Has outsourcing killed Boeing?

You also didn't believe Romney could lose. You're wrong again.

Benefits and Compensation Union Represented Employees

Hey stupid -
It's a private company Boeing: Careers - Benefits - U.S. Benefits Overview
I am sure some of the tasks are unionized - like taking out the trash or cleaning toilets.

Care to make a wager on that, genius? A little sig line wager perhaps? :lol:

Since I know you won't, pussy boi...

Saying a strike now appears likely, the union representing Boeing Co's 23,000 engineers held picket-line training this week to prepare for a work stoppage that could disrupt billions of dollars worth of plane deliveries and help Airbus catch up to Boeing on jet designs.

Boeing's engineer union says strike is likely, prepares workers

im sorry i have to say something here...... picket-line training?......for Engineers?.....what the hell is that?.....

The $1T in DoD cuts is going to cost jobs at Boeing, Lockheed-Martin, etc.....and everyone of those jobs lost is obamination's fault since he put the DoD budget cuts in place.

Of course, obamination will use the NLRB to force Boeing and others to protect their unions from these cuts.....just like he did when Boeing tried to move jobs to SC from WA to save money. Non-union workers somehow can't build stuff like union workers according to liberal scum.

The $1T in DoD cuts is going to cost jobs at Boeing, Lockheed-Martin, etc.....and everyone of those jobs lost is obamination's fault since he put the DoD budget cuts in place.

Of course, obamination will use the NLRB to force Boeing and others to protect their unions from these cuts.....just like he did when Boeing tried to move jobs to SC from WA to save money. Non-union workers somehow can't build stuff like union workers according to liberal scum.

Bezerker, are you not one of the rethug scum saying how the govenmnet HAS to cut spending? Sure you are. All the time. Fuking hypocrite.

Shitbag....cutting the DoD budget to pay for obamacare is not smart, thus why you support it.

This thing called the US Constitution mandates national defense spending.....nothing in there about some $2T program called obamacare, nothing....shit for brains.

Bezerker, are you not one of the rethug scum saying how the govenmnet HAS to cut spending? Sure you are. All the time. Fuking hypocrite.

Hey stupid -
I am sure some of the tasks are unionized - like taking out the trash or cleaning toilets.

Saying a strike now appears likely, the union representing Boeing Co's 23,000 engineers held picket-line training this week to prepare for a work stoppage that could disrupt billions of dollars worth of plane deliveries and help Airbus catch up to Boeing on jet designs.

im sorry i have to say something here...... picket-line training?......for Engineers?.....what the hell is that?.....

Something along these lines I'm guessing.

Picket Line

Outsourcing particularialy offshoring causes US corporation to lose their distinctive advantage and they just become one of the crowd.
Corporate espionage is dead, the corporations give it all away now.

The reason why union workers destroy a company is because eventually they realize they have job security no matter the quality of product and quantity of output from their so-called work.

When someone knows they have a 3 year contract with Boeing, why work like your job is on the line?

Most of the union workers failed in the education system, so they have a history of failing in something longer than a minute. When they know they can't lose their job for a few years....they will take advantage of it. Why work harder and faster, they are still getting paid and won't lose their job.

Now, a non-union Boeing worker in SC doing the same job as the asshole in WA will feel the need to work hard for 8-12 hours in the plant because the quality and quantity of work will dictate whether they keep their job.

Boeing will get more productive work out of someone that realizes they need to do good work compared to someone that knows they can't be fired for 1-3 years.

Outsourcing particularialy offshoring causes US corporation to lose their distinctive advantage and they just become one of the crowd.
Corporate espionage is dead, the corporations give it all away now.

The 'distinct advantage' of having overpriced production costs, perhaps.

Imagine if McDonalds unionized all of their workers.

Big Macs would be over $6 to pay for the labor costs.

Good luck seeing who is going to clean the toilets and tables.

It will be like rolling into a McDonalds at midnight trying to find someone to take your order and get you some food.....if they are making $10/hour no matter what happens on the job.

It is strange seeing liberal scum claim Boeing is giving away their own secrets to Japan when Bill Clinton gave missile technology to the Chinese in the 90s making the USA unsafe today with ICBMs pointed at us from China.

