Has the TSA ever prevented an attack?

As I said earlier, I seriously doubt a shoot-out in the skies with passengers blazing away would end well. And I say that as someone with a concealed carry permit and as a marksman.

The screening process halted hijackings in their tracks.

Libertarians are not opposed to a screening process.

How many planes would have been hijacked if every other passenger on that plane had a gun?

The reality is that planes were being hijacked every 14 days, on average, when everyone was allowed to carry.

So that obviously wasn't working out.

Unless you want to visit Cuba for the price of a ticket to Boston from New York. :lol:

Was everyone allowed to carry guns on the plane, or was it just easier to smuggle guns onto planes? The truth is that it's not the libertarian position to simply allow everyone to carry guns onto planes. The libertarian position is that it should be up to private airlines to decide what they allow onto their planes, and what kind of security they have. I think a reasonable form of security would be to have armed guards on flights, but I'm not opposed to allowing passengers to carry either. It's just that it should be up to the airlines themselves.

Very true, because an airliner crashing certainly doesn't affect anyone but the owner of the plane and those who chose to get on it.

:cuckoo:

The reality is that planes were being hijacked every 14 days, on average, when everyone was allowed to carry.

So that obviously wasn't working out.

Unless you want to visit Cuba for the price of a ticket to Boston from New York. :lol:

Was everyone allowed to carry guns on the plane, or was it just easier to smuggle guns onto planes? The truth is that it's not the libertarian position to simply allow everyone to carry guns onto planes. The libertarian position is that it should be up to private airlines to decide what they allow onto their planes, and what kind of security they have. I think a reasonable form of security would be to have armed guards on flights, but I'm not opposed to allowing passengers to carry either. It's just that it should be up to the airlines themselves.

Very true, because an airliner crashing certainly doesn't affect anyone but the owner of the plane and those who chose to get on it.

Same thing with a car, same with a boat, same with a bicycle.

Yep, which is why we for instance don't allow idiots to drink and drive or speed.

See two posts back. 1968 to 1972.

Of course you're being disingenuous - as is the way of leftists.

Worldwide,
the U.S. Department of Transportation placed the total number of hijackings from 1968 through 1972 at 364.

The vast majority of these hijackings occurred outside of America. Most were in the middle east, particularly Israel and Lebanon.

Yep, which is why we for instance don't allow idiots to drink and drive or speed.

The point being that any mode of transportation can have a negative effect on those who are not involved with that vehicle. Yet we don't require TSA agents to inspect us before we drive our cars.

As I said earlier, I seriously doubt a shoot-out in the skies with passengers blazing away would end well. And I say that as someone with a concealed carry permit and as a marksman.

The screening process halted hijackings in their tracks.

Libertarians are not opposed to a screening process.

Libertarian is code word for stupid anarchist.

This post is code for "I have no idea what I'm talking about."

Forum List

Back