Community

Ah well. I suppose when Israel spends so much of its time trying to cover up and spin reality these things are bound to happen.

Another day in the life of a 'lone' soldier.

"Ah well. I suppose when Israel spends so much of its time trying to cover up and spin reality these things are bound to happen"

This is another example of a pro 'Palestinian' blaming Israel for exactly what the 'Palestinians' are guilty of. Ever hear of the oh so famous Pallywood?

There are a lot of posters here who are full of shit. But you Beezle are dull of more shit than anyone here, and I really, truly mean that.

OMG! A Zionist POSTED WORDS!
Oh, the horror!
The next thing you know the Zions will copy the Muslims and wear their children as protective gear!

"Ah well. I suppose when Israel spends so much of its time trying to cover up and spin reality these things are bound to happen"

This is another example of a pro 'Palestinian' blaming Israel for exactly what the 'Palestinians' are guilty of. Ever hear of the oh so famous Pallywood?

There are a lot of posters here who are full of shit. But you Beezle are dull of more shit than anyone here, and I really, truly mean that.

Pallywood itself is a Hasbara invention. And, it is you Israeli Firsters that are "full of shit", as you say. Not anything posted by you people is fact. All you post is propaganda.

Pallywood itself is a Hasbara invention. And, it is you Israeli Firsters that are "full of shit", as you say. Not anything posted by you people is fact. All you post is propaganda.
The horror!

No, Pallywood is what. Palestinians use in order to promote their bullshit agenda.
And pleassssse Monti, you guys are the fuckin kings of lying. Never have I seen so much distortion of history until I started posting here. You guys are living on a different planet!

No, Pallywood is what. Palestinians use in order to promote their bullshit agenda.
And pleassssse Monti, you guys are the fuckin kings of lying. Never have I seen so much distortion of history until I started posting here. You guys are living on a different planet!

No, it is you murderous bunch of Israeli Firsters that are celebrating the murder of non-Jewish children. There is no distortion of history, it is just fact. A bunch of Europeans invaded Palestine, evicted a large part of the local population and are now trying to get the remaining indigenous people to submit to their rule thorugh terror.. That's the fact.

"Like many other news websites, Common Dreams has been plagued by inflammatory anti-Semitic comments following its stories. But on Common Dreams these posts have been so frequent and intense they have driven away donors from a nonprofit dependent on reader generosity"

from article. Very underhanded behavior. I'm glad he got caught.

A Jewish student posting virulently anti-Semitic comments at various internet forums, allegedly ā€œto gauge how pervasive anti-Semitismā€ is online, has been busted by the progressive website Common Dreams (CD)
Moronic website, indeed.

Toast is taking an interesting line.

Trying to distract from the utterly massively twisted and devious distortion and deception once again perpetrated by his side. And he does it with nothing but well worn clichƩs

Best ignored really. Anyone interested in reality will see though such flim flam.

Toast is taking an interesting line. Trying to distract from the utterly massively twisted and devious distortion and deception once again perpetrated by his side. And he does it with nothing but well worn clichƩs
Damn. Mondoweiss's a moronic site.

huh? You going to address the OP or not?

Reminds me of the girl at GWU busted for spray painting a swastika on her own door.

Freshman who reported swastikas drew them as well - The GW Hatchet

You going to address the OP or not?

I will. Interesting info in the article, not sure why Bub had to link it thrice, doesn't seem to magnify the importance. However while reading the article, my interest was piqued as it does seem like the same thing that goes on here.

It would be interesting to see if the admins here would (I know they could) scan the IP's of the different posters here to lay to rest whether something like that could be happening here. From both sides.

After all, if all of us who post here that are pro-Israel are now going to be considered part of "Hasbara" I would like to know. And I would like to know what to call the Pro-Palestine factions version of it as well.

IMHO, Hasbara is a response to counter the internet blitz of the terrorists (maybe that's too strong a word) or youtube videos, etc. . . .

If you are trying to hide, your message can be bounced around the world.
Most people can be located by a computer novice with a quick IP search.
Too many people are careless with their personal information when online.

Well I can't imagine someone doing that but someone said that Daniel (sp) said he was part of it. Now I don't know if its true or not, but I do think probably there are lots of spies monitoring the internet forums and face book, etc.

I also read in an Israel paper they were starting training classes to edit Wiki articles a while back.

I also read in an Israel paper they were starting training classes to edit Wiki articles a while back.

Do you have a link to what you read?

This is not the exact one, I read one long ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/aug/18/wikipedia-editing-zionist-groups

Now two Israeli groups seeking to gain the upper hand in the online debate have launched a course in "Zionist editing" for Wikipedia, the online reference site.
Yesha Council, representing the Jewish settler movement, and the rightwing Israel Sheli (My I srael) movement, ran their first workshop this week in Jerusalem, teaching participants how to rewrite and revise some of the most hotly disputed pages of the online reference site.
"We don't want to change Wikipedia or turn it into a propaganda arm," says Naftali Bennett, director of the Yesha Council. "We just want to show the other side. People think that Israelis are mean, evil people who only want to hurt Arabs all day."

Wikipedia is one of the world's most popular websites, and its 16m entries are open for anyone to edit, rewrite or even erase. The problem, according to Ayelet Shaked of Israel Sheli, is that online, pro-Israeli activists are vastly outnumbered by pro-Palestinian voices. "We don't want to give this arena to the other side," she said. "But we are so few and they are so many. People in the US and Europe never hear about Israel's side, with all the correct arguments and explanations."

(I have noticed stuff in some articles, I've read things and now they are not there, and I sometimes think when I really want something I should print it out, things seem to disappear)

You note "they said they want to show the other side", Excuse me Wiki is suppose to be an encyclopedia, not an opinion place. One whole article had one footnote from one Israel book, it was like a book report.

Maybe I should take the free online course. I just love it when I'm reading a Wiki article and it says "citation needed"
unreal. Gives one a lot of confidence in what they are reading.

For a Harvard grad -- this guy is a big doofus.. Serves no purpose to impersonate "anti-semites".. they are thick as fleas, provide nothing substantial to the convos, and not worth a nickel.. Not even for Hasbara value.. Makes ZERO sense to me..

Complete waste of time. And a thread..

Forum List

Back