Has The Republican Party Been Getting Dicked For Decades Now?

The point is: when will the GOP realize that the Cheney advice and mandates they are being ordered to follow is the death of their party?

Any published evidence of Cheney giving bad advice/bad orders?
Or is it just Cheney supporting the nominee after the fact?
Or is it just your wacky theory?

Yes.
May 7, 2016...Former Vice President Dick Cheney will support Donald Trump, he told CNN Friday, an important move as the presumptive Republican nominee is encountering intense resistance from senior members of his own party....The announcement makes Cheney one of the few Republican Party elders to announce their support of Trump and comes a day after House Speaker Paul Ryan told CNN he is "just not ready" to back Trump....Former President George W. Bush, who Cheney served, said this week he would skip this summer's Republican convention where Trump will be formally nominated. Former President George H.W. Bush and John McCain and Mitt Romney, the GOP's 2008 and 2012 nominees, also don't plan to attend the convention.....Sen. Lindsey Graham, meanwhile, said Friday he would sit this election out because he can't bring himself to vote for either Trump or Hillary Clinton......Graham said he was a "little bit" surprised when informed by CNN's Dana Bash that Cheney was supporting Trump. Cheney says he will support Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Trump sealed the nomination. All opposition to that was squelched at the convention. Cheney gets his way...again.... I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Here's a picture of Mr. Cheney entering a secret GOP meeting at the Capitol Building just a few months before Benghazi happened in 2012. Remember, Benghazi was supposed to be the battle cry that would defeat Hillary in 2012 (& 2016) no matter who was running on the GOP ticket. It's been watered down by overuse since then....after Romney lost anyway... Let's see ermm..uh...oh, right, Benghazi on 9-11, 2012. It think the picture below was taken in May or June that same year.

Cheney, Capitol Building, secret GOP meeting, 2012. Mr. Cheney no longer held Office at that time, don't forget. Maybe he was just there cooking hot dogs for the rest of them while they talked among themselves?

DickCheneySenateDemocratsRepublicansHoldh6sLkQtvaB4l.jpg

Last edited:
The point is: when will the GOP realize that the Cheney advice and mandates they are being ordered to follow is the death of their party?

Any published evidence of Cheney giving bad advice/bad orders?
Or is it just Cheney supporting the nominee after the fact?
Or is it just your wacky theory?

Yes.
May 7, 2016...Former Vice President Dick Cheney will support Donald Trump, he told CNN Friday, an important move as the presumptive Republican nominee is encountering intense resistance from senior members of his own party....The announcement makes Cheney one of the few Republican Party elders to announce their support of Trump and comes a day after House Speaker Paul Ryan told CNN he is "just not ready" to back Trump....Former President George W. Bush, who Cheney served, said this week he would skip this summer's Republican convention where Trump will be formally nominated. Former President George H.W. Bush and John McCain and Mitt Romney, the GOP's 2008 and 2012 nominees, also don't plan to attend the convention.....Sen. Lindsey Graham, meanwhile, said Friday he would sit this election out because he can't bring himself to vote for either Trump or Hillary Clinton......Graham said he was a "little bit" surprised when informed by CNN's Dana Bash that Cheney was supporting Trump. Cheney says he will support Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Trump sealed the nomination. All opposition to that was squelched at the convention. Cheney gets his way...again.... I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Here's a picture of Mr. Cheney entering a secret GOP meeting at the Capitol Building just a few months before Benghazi happened in 2012. Remember, Benghazi was supposed to be the battle cry that would defeat Hillary in 2012 (& 2016) no matter who was running on the GOP ticket. It's been watered down by overuse since then....after Romney lost anyway... Let's see ermm..uh...oh, right, Benghazi on 9-11, 2012. It think the picture below was taken in May or June that same year.

Cheney, Capitol Building, secret GOP meeting, 2012. Mr. Cheney no longer held Office at that time, don't forget. Maybe he was just there cooking hot dogs for the rest of them while they talked among themselves?

DickCheneySenateDemocratsRepublicansHoldh6sLkQtvaB4l.jpg

May 7, 2016...

Sounds like after the fact.

Cheney gets his way...again....

If you could show he supported Trump in May 2015, you might have a point.

Maybe he was just there cooking hot dogs for the rest of them while they talked among themselves?

Maybe they were talking about you?

That photo was from 2012, not 2016.

Yeah. I thought you wouldn't like the facts surrounding that 2012 meeting....and Cheney being literally the only person of the establishment coming out in support of Trump this time around.

