Has There Been A Better History Teacher Than Eugen Weber? I Don't Think So!

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
All you big talking history know it alls need to take a dirty sock and stuff it in your ignorant pie holes.

If you haven't seen "The Western Tradition" narrated by UCLA Professor Eugen Weber start to finish you don't know squat.

Here is the one on "The French Revolution"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1QCxHceBro]The Western Tradition 40 The French Revolution - YouTube[/ame]

It'll take you a few weeks to view all of the series but you will emerge on the other end educated in the history of western civilization.

Yeah, probably. I guess it depends on the criteria for judging them.

I knew in the first 10 seconds it was going to be boring, I was right. The best history teachers take you into history and make you understand that it affected people. This idiot reminded me why I hated history in school.

I knew in the first 10 seconds it was going to be boring, I was right. The best history teachers take you into history and make you understand that it affected people. This idiot reminded me why I hated history in school.

Calling him an "idiot" is more telling about you than him. Maybe he isn't your cup of tea but he certainly is not stupid.

I've watched all of the videos at least twice over and I find his style entertaining as well as educational....certainly more entertaining than reading some stale books.

Maybe I just like the subject matter better than some of you.

Calling him an "idiot" is more telling about you than him. Maybe he isn't your cup of tea but he certainly is not stupid.

I've watched all of the videos at least twice over and I find his style entertaining as well as educational....certainly more entertaining than reading some stale books.

I suggest you read Alexander Dumas, you will learn more about the French Revolution, and enjoy it a lot more, than you would listening to this idiot. By the way, calling him an idiot is not a reflection on his intelligence, it is a comment on the fact that he can take one of the most interesting periods in history and make it really boring.

I suggest you read Alexander Dumas, you will learn more about the French Revolution, and enjoy it a lot more, than you would listening to this idiot. By the way, calling him an idiot is not a reflection on his intelligence, it is a comment on the fact that he can take one of the most interesting periods in history and make it really boring.

FUCK!!!! Jeebus H Christ!! FINE!!! Don't watch the series! I don't have the time to read. I have to multitask because there is something going on just about every waking minute that requires at least SOME of my attention. Being able to at least listen to my history lessons is doable because I can walk away from the headphones or put it on speaker while I'm sorting out these other distractions. I mean just today the dogs have been alerted to a dozen intrusions... I've had to ward of a couple dozen junkies, johns and whores and pimps and drug dealers just by my presence on the deck. This happens every day and night all day and night. Plus I have to attend to the needs of my mutts and have repairs and maitenance to attend to on property and vehicles.

I don't find Weber boring at all. I feel like I'm sitting in the front row of a lecture minus the cute blonde with the big bazoomas sitting next to me taking my mind off the subject matter.

Last edited:

FUCK!!!! Jeebus H Christ!! FINE!!! Don't watch the series! I don't have the time to read. I have to multitask because there is something going on just about every waking minute that requires at least SOME of my attention. Being able to at least listen to my history lessons is doable because I can walk away from the headphones or put it on speaker while I'm sorting out these other distractions. I mean just today the dogs have been alerted to a dozen intrusions... I've had to ward of a couple dozen junkies, johns and whores and pimps and drug dealers just by my presence on the deck. This happens every day and night all day and night. Plus I have to attend to the needs of my mutts and have repairs and maitenance to attend to on property and vehicles.

I don't find Weber boring at all. I feel like I'm sitting in the front row of a lecture minus the cute blonde with the big bazoomas sitting next to me taking my mind off the subject matter.

If you don't have time to read you don't have time to learn.

Forum List

Back