Clinton supported the transfer of missile technology to a country that is our enemy and has fought us on the fringe in Vietnam and Korea. Yet, liberals here don't think Boeing can do whatever they like with their own company technology....insane.

It is funny seeing liberals blame Boeing's problems on out-sourcing when unions are killing it from the inside just like.....GM.

Boeing had to keep their union scum employed in Washington in order to move jobs to SC to save money.....insane.

It's funny seeing liberals blaming Boeing's problems on outsourcing when the problems are the same lithium ion batteries that's in the Volt.

Hate to tell you but those dudes that wrote those articles in Forbes are not liberals.

"It is the liberals" fault is total BS on this issue.

DOD budget is as over bloated full of waste as any government spending program.
I agree with the SC move as government has NO business sticking their nose in the right of a private industry to move where they want to.
Boeing pays folks 65K a year to man a parts station and hand out parts.
My bro in law did it for years. Got fat on the job and now has diabetes!

This author thinks Boeing's decision to outsource 70% of the 787 Dreamliner has resulted in the company handing the Japanese a technological advantage which will leave Boeing in the dust.

Once again, a short-term, bottom line goal and deliberate union-busting may lead to another key American industry falling behind.

Yeah, you can do things cheaper overseas and turn a quick profit, but what about the future? Does anybody care anymore?

What Went Wrong at Boeing: My Two Cents - Forbes
Just as the wisdom of the crowd, cloud computing, and direct democracy movements are killing the world, we see companies chasing the lowest common denominator,,,,to hell with excellence, experience, quality, principle, common sense...

I agree with the SC move as government has NO business sticking their nose in the right of a private industry to move where they want to.

I doubt most of the workers were like your bro...he is not representative of the group...he's more like the fat fucking slob (not a personal attack unless your bro worked with me LOL) we all made fun of on all the jobs I've had

I doubt most of the workers were like your bro...he is not representative of the group...he's more like the fat fucking slob (not a personal attack unless your bro worked with me LOL) we all made fun of on all the jobs I've had

He left Boeing, hated Seattle and the hours he worked.
Bro in law is a lazy liberal. He draws disability now.

Hey stupid -

Training engineers for any task which doesn't require a slide rule or computer is an exercise in futility. It's like trying to train a bean-counter to understand the beans represent something. It can't happen.

The reason why union workers destroy a company is because eventually they realize they have job security no matter the quality of product and quantity of output from their so-called work.

When someone knows they have a 3 year contract with Boeing, why work like your job is on the line?

Most of the union workers failed in the education system, so they have a history of failing in something longer than a minute. When they know they can't lose their job for a few years....they will take advantage of it. Why work harder and faster, they are still getting paid and won't lose their job.

Now, a non-union Boeing worker in SC doing the same job as the asshole in WA will feel the need to work hard for 8-12 hours in the plant because the quality and quantity of work will dictate whether they keep their job.

Boeing will get more productive work out of someone that realizes they need to do good work compared to someone that knows they can't be fired for 1-3 years.

Stupid ass. Boeings problems with quality began when it started trying to bust unions, whether those of labor or those of professionals like engineers. Until then, Boeing was the standard in the airplane manufacturing business. Now they are just another player, and one whose reputation is rapidly fraying to nothing.

Training engineers for any task which doesn't require a slide rule or computer is an exercise in futility. It's like trying to train a bean-counter to understand the beans represent something. It can't happen.

LOL. Real truth in both statements.

Stupid ass. Boeings problems with quality began when it started trying to bust unions, whether those of labor or those of professionals like engineers. Until then, Boeing was the standard in the airplane manufacturing business. Now they are just another player, and one whose reputation is rapidly fraying to nothing.

European nations subsidizing Air Bus to the tune of 18 billion dollars is the sole reason Boeing has had to cut costs.

how does a job give you diabetes?......i worked with a guy who walked 16 miles a day with a load on his back in the beginning of the route and he still ended up getting it.......and we also have a fat guy who does not walk more than a mile a day and he does not have it......:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back