It's funny how you lumped the two together: Dick's secret meeting in 2012 with the GOP a couple months before Benghazi....and his interview this year where he openly threw his support, without a single declared reservation (unlike the rest of the old GOP guard) for Donald Trump.

And guess who the GOP choked back its collective vomit for and nominated anyway? Donald Trump. The proof's in the pudding as they say. And, once again, they will wear the loser's badge of shame in 2016. That's an 8 year losing streak (building to at least 12 years or 16 when Hillary is sworn in) that has allowed our country to slip so far left that the country actually considers New York's "men can use women's bathrooms in Trump Tower" mega-RINO Trump "a conservative"...

Like I said: Cheney, raised by democrats, loves gay marriage, 5-time draft-dodger...at some point you have to put on your thinking cap and really wonder...

Last edited:

Yeah. I thought you wouldn't like the facts surrounding that 2012 meeting....and Cheney being literally the only person of the establishment coming out in support of Trump this time around.

It's funny how you lumped the two together: Dick's secret meeting in 2012 with the GOP a couple months before Benghazi....and his interview this year where he openly threw his support, without a single declared reservation (unlike the rest of the old GOP guard) for Donald Trump.

And guess who the GOP choked back its collective vomit for and nominated anyway? Donald Trump. The proof's in the pudding as they say. And, once again, they will wear the loser's badge of shame in 2016. That's an 8 year losing streak (building to at least 12 years or 16 when Hillary is sworn in) that has allowed our country to slip so far left that the country actually considers New York's "men can use women's bathrooms in Trump Tower" mega-RINO Trump "a conservative"...

Like I said: Cheney, raised by democrats, loves gay marriage, 5-time draft-dodger...at some point you have to put on your thinking cap and really wonder...

The article said he endorsed Trump after he locked up the nomination.
Not months earlier.

I thought you wouldn't like the facts surrounding that 2012 meeting....

You didn't present any facts about a supposed meeting.

Dick's secret meeting in 2012 with the GOP

You're funny.

He was photographed entering a secret meeting with the GOP in 2012 at the Capitol Building.

Here's some light reading if you want to know more about Cheney's rise to power: How Dick Cheney Became the Most Powerful Vice President in History

An excerpt:

It was Rumsfeld who had brought the young Cheney into the White House in the late 1960s and who had presided over his astonishing rise, and it was Rumsfeld who had been Cheney’s critical partner in advocating “the strategy of the demonstration effect.” Even as Bush secretly interviewed Robert M. Gates, Rumsfeld’s prospective replacement, at his Crawford, Texas, ranch two days before the election, discussing Iraq, Afghanistan and the perilous state of the American military, the vice president’s shadow loomed. According to Gates, “After about an hour together, the president leaned forward and asked if I had any more questions. I said no. He then sort of smiled and said, ‘Cheney?’”

continued...

Two syllables. One word. Hearing it Gates “sort of smiled back.” Reading it, we do the same. But what exactly does that word, accompanied by that “sort of” smile, mean? It raises first and foremost a question about power—secret power. Untrammeled power. Hard power. The power behind the POTUS. The Dark Side. The man who, even as he could no longer prevent his longtime mentor and close collaborator from being fired, himself never could be.

Last edited:
More, from the same link in post #25

By 2007, even President Bush had begun to realize this, to understand the pitfalls and risks of Cheney’s certainty. Having ventured his own one-word query in the interview with Robert Gates—“Cheney?”—Bush supplies his own answer: “He is a voice, an important voice, but only one voice.” This observation would appear to be proved true in the debate over attacking Syria, in which Gates as secretary of defense joined Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and National Secretary Adviser Stephen Hadley in opposing Cheney. “

“Cheney knew that, among the four of us, he alone thought a strike should be the first and only option…perhaps he could persuade the president.”7....Perhaps he could; if so, it would not be the first time that Cheney’s voice, isolated or not, had carried the day. The vice president lobbied the president directly and then made his case to a National Security Council meeting in June 2007: “I argued in front of the group and in front of the President…. I thought I was rather eloquent…. The President said, ‘All right, how many people agree with the Vice President?’ And nobody put their hand up.”....The days had passed when Bush would ignore the hands and choose Cheney’s path anyway.

And yet we live still in Cheney’s world. All around us are the consequences of those decisions....
Cheney, five days after the September 11 attacks, was able to describe so precisely for the country during an interview on Meet the Press:

"We also have to work, though, sort of the dark side, if you will. We’ve got to spend time in the shadows in the intelligence world. A lot of what needs to be done here will have to be done quietly, without any discussion, using sources and methods that are available to our intelligence agencies…. That’s the world these folks operate in, and so it’s going to be vital for us to use any means at our disposal, basically, to achieve our objective."

