has our democracy failed?

If anything our democracy is maturing toward its eventual death.

Democracies only exist until the people vote themselves funds from the public treasury thereafter they vote for candidates who promise the most from the public treasure.

If anything our democracy is maturing toward its eventual death.

Democracies only exist until the people vote themselves funds from the public treasury thereafter they vote for candidates who promise the most from the public treasure.

Wow a moment of clarity...

Totally on point...

Has our democracy been completely taken over by the wealthy?

According to a recent CNN/ORC poll, 72% of Americans favor the 'Buffett Rule"

Budget/Taxes

but yet the Republicans in the Senate defeated it.

We all know the Buffett Rule wouldn't solve our deficit, but the idea that rich people are paying their share too sure makes me feel better about my government.
hmm last time I checked the Dems are in control of the senate:cuckoo:

I doubt that 72% of Americans support the Buffet Rule. For one thing, many Americans today have lived under Communism and know where these financial manipulations lead. I can't see Americans driven that mad with envy. Not one time has obama said that if the Buffet Rule was passed it would improve American lives or lower taxes on the ordinary working man. We know too that it won't reduce the deficit. What will the Buffet Rule do? Government operating expenses have increased. The GSA has asked for a budget increase of 80 million dollars a year so there's part of it. The bulk of it will go to pay patronage for kickbacks. The money will be "invested" in green enegy projects which will take the funding, pay large bonuses, then immediately go bankrupt. The executives that got the bonuses will then make hefty donations to democrats.

The government is being run like a union shop. Threre is little difference between the obama administration and Tammany Hall.

Budget/Taxes

We all know the Buffett Rule wouldn't solve our deficit, but the idea that rich people are paying their share too sure makes me feel better about my government.

hmmmm , are you saying the republicans in the senate fought for it?

Budget/Taxes

Look at other countries around the world. Your stations in life are guaranteed not to get ahead. In America, anyone who wants to work hard and has an idea can be wealthy!

Anyone who finishes school and hones his craft can set up his own shop and have a comfortable home with luxuries. Work for a company and show your skills to get promoted to the next level. sit at home and wait for a government check guarantees your lot in life to substandard living as well. It's all in choices.

Then there's others who sit back and whine about those who have succeeded and want them to pay more in taxes when that would yield so little to the debt it would be barely neglible while ignoring the elephant in the room.

The soaring costs of wasteful government and a Congress that does nothing about it. Trillions of dollars of wasteful spending each decade goes unnoticed while they grapple with the few who have made it to the top.

I gotta do what I do... forget arguing with progressives...

It isn't worth your time or energy...

Budget/Taxes

On the federal level, the government is not a democratic only process. So it is a fallacy to try and compare democratic forms of government versus republican representational form of governemnt.

Budget/Taxes

Tics like you are the ones who aren't paying their fair share. The rich pay the bulk of all taxes in this country. All the "Buffet rule" is going to do is tax away capital investment. That means slower growth and fewer jobs.

The "Buffet Rule" is a cheap sleazy scam, and only imbeciles are falling for it.

I don't see all that capital being invested for jobs in the US by the majority of rich people. I do see that the rich are still hiring illegas and moving jobs and bank accounts offshore.

At the time of this nation's founding, Ben Franklin knew how it would end. He saw it as being inevitable.

Speech of Benjamin Franklin - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such; because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of Government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered, and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other

We have reached that time.

Budget/Taxes

Who the fuck cares if they did not . Some Dems also voted against it as well.. You guys have control of two parts the Executive branch everything is the REP fault. It was also the REP fault when you had control of all 3 right:cuckoo:

Budget/Taxes

Tics like you are the ones who aren't paying their fair share. The rich pay the bulk of all taxes in this country. All the "Buffet rule" is going to do is tax away capital investment. That means slower growth and fewer jobs.

The "Buffet Rule" is a cheap sleazy scam, and only imbeciles are falling for it.

I don't see all that capital being invested for jobs in the US by the majority of rich people. I do see that the rich are still hiring illegas and moving jobs and bank accounts offshore.

I have serious doubts that the super-rich have invested in any meaningful, lasting way in America for at least 15 years, probably longer.

Government 101. We do not have a democracy we have a republic. The Buffet Rule is another hoax being played by Obama. It would only provide enough revenue to run the federal government for one week. Let's get real and toss the current tax system and replace it with one that will enable us to start paying down the debt, enable us to balance the budget, get rid of agencies that no longer are productive or useful due to lack of funds.

One tax rate would be good. No more than two would be OK.

If it were not for the rich, including the superrich, we would have a standard of living on the level of some tribal village in Africa. There is not one single charitable foundation founded by a poor person. They are all the works of the super wealthy. No company employing thousands is owned by a poor person. These owners might have started out poor, but didn't stay that way for long.

The poor on their own for the most part contribute nothing beyond piles of excrement and carbon dioxide. They do not innovate, create, or craft. If they did, they would shortly not be poor. Their use is for manual labor and simple tasks. Sometimes they can become very wealthy by virtue of manual labor and simple tasks. Miners and dockworkers are not only highly paid, but those jobs are handed down from father to son for generations.

I know of a man born into poverty. He was born in South Central Los Angeles to working class parents, but at least he had two of them. He had a talent for sports and did well as a basketball player. He did not waste his money, but saved it. When he was diagnosed with HIV, surely his world had come to and end and he should prepare for death. It was a time to have fun, make hay while the sun shines, and make every moment count in enjoyment. Except that this man did not. He found he had a talent for business. He became a joint venture capitalist. He started a Joint Venture capital company. He did what Romney did when he started Bain Capital. This sick and dying basketball player lived, he made a lot of money and entered the world of the super wealthy, just like Romney did.

The name of the company this "poor" man started is Guggenheim Partners. His name is Earvin "Magic" Johnson.

He has the mind of the wealthy. Contrast Margic Johnson with Dennis Rodman, equally as talented, starting out equally as poor. He has the mind of someone who will always be poor. Rodman's usefulness extended only to making money for someone else as long as he was servicable. He is no longer servicable.

This is the fate of the poor. It has always been so and will always be so.

Who the fuck cares if they did not . Some Dems also voted against it as well.. You guys have control of two parts the Executive branch everything is the REP fault. It was also the REP fault when you had control of all 3 right:cuckoo:

you care you posted here.

You see it does matter what side they take on these issues

Democracy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

de·moc·ra·cy
noun \di-ˈmä-krə-sē\
pluralde·moc·ra·cies

Definition of DEMOCRACY

a: government by the people; especially: rule of the majority b: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

Forum List

Back