has our democracy failed?

hilbert

Mar 30, 2012
Winnboro, Texas
Has our democracy been completely taken over by the wealthy?

According to a recent CNN/ORC poll, 72% of Americans favor the 'Buffett Rule"

Budget/Taxes

but yet the Republicans in the Senate defeated it.

We all know the Buffett Rule wouldn't solve our deficit, but the idea that rich people are paying their share too sure makes me feel better about my government.

Our education system appears to be failing. It is not teaching our kids to interrogate polls before accepting their legitimacy, for a start.

Without capitalism there would be no wealth...

I think the people failed....

If it wasn't for stupid people we wouldn't have stupid leaders...

We all know the Buffett Rule wouldn't solve our deficit, but the idea that rich people are paying their share too sure makes me feel better about my government.

The reason our democracy might be failing is that sheep such as yourself buy into such Leftist nonsense without the slightest critical analysis.

Nah, we live in a plutocracy.

It's not so bad when you get used to it. We still get to pretend that we are a viable democracy. The real rulers still let us "vote".

Not such a bad system IF you have a benevolent plutocracy. But it seems like a Mittens plutocracy would be a rather mean spirited one. And that ain't good. People will eventually get mad at being shit on.

Democracy?

We're a Constitutional Republic.

Democratic Republic..

I was going to include that in my post but I didn't want to get into a "debate" with leftist tools despite the facts they would argue against.

Our education system appears to be failing. It is not teaching our kids to interrogate polls before accepting their legitimacy, for a start.

I sorta trust CNN polls, unlike FoxNews polls. Of course, a person like you to the right of Gengis Kahn might differ :tongue:

You do realize the CBO tells us Obama's 'Buffett Rule' would cover about 3 days worth of government spending over the 11 years they were asked to study, right?

Perhaps this is just class warfare rhetoric, put forward for you sheep to distract us from the major problems a competent POTUS should be addressing right now?

I sorta trust CNN polls, unlike FoxNews polls. Of course, a person like you to the right of Gengis Kahn might differ :tongue:

You do realize the CBO tells us Obama's 'Buffett Rule' would cover about 3 days worth of government spending over the 11 years they were asked to study, right?

Perhaps this is just class warfare rhetoric, put forward for you sheep to distract us from the major problems a competent POTUS should be addressing right now?

Never believe "CBO" claims - the projections are always wrong.

You GOPpers are so out of touch with the feelings of the majority on our economy. See these many polls on various economic issues at Budget/Taxes

Is this the main reason you're gonna lose in November of is it gonna be mainly due to any one of a myriad other reasons?

You GOPpers made your big stage appearance two years ago, but then promptly fell on your asses :badgrin:

[ ... ]
And it would take private sector money away from capital investments in jobs and growth. If you want to shrink something, tax it more. The loss in revenues from the potential new taxpayers far outreaches any small gain; I.E. the 4.7 billion annually to the treasury.

The Republicans have it right; it's just a harder sell to get folks like Hilbert to think.

Hilbert - Isn't that a name straight out of the European dark ages? At least it's appropriate for this particular OP, cause it's not from the thinking of the great mathematician . . .

Last edited:

CBO claims always wrong? Example please?

You GOPpers are so out of touch with the feelings of the majority on our economy. See these many polls on various economic issues at Budget/Taxes

Is this the main reason you're gonna lose in November of is it gonna be mainly due to any one of a myriad other reasons?

You GOPpers made your big stage appearance two years ago, but then promptly fell on your asses :badgrin:

Are you serious???

You progressives take idiocy and run with it...

The only shit you have on your side is the shit you spew to reaffirm your mistake or stupidity...

You progressives are belligerent hard-headed assholes who would rather see the US fall than admit you made a mistake..

Our democracy has certainly failed when people start talking about the concept as a horrible thing.

Has our democracy been completely taken over by the wealthy?

According to a recent CNN/ORC poll, 72% of Americans favor the 'Buffett Rule"

Budget/Taxes

but yet the Republicans in the Senate defeated it.

Tics like you are the ones who aren't paying their fair share. The rich pay the bulk of all taxes in this country. All the "Buffet rule" is going to do is tax away capital investment. That means slower growth and fewer jobs.

The "Buffet Rule" is a cheap sleazy scam, and only imbeciles are falling for it.

If I had to point the finger in one direction (which is not usually very accurate) I would say the country has been severely damaged by its various special interests. When you have a powerful group whose primary message is, "I want it my way, one hundred percent, all or nothing, do or die, and I am not going to budge an inch", you'll ultimately end up with what we have: Wild swings at the