I wonder who "our" is in the last sentence? Does he have a mouse in his pocket?

More, from the same link in post #25

By 2007, even President Bush had begun to realize this, to understand the pitfalls and risks of Cheney’s certainty. Having ventured his own one-word query in the interview with Robert Gates—“Cheney?”—Bush supplies his own answer: “He is a voice, an important voice, but only one voice.” This observation would appear to be proved true in the debate over attacking Syria, in which Gates as secretary of defense joined Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and National Secretary Adviser Stephen Hadley in opposing Cheney. “

“Cheney knew that, among the four of us, he alone thought a strike should be the first and only option…perhaps he could persuade the president.”7....Perhaps he could; if so, it would not be the first time that Cheney’s voice, isolated or not, had carried the day. The vice president lobbied the president directly and then made his case to a National Security Council meeting in June 2007: “I argued in front of the group and in front of the President…. I thought I was rather eloquent…. The President said, ‘All right, how many people agree with the Vice President?’ And nobody put their hand up.”....The days had passed when Bush would ignore the hands and choose Cheney’s path anyway.

And yet we live still in Cheney’s world. All around us are the consequences of those decisions....
Cheney, five days after the September 11 attacks, was able to describe so precisely for the country during an interview on Meet the Press:

"We also have to work, though, sort of the dark side, if you will. We’ve got to spend time in the shadows in the intelligence world. A lot of what needs to be done here will have to be done quietly, without any discussion, using sources and methods that are available to our intelligence agencies…. That’s the world these folks operate in, and so it’s going to be vital for us to use any means at our disposal, basically, to achieve our objective."

I wonder who "our" is in the last sentence? Does he have a mouse in his pocket?

Way to not prove your claims.
Are you off your meds?

The OP is looney....
what does Cheney have to do with anything?
A secret meeting...in 2012....omg....what are you the John Birch Society?

The OP is looney....
I don't know. Why don't you ask Megan Kelly why she verbally attacked Carl Rove when Romney lost in 2012..?

Cue: 4:50 & 9:20

In fact, one should watch this entire video because its identical twin will be aired the night of the election this year. Just substitute the name "Romney" for "Trump". Carl Rove as we know is Cheney's good buddy and mouthpiece on Fox News.

Rove kept insisting that Romney was going to pull through in Ohio, the key state. But as we know, that didn't happen. And it won't happen this year either for Cheney/Rove's pick Donald Trump. Too bad they didn't pick Kasich because this conversation in November 2016 would never happen with regards to Kasich winning Ohio..

Here's Kasich's promo where he says (accurately) near the end that he would carry Ohio this year if nominated:

Throughout the promo, Kasich talks about being a natural leader, one who will "lead Ohio..and the nation". Cheney/Rove aren't big on natural leaders. Hence why they backed a man who would take orders and not give them in 2012. Kasich just wasn't a palatable candidate in any regard to that camp.

In December this year, I suspect many in the GOP leadership would be wishing to turn back the clock and get just a little more promotional/favorable air time for Kasich on Fox News in the primaries. It's not just the POTUS GOP ticket that's going to get spanked. The Congressional hopefuls in close states are likely, via association with Trump being the new logo for republicans, to get taken to the woodshed.

Last edited:
The OP is looney....
I don't know. Why don't you ask Megan Kelly why she verbally attacked Carl Rove when Romney lost in 2012..?

Cue: 4:50 & 9:20

Why do you libs always change the subject, wtf does that have to do with Cheney? OMG.....rush Limbaugh is right, liberals cant debate anything.....always changing the subject or name calling.

Here's Kasich's promo where he says (accurately) near the end that he would carry Ohio this year if nominated:

Throughout the promo, Kasich talks about being a natural leader, one who will "lead Ohio..and the nation". Cheney/Rove aren't big on natural leaders. Hence why they backed a man who would take orders and not give them in 2012. Kasich just wasn't a palatable candidate in any regard to that camp.

In December this year, I suspect many in the GOP leadership would be wishing to turn back the clock and get just a little more promotional/favorable air time for Kasich on Fox News in the primaries. It's not just the POTUS GOP ticket that's going to get spanked. The Congressional hopefuls in close states are likely, via association with Trump being the new logo for republicans, to get taken to the woodshed.

I heard Kasich likes homos........LOL!

Why do you libs always change the subject, wtf does that have to do with Cheney? OMG.....rush Limbaugh is right, liberals cant debate anything.....always changing the subject or name calling.

