Has the bill been posted on line yet?

Sec 1005 Paragraph b.

There is appropriated to the fund, out of any funds in the treasury not otherwise appropriated, $1,000,000,000 for federal administration expenses to carry out such an Act (and the amendments made by such Acts).

OK, I'm no lawyer, and I'm not the smartest person in the village. But that just gives some fund one Trillion Dollars? WTF? Administration expenses?

And this is saving money?

TWOOF:

The CBO has now stated the obvious that the Doc Fix puts the New & Improved ObamaCare Bill into the red.

D'uh.

Congressional budget scorekeepers say a Medicare fix that Democrats included in earlier versions of their health care bill would push it into the red.

The Congressional Budget Office said Friday that rolling back a programmed cut in Medicare fees to doctors would cost $208 billion over 10 years. If added back to the health care overhaul bill, it would wipe out all the deficit reduction, leaving the legislation $59 billion in the red.

The so-called doc fix was part of the original House bill. Because of its high cost, Democrats decided to pursue it separately. Republicans say the cost should not be ignored. Congress has usually waived the cuts to doctors year by year.

Medicare fix would push health care into the red - Yahoo! Finance

There's also the little facts about the $500B of Medicare cuts that have been double counted (used to pay for the new entitlement while also "extending the life" of Medicare), the borrowing of $53B of Social Security taxes (which are needed for SS, projected to go into the red in the future), and uses up the premiums from the CLASS Act.

One big question that hasn't been addressed: Let's assume that the bogus math of reducing the deficit by $138B in the first 10 years is real (it's not) - is it worth it to spend over $1T and increase the scope of government to 30% of GDP to "save" this money?

Sec 1005 Paragraph b.

There is appropriated to the fund, out of any funds in the treasury not otherwise appropriated, $1,000,000,000 for federal administration expenses to carry out such an Act (and the amendments made by such Acts).

OK, I'm no lawyer, and I'm not the smartest person in the village. But that just gives some fund one Trillion Dollars? WTF? Administration expenses?

And this is saving money?

:lol: I know, right...?

And the HHS annual budget is ALREADY nearly a Trillion dollars as it is!

Now, just as an average guestimate of what insured people pay to get good healthcare.....If we have 300 million people and each person paid a 5 hundred dollar per month premium to the insurance company - 6 thousand dollars per year (which is ~ the going rate for an individual policy and many family policies are over a thousand dollars these days no matter how many kids you have) this combined premium paid by the American people would equal 1.8 trillon dollars.

When you add it all up it's mind boggling..HOW MUCH money does it take for God's sake if the HHS budget is nearly a Trillion already and now this bill adds more spending.......?

$1,000,000,000 is a billion. Consider it seed money. Given the government's predilection to take a small program and make it enormous, it will soon be a $1,000,000,000,000.

$1,000,000,000 is a billion. Consider it seed money. Given the government's predilection to take a small program and make it enormous, it will soon be a $1,000,000,000,000.

Oh and these politicians will be long gone by then and so no one has to be accountable.

Medicare (hospital insurance). In 1965, as Congress considered legislation to establish a
national Medicare program, the House Ways and Means Committee estimated that the hospital
insurance portion of the program, Part A, would cost about $9 billion annually by 1990.v Actual
Part A spending in 1990 was $67 billion.vi The actuary who provided the original cost estimates
acknowledged in 1994 that, even after conservatively discounting for the unexpectedly high
inflation rates of the early ‘70s and other factors, “the actual [Part A] experience was 165%
higher than the estimate
.”vii

Medicare (entire program). In 1967, the House Ways and Means Committee predicted that the
new Medicare program, launched the previous year, would cost about $12 billion in 1990. viii
Actual Medicare spending in 1990 was $110 billion—off by nearly a factor of 10
.ix

:eusa_whistle: TIMES TEN!!

Last edited:

Told you i wasn't the smartest guy in the village. But still a cool Billion in Administration expenses? I could almost go back to work for that......

Obama must owe a lot of people Rides on Air Force One in exchange for their votes to be paid for with that $1B.

He bought off the entire Hispanic caucus by announcing yesterday that he would support an amnesty. My wife went through the roof on that one.

Forum List

Back