Has this happened in your area?? Awesome!

Caroljo

Gold Member
Jun 2, 2009
Michigan
Yesterday, someone went to Walmart in Grand Rapids, Mi, and paid off $500 worth of layaways for people they didn't even know. AND bought a bunch of toys to donate.

Today, someone went to Walmart in Grand Rapids, and paid off about $2000 worth of layaways for people they didn't even know.

There are still some good people out there! Has anyone else heard of this happening where you live?

More secret Santas pay off layaways | WOOD TV8

I just realized the article also mentions K-Mart....and i just heard on the WoodTV news that someone in the town i live in has donated $5000 to our K-Mart store to pay off lay aways! Wow! Why didn't i lay away stuff???? Lol!

Quite philanthropic. :thup:
'Tis the season.

Not heard of that happening around here.

Last night, I did see a story on the local news about an older couple whose house burnt down and they were staying at the Super 8 Motel. They had the room paid up to this weekend and that was it. The lady is on a medical pump with a terminal ailment.

I called the hotel and put an extra night's stay on my credit card.
Every little bit helps.

'Tis the season.

Last night, I did see a story on the local news about an older couple whose house burnt down and they were staying at the Super 8 Motel. They had the room paid up to this weekend and that was it. The lady is on a medical pump with a terminal ailment.

Every little bit helps.

That was such a good thing to do...that one day could make a big difference for them! I wish i had the money to do these things. Maybe someday :)

Interesting.

Is this something new or has it been done before the wealth disparity issue arose?

I have no idea....but i would appreciate it if you could keep this thread going as a "good" thing and talk about the subject. That there are still many good people out there......

No. I haven't heard of anything like that happening but someone went over to my neighbors farm next door and broke into his feed shed and gave his chickens enough food to last them for 3 days. I guess that was a random act of kindness, well, sort of...

No. I haven't heard of anything like that happening but someone went over to my neighbors farm next door and broke into his feed shed and gave his chickens enough food to last them for 3 days. I guess that was a random act of kindness, well, sort of...

Well what he did was help that neighbor out alot....that's 3 days of food for his Chichens that he didn't have to buy. Anything that helps someone else out at all is a huge act of kindness. So many people see it as it needs to be MONEY, but if someone dropped off a weeks worth of groceries on my door, it's just as big of a blessing!

Well what he did was help that neighbor out alot....that's 3 days of food for his Chichens that he didn't have to buy. Anything that helps someone else out at all is a huge act of kindness. So many people see it as it needs to be MONEY, but if someone dropped off a weeks worth of groceries on my door, it's just as big of a blessing!

No. You don't understand. They didn't leave any feed for his chickens. They just gave his chickens about 3 days worth of feed that was already in the feed shed. They will probably lay eggs as big as tennis balls tomorrow.:lol:

'Tis the season.

Every little bit helps.

That was such a good thing to do...that one day could make a big difference for them! I wish i had the money to do these things. Maybe someday :)

I dont have the money to do anything large like that either but even doing the small things helps. Dumping your pocket change in the bell ringers bucket, giving a can or two to food banks,giving blood,it all helps.

When I was a kid growing up in Brooklyn there was a man who went around asking people to help him in various ways. But this "needy" individual was actually wealthy and those who demonstrated genuine kindness were rewarded with cash or expensive things like cars, settled debts, etc. One woman who had taken him to a diner and bought him a meal was given a $50,000 house (equal to today's $250,000).

That mystery benefactor's identity was never revealed but his actions inspired a 1960s television program called, The Millionaire.

No. You don't understand. They didn't leave any feed for his chickens. They just gave his chickens about 3 days worth of feed that was already in the feed shed. They will probably lay eggs as big as tennis balls tomorrow.:lol:
In other words you're telling us about a compulsive chicken feeder, which is a very rare condition.

In other words you're telling us about a compulsive chicken feeder, which is a very rare condition.

Lol!!!! :clap2:

Yup...i read it wrong! Lol!

Considering chicken coops are not the best smelling things in the world, I agree, he would have to be either a compulsive chicken feeder or someone who's fattening those birds up for Christmas Dinner complete with double yolk eggs to make a cake for dessert. If I was your neighbor I'd lock the coop from now on.

I love that these things happen and it happens every day of the year by people who may give larger or smaller amounts. Great for them!

Interesting.

Is this something new or has it been done before the wealth disparity issue arose?

:eusa_eh:

Wealth disparity issue?

Are you implying the disparity between the poor and the wealthy is a new thing?

Or are you pretending that people in "olden times" never did anything for their fellow man?

Interesting.

Wealth disparity issue?

Or are you pretending that people in "olden times" never did anything for their fellow man?
I was born during the emergence of the American Middle Class and recovery from the Great Depression. Never since that time has there been the level of wealth disparity in America as exists today. And never since that time has there been such widespread and broadly expressed consciousness of it.

So I'm wondering if the anonymous lay-away contributions are a perennial thing or if it might be responsive to the publicity given to increasing awareness of wealth disparity.

Interesting.

Wealth disparity issue?

I was born during the emergence of the American Middle Class and recovery from the Great Depression. Never since that time has there been the level of wealth disparity in America as exists today. And never since that time has there been such widespread and broadly expressed consciousness of it.

So I'm wondering if the anonymous lay-away contributions are a perennial thing or if it might be responsive to the publicity given to increasing awareness of wealth disparity.

I've never heard of this going on anywhere else...it probably has tho. And maybe some of the wealthy are actually very good people that want to help others. I think it's a wonderful thing that these people have started something like this, and i hope it continues!

Interesting.

Wealth disparity issue?

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in my life. That period was when people were making MILLIONS and BILLIONS in the drug and technology industries, as well as the period of time when developers with essentially nothing started wallowing in dough.

So please support that idiotic statement, or accept the fact that your class warfare shit is just that, class warfare, and has nothing to do with FACT and everything to do with your own laziness and envy of those who have been able to make it.

Forum List

Back