Has Trickle Down Economics Failed?

Has Trickle Down Failed

• Yes

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
The problem with trickle down economics is that we have not given rich people enough money

If we continue to give rich people money, sooner or later they will spend some of it
I am not a trickle downer, but I have to refute your language. Nobody is advocating giving the rich anything. This implies we are taking money from the poor or someone else to give to the rich. I have never heard a single trickle downer advocate that.

What they advocate is simply not taking away as much money from the rich. In other words, taking less of the rich's own money, not giving them more of someone else's money.

C'mon man... who are the "wealthy", the "job creators" dependent upon to buy their wares? We(as working and Middle Class Americans) are their biggest customers... we do give them money... we buy their stuff at a very nice profit for them.
We give them money...and they give us stuff. It is called an exchange, and that is how markets work. The good we bought is ours, the money we gave them in exchange is theirs. Period.

Nothing wrong with that right?.... right. Except.... if they aren't willing to invest back into their own suppliers of their wealth... it ain't gonna work. Stop thinking that Capitalism is linear... that the "job Creators" are the only one that matters, and it all begins and ends with them. It is very much a circular system where both the Job creators and the job doers are intertwined. You make it, we'll buy it(if we have the money). If there's a break in the circle... like say... outsourcing, layoffs, etc.... then we can't keep that circle working. Hey.... we'd love to... but if the "Job Creators" aren't willing to pay, we don't have the money to do it. If the "job creators" want to maximize their income by hiring slave labor... we can't do it.
I don't recall ever thinking anything of the sort. Instead of trying to read my mind, read my words.

Last edited:
I am not a trickle downer, but I have to refute your language. Nobody is advocating giving the rich anything. This implies we are taking money from the poor or someone else to give to the rich. I have never heard a single trickle downer advocate that.

What they advocate is simply not taking away as much money from the rich. In other words, taking less of the rich's own money, not giving them more of someone else's money.

C'mon man... who are the "wealthy", the "job creators" dependent upon to buy their wares? We(as working and Middle Class Americans) are their biggest customers... we do give them money... we buy their stuff at a very nice profit for them.
We give them money...and they give us stuff. It is called an exchange, and that is how markets work. The good we bought is ours, the money we gave them in exchange is theirs. Period.

Nothing wrong with that right?.... right. Except.... if they aren't willing to invest back into their own suppliers of their wealth... it ain't gonna work. Stop thinking that Capitalism is linear... that the "job Creators" are the only one that matters, and it all begins and ends with them. It is very much a circular system where both the Job creators and the job doers are intertwined. You make it, we'll buy it(if we have the money). If there's a break in the circle... like say... outsourcing, layoffs, etc.... then we can't keep that circle working. Hey.... we'd love to... but if the "Job Creators" aren't willing to pay, we don't have the money to do it. If the "job creators" want to maximize their income by hiring slave labor... we can't do it.
I don't recall ever thinking anything of the sort. Instead of trying to read my mind, read my words.

That is exactly what you are doing when you kneecap labor.

Forum List

Back