Not a lib. Wanted to vote republican this time but can't out of conscience. I wanted Kasich, or another governor already primed and ready to give orders. But as we know, Cheney does not like to take orders. He wants to give them.

Cheney is responsible for what happened election 2008, 2012 and now his unapologetic pitch for Trump in 2016 means the same disaster looming for the GOP. Trump may not like to take orders, but he likes money and ostensibly at least can offer his loyalty at a price.

We NEED a good GOP candidate to be president this time around. Not a New York RINO, endorsed by Dick Cheney. Cheney opens his mouth and the rest of them cower in fear. Like he is some great and powerful wizard. They've seen what happens to careers if they don't walk lockstep with this snake in the grass.

I'll say it again, if you want to call someone a liberal here, don't accuse me. Now if I'd been raised by democrats, dodged the draft in Vietnam 5 times and was pushing for gay marriage because my daughter was a lesbian...THEN you could properly call me a liberal...

Last edited:

Not a lib. Wanted to vote republican this time but can't out of conscience. I wanted Kasich, or another governor already primed and ready to give orders. But as we know, Cheney does not like to take orders. He wants to give them.

Cheney is responsible for what happened election 2008, 2012 and now his unapologetic pitch for Trump in 2016 means the same disaster looming for the GOP. Trump may not like to take orders, but he likes money and ostensibly at least can offer his loyalty at a price.

We NEED a good GOP candidate to be president this time around. Not a New York RINO, endorsed by Dick Cheney. Cheney opens his mouth and the rest of them cower in fear. Like he is some great and powerful wizard. They've seen what happens to careers if they don't walk lockstep with this snake in the grass.

I'll say it again, if you want to call someone a liberal here, don't accuse me. Now if I'd been raised by democrats, dodged the draft in Vietnam 5 times and was pushing for gay marriage because my daughter was a lesbian...THEN you could properly call me a liberal...

Cheney is responsible for what happened election 2008, 2012

Prove it.

Prove it.

The only thing I can prove about Cheney with respect to what happened in 2008, 2012 and what's going to happen in 2016 is that 1. He's a/the strategic advisor to the GOP, through his own words (May this year) or his proxies (Carl Rove/Fox News). 2. He was raised by democrats. 3. Is for gay marriage and 4. Dodged the draft 5 times in Vietnam. (unless his biography is wrong online)

Again, if you want to call anyone a liberal, pay attention to items #2, #3 & #4. Why the GOP listens to him as an advisor is so far beyond logic that its in a parallel universe at this point.

Dick Cheney is so powerful and has the GOP so buffaloed, that he could take photo ops hugging trees with hippies and the next day marching in drag in a gay pride parade, and the GOP establishment would STILL commit poiltical suicide to do his every bidding. I'm sure of it.

Prove it.

The only thing I can prove about Cheney with respect to what happened in 2008, 2012 and what's going to happen in 2016 is that 1. He's a/the strategic advisor to the GOP, through his own words (May this year) or his proxies (Carl Rove/Fox News). 2. He was raised by democrats. 3. Is for gay marriage and 4. Dodged the draft 5 times in Vietnam. (unless his biography is wrong online)

Again, if you want to call anyone a liberal, pay attention to items #2, #3 & #4. Why the GOP listens to him as an advisor is so far beyond logic that its in a parallel universe at this point.

Dick Cheney is so powerful and has the GOP so buffaloed, that he could take photo ops hugging trees with hippies and the next day marching in drag in a gay pride parade, and the GOP establishment would STILL commit poiltical suicide to do his every bidding. I'm sure of it.

The only thing I can prove about Cheney with respect to what happened in 2008, 2012

You haven't proven anything with respect to 2008 or 2012.

He's a/the strategic advisor to the GOP

There are thousands of those, so what?

He was raised by democrats.

Plenty of people recover from that.

Is for gay marriage

So is your favored candidate.

Dodged the draft 5 times in Vietnam

Vietnam fell 41 fucking years ago. So fucking what?

Why the GOP listens to him as an advisor is so far beyond logic

Multiply that by 1000 and ask why anyone listens to you.

Dick Cheney is so powerful

Says who? You?

the GOP establishment would STILL commit poiltical suicide to do his every bidding.

Did he support Trump from the beginning? Did he support anyone from the beginning? Link?

I'm sure of it.

We've seen what that's worth.

I like how you said "Vietnam fell 41 fucking years ago. So fucking what? As if that erases draft-dodging. If he had dodged Korea or WWII, would that make you feel different about him?

Forum List

Back