Has the GOP Tightened the Noose Around Their Necks?

Where's the stats of folks who magically find work once their unemployment runs out?

I don't know anyone who thinks it should be extended, and actually most would think if you're out of work for 2 years there's something wrong. Instead of holding out for a gravy train maybe it's time to take something to get by until something better comes along.

I don't give a fuck what anyone says, there's no excuse for being out of work for 2 years. To expect even more benefits than that explains exactly why America is such a world of hurt.

people vote their wallets...simple as that...if obama doesnt put people back to work....he will be gone

He's a joke. The landmark event for the blacks is going to be recorded as the "Do nothing President"

Where's the stats of folks who magically find work once their unemployment runs out?

I don't know anyone who thinks it should be extended, and actually most would think if you're out of work for 2 years there's something wrong. Instead of holding out for a gravy train maybe it's time to take something to get by until something better comes along.

I don't give a fuck what anyone says, there's no excuse for being out of work for 2 years. To expect even more benefits than that explains exactly why America is such a world of hurt.

Good point - Not to mention the FACT that the underemployed will be hired to career quality work long before the unemployed.

I'm living proof - when I found myself without work in the Fall of '08 I took what I could get, did work worthy of a reference, and kept looking... in Spring '09 I found a career quality position based in part on the good references I got from my springboard jobs.

Hell, even the career I started in April of '09 didn't start off paying what I was making after 10 years in my last career position - but it pays enough to think of myself as 'lucky', and after 3 to 5 years with this new company I should be right back there or better.

Ya GOTTA stay flexible.

With over 14 million unemployed, where's the 14 million get by jobs?

people vote their wallets...simple as that...if obama doesnt put people back to work....he will be gone

He's a joke. The landmark event for the blacks is going to be recorded as the "Do nothing President"

I disagree froggy. The biggest fears of Obamas political enemies is the amount of stuff he IS accomplishing.

True, he has so far squandered the best opportunity Western 'Civilization' has had in 2000 years to take a major step in continuing the de-consolidation of wealth and power on this planet, and the first opportunity Western 'Civilization' has had in 2000 years to take one of these major steps without too much damage to the infrastructure our ancestors worked so hard to construct for us, but he hasn't done 'nothing'.

Last edited:
I agree with hellbitch. People vote their wallets. Owe Bama hasn't done a single thing to improve the lot of the average American and as a result he will be gone come next Presidential election. If anything, he has made the economic situation worse.

With over 14 million unemployed, where's the 14 million get by jobs?

They're out there. They don't pay well and the work is hard but they're out there.

The crying shame of the marketplace in this country is the use of government by the established business class to stifle competition. In historic down-turns a LOT of the unemployed found ways to compete with their former employers, making the country a better place to live and work - the current legal codes for business compliance that REQUIRE a man (or woman) be able to afford an accountant AND an attorney before even THINKING about risking their sweat on a business venture is what's choking the American Entrepreneurial Spirit.

Can you imagine the innovations of the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's occurring under todays tax and regulation codes? It shouldn't take a lawyer to explain the concept of business and environmental responsibility to a guy who wants to start a painting business and it shouldn't take an accountant to file his taxes while his employee list consists of himself and his son.

Last edited:
The 2010 election should be a national referendum on the direction Obama and the Dems have taken.

I agree with hellbitch. People vote their wallets. Owe Bama hasn't done a single thing to improve the lot of the average American and as a result he will be gone come next Presidential election. If anything, he has made the economic situation worse.

True. A squandered opportunity of truly historic (we're talking Magna Carta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia historic here!) significance.

I still believe that his heart is in the right place but his education in American Law has fouled his thinking. He's trying to do it "legal".

The legal mess completed by the '00 & '04 political dynasties in this country can't be untangled without stepping outside the web of entanglement woven by the last 5 generations under the guise of politics and a legal system and go directly to a movement of the people, politics and the courts be damned.

If Obama, or any other politician on this rock for that matter, ever came up with a truly good idea and he, or she asked for a swarm of support in DC, would you go?

Remember, we're ass-u-me-ing that you believe it's a good idea..... :eusa_think:

The 2010 election should be a national referendum on the direction Obama and the Dems have taken.

As EVERY election should be a referendum on the direction of government.

The problem is that BOTH choices in modern American Politics are wholly owned subsidiaries of the corporations and legal firms surrounding the relatively small group of families vying for control of this planets hugely abundant resources.

You didn't think that the families who fought for the king in the French Revolution and other similar events in your bloody history just gave their wealth (power) away when they lost, did you?

Survival of the fittest or made in Gods image..... Which does the bloody history fit?

Forum List

Back