Has The Constitution Failed?

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Based on the lack of participation in this forum I'd say the country has failed the constitution.
None the less, here's an interesting take.

Given the massive welfare-warfare state system under which Americans live, the natural assumption is that the Constitution failed in its mission to constrain the powers of the federal government.

Actually, though, that isn’t the case.

• Banned
Both subscribe to the interventionist, welfare/warfare state financed by a central bank- they both subscribe to the Public Education system which fails continuously- they both subscribe to the failed policy's that keep failing- they both subscribe to the keep them immune at all costs- tax payer cost of course-

The constitution didnt fail.
The people did.

Just like with the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. We have that law that it shall not be infringed but Democrats infringe upon that right every day and nobody does jackshit about it.
Both parties do.
Both parties shit on everyday.
I bet 80 percent of our govt is unconstitutional
There are many ways to make people miserable.
Legal does not equal moral.

The constitution didnt fail.
The people did.

Just like with the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. We have that law that it shall not be infringed but Democrats infringe upon that right every day and nobody does jackshit about it.
Both parties do.
Both parties shit on everyday.
I bet 80 percent of our govt is unconstitutional

The filthy Democrats are the big drivers of eliminating our Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Unfortunately they are aided from time to time by a few weak minded Republicans.

Those who have a vested professional interest in dividing us are winning, and they may have already won.
Only if the people allow it.
Well, that's been the problem. Far too many of us are more concerned with who the Kardashian girls are banging, or how much cheap, fatty food we can pile on to our buffet plate, than about what is dividing us.

This is the result.

Some might contend that the problems lie in the Constitution's inherent design. The anti-federalists have been proven correct and justified in their fears over and over and over again throughout history.

Those who have a vested professional interest in dividing us are winning, and they may have already won.
Only if the people allow it.
Well, that's been the problem. Far too many of us are more concerned with who the Kardashian girls are banging, or how much cheap, fatty food we can pile on to our buffet plate, than about what is dividing us.

This is the result.
A lot more to it than that but I get you. Greed and ignorance has played a big part of it all but like a dear friend told me years ago, "Big wheels move slow". The whole takes awhile to move sometimes and everything serves a purpose in one form or another.

I won't say the Constitution failed ... but it does have a serious flaw ... Congress alone can initiate changes to our form of government ... matters in which Congress greatly prospers will never change ... absolutely no way will an amendment limiting campaign financing gets to the states, even if all the states want it ...

There needs to be a way for 3/4's the states to compel Congress to vote ... or have 3/4's the states impose laws upon Congress, forcing them to comply ...

Many states have initiative petition, with enough signatures an issue can be put directly to the voters ... here that includes amending the state constitution ... and we use it regularly ... if the legislature ain't doing their job, we'll do it for them ... this would be a complete mess nationally, Congress doesn't do anything ...

Based on the lack of participation in this forum I'd say the country has failed the constitution.
None the less, here's an interesting take.

Given the massive welfare-warfare state system under which Americans live, the natural assumption is that the Constitution failed in its mission to constrain the powers of the federal government.

Actually, though, that isn’t the case.

the lib public education system has failed

IMO, TPTB would never be able to wrest the brilliance and freedom of the American Constitution away from her people, so they just corrupted it by sneaking in the 16th Amendment, making it a suicide compact.

". . . In the meantime, the Sixteenth Amendment matters most because it has forever changed the character of the United States government, from a modest central government dependent on consumption taxes and tariffs on imports to the much more powerful, modern government that fought two World Wars and the Cold War with the vast revenue that came from the federal income tax."
16th Amendment | The National Constitution Center

Forum List

Back