Has Trickle Down Economics Failed?

Has Trickle Down Failed

• Yes

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
Yes trickle down can work, But the U.S. Goverment regulators and the unions controlled by the democrats, or maybe I should say the democrats that control the unions get in the way. Taxes on businesses are just another expense that must be passed on to the consumer at the end of the line. to avoid these taxes via regulation, which is what is killing job creation, business goes overseas, and what you get is a Bass Pro shop catalog thats says INPORTED under every item. Greed is good, it's what makes people build more factories, open more restaurants, and businesses in general!
Dusty the Dog

No.

Reagan's so-called "trickle down" economic model called for cuts in gubmint spending and shrinking the bureaucracy, along with vastly lower tax rates.

You cannot call anything that hasn't even been tried a failure.

However, we do have plenty of evidence to show that Barry Obolshevik's "trickled on" economic program is a massive failure.

Here is the synopsis of Trickle Down Economics... No where in this entire submission does it say anything about smaller government... that is the realm of your NEO Conservative agenda... not Trickle Down.

Trickle-down economics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't often use wiki, but in this case... it gives an accurate description and both viewpoints(pro and con), so I used it.
Right off the bat:

"Trickle-down economics" and "the trickle-down theory" are pejorative terms...

Little wonder that whomsoever has done the explanation of the Reagan model would leave out the federal spending side of the equation.

Then again, those who wish to deem such things failures, when they weren't even tried in full measure, usually like to cherry pick their "facts".

Ok... give me a credible link dealing with ONLY supply side economics that you approve of. I've looked at other ones that I could find(that didn't start with "has trickle down failed...the same question I asked) and NONE of them mentioned shrinking the government. It was all about tax cuts to the rich and them using that boon to trickle it down to the working class. It had nothing to do with the size of government. That's the Neo-con movement you love so much called the Tea Party.

Damn right it did!

Even Bush I knew that it was just voodoo economics.

Only a buffoon would continue to claim it worked.

Yes trickle down can work, But the U.S. Goverment regulators and the unions controlled by the democrats, or maybe I should say the democrats that control the unions get in the way. Taxes on businesses are just another expense that must be passed on to the consumer at the end of the line. to avoid these taxes via regulation, which is what is killing job creation, business goes overseas, and what you get is a Bass Pro shop catalog thats says INPORTED under every item. Greed is good, it's what makes people build more factories, open more restaurants, and businesses in general!
Dusty the Dog

Yawn...what a bunch of crap. Look around you sunshine. what is killing job creation is outsourcing and demanding employees do more(work longer hours, add job assignments and generally pick up the slack of laid off employees) for the same amount of money(and sometimes less).

Greed is Good? OK... I realize I'm talking to a money worshiper that probably calls himself a Christian.

No.

Reagan's so-called "trickle down" economic model called for cuts in gubmint spending and shrinking the bureaucracy, along with vastly lower tax rates.

You cannot call anything that hasn't even been tried a failure.

However, we do have plenty of evidence to show that Barry Obolshevik's "trickled on" economic program is a massive failure.

No i think his program is a huge success.

trickle up poverty.

Of course it has failed. For the last 30 years worker productivity has increased, but the gains went to the very top. In essence, workers were producing more, but not getting compensated for their extra productivity.

Therefore, nothing has trickled down. It has only trickled up. Median income prices have changed relatively little since the early 1960's.

Last edited:
Recent economic failures have more to do with poor leadership and governance than the economic theory that was in play. The recent recession was not due to "trickle down" economics, but instead an unhealthy disregard for market principles and common sense. IMHO, both parties have utterly failed to meet their responsibilities to govern in an effective and unbiased manner.

No... at the time, I believed in it. I voted for Reagan in his second term(my first election as an adult), and in the very beginning... when everyone was playing along... it did work.
You've got an overactive-imagination (more-commonly-referred-to as a Teabagger History Major. )

handjob.gif

Dusty the Dog

Yawn...what a bunch of crap. Look around you sunshine. what is killing job creation is outsourcing and demanding employees do more(work longer hours, add job assignments and generally pick up the slack of laid off employees) for the same amount of money(and sometimes less).

Greed is Good? OK... I realize I'm talking to a money worshiper that probably calls himself a Christian.

I must be talking to an idiot that thinks they're smart. Leave the Christians out of it, I haven't been to Church in years. The first folks who came to this continent were greedy. They used that greed to build a country, they wanted more than what they had, people always want more. I don't worship money, I've always worked paycheck to paycheck. You sound like a UnionMember with a severe case of OBAMANOSIS! Wake up and GET THE CURE.
Dusty the Dog
P. S. Thank God all Dogs Go To Heaven

The Demotards would have taken away all of Elon Musk Pay-Pal profits.

The greedy asshole Elon Musk took those nasty Pay-Pal profits & created Space-X to replace the NASA boondoggle & allow citizens to go to space & travel to other planets, Tesla Motors to get us off of foreign oil, & SolarCity.

53.33% of you people think trickle down has worked??

Even thought there is zero evidence supporting it?

Wow!

Zero evidence? Have you looked at the rise in GDP and jobs created over the past 30 years? If it wasn't for extremely poor leadership and governance from the idiots in Washington we'd still be going strong. It wasn't Reaganomics that caused the recession, it was dumbass politicians.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
"Trickle down" was simply a cleverly deceptive verbal subterfuge intended to divert attention from the real objective of Reaganomics, which is to siphon up the wealth held by middle (working) class Americans into the hands of an emerging neo-aristocracy known colloquially today as the super rich -- the new breed of Robber Barons. It was very basic political slight-of-hand effected by one of the most lubriciously phony sonsabitches to ever inhabit the Oval Office. Ronald Reagan, the puppet from General Electric.

Reagan's so-called "trickle down" economic model called for cuts in gubmint spending (except for the Military Industrial Complex) and shrinking the bureaucracy, along with vastly lower tax rates and quietly putting the Nation on a credit card.

[...]

Last edited:
No... at the time, I believed in it. I voted for Reagan in his second term(my first election as an adult), and in the very beginning... when everyone was playing along... it did work.
You've got an overactive-imagination (more-commonly-referred-to as a Teabagger History Major. )

handjob.gif

Now wait a second shaman... In the beginning... there was the word... no, just kidding.

When Reagan was in power... he got just about everyone to buy into Supply Side. Even big business. We had growth and a modicum of prosperity. Of course, the end of the oil embargo helped too.. but that's another discussion. It was a decent idea... just too naive to work long term.. especially if there are no protections to make sure that the big boys actually "trickle down".

The thing is, over the years, Reagan's version of Supply Side has gotten distorted and bastardized into a money grab at the top and very little trickling down. Instead of the top trickling down, they are downsizing and making the people left working to pick up the slack, or they outsource for dirt cheap labor. They also lobby FOR regulations that end up hurting weaker competition and helping their profit margins. They spread like a virus, ever expanding their empires to make them virtually unfazed by competition and because of their diversity, can undercut or buyout anyone who dares challenge them.

US labor has been marginalized and turned into virtual peons, when at one time they were a valuable resource.

No... I am certainly not of the Tea Party philosophy. I am pro-labor, pro-American. The funny thing is that those two "pros" are now exclusive of one another, according to some on the right. If you're pro-labor, you're now branded as anti-American.

The bottom line is that when labor(which comprises the vast majority of our population) is not taken care of...then the whole Capitalist system slowly crumbles in on itself. Capitalism is Consumerism. Consumerism needs money to consume. The worst thing one can do is cut off the hands of those that feed you. Yes... those at the top are wealthy and powerful, but their numbers are few. Those at the "labor" level... say, 80% of the population, don't have much power... but they are what drives the economy by purchasing those products and services. I can't understand how kneecapping labor is considered a sound business model.

I know, conservatives will point to Unions... but they are all but extinct these days... most unionization occurs in the Public Sector, not the private...so blaming them for all of this is at the very least, uninformed.

But if you want to tell me I am a "teabagger", so be it... but I think you know better.

Dusty the Dog

I must be talking to an idiot that thinks they're smart. Leave the Christians out of it, I haven't been to Church in years. The first folks who came to this continent were greedy. They used that greed to build a country, they wanted more than what they had, people always want more. I don't worship money, I've always worked paycheck to paycheck. You sound like a UnionMember with a severe case of OBAMANOSIS! Wake up and GET THE CURE.
Dusty the Dog
P. S. Thank God all Dogs Go To Heaven

Ok... I apologize for the blanket assumption that you were a Christian(it seems to be a prerequisite to be a Conservative these days). Not that there's anything wrong with being a Christian. I am one myself. I just do my best to not judge others..sometimes I fail(obviously).

I sound like a Union Member? Ummm....what does that have to do with anything? What skin is it off your nose if someone wants to get paid well and have benefits? Oh, I see... maybe you think that because others don't have that fortune, no one should. Well, if that's the case I don't know what to say to you. Perhaps instead you should wonder why most workers Aren't paid all that well and have to pay $12k/year to keep their families insured.

Perhaps you should wonder why it's OK for the people at the top to be "greedy", but it's not OK for working class people to be treated fairly(and no, just being employed is not the equivalent of "fair").

Furthermore, perhaps you should wonder about those pesky entitlements. How one side says Social Security is broke, but the other side says there's 2.6T dollars in the coffers(In treasury notes, but it's there). If treasury Notes are good enough for the rest of the world, why isn't it good enough for us? I mean, don't get me wrong... I'm pissed that they robbed the fund and replaced it with T-bills too... but hey... what can ya do?

You see, I don't trust the banking industry. I don't want them to have access to a program that I've been paying into since I was 14(I am now 46). I think the only reason that there are calls for privatization is so the Banking and investment industry can make a profit off of it, gamble with it, and potentially lose it. Not to mention that if they do lose it...they'd get another bailout and we'd be fucked...just like most of those people that got foreclosed on with the last Banking debacle.

Lastly... people came to this country for many reasons. Some of which were economic. But many of them were religious folk who wanted to worship God the way they believed he should be worshiped.

The Demotards would have taken away all of Elon Musk Pay-Pal profits.

The greedy asshole Elon Musk took those nasty Pay-Pal profits & created Space-X to replace the NASA boondoggle & allow citizens to go to space & travel to other planets, Tesla Motors to get us off of foreign oil, & SolarCity.

:clap2: The liberal talking point pussies can't handle the truth. :clap2:

We sat around for years with our eyes closed and allowed congress and the presidents to put a program in place to enrich themselves and they friends. Believe me if Obama really has 1 billion in campaign money he didn't get it in any of the communities he organized. He got it from some really rich democrats and wall street typed who stand to gain from the program. We stand to lose. Replace everybody.

Forum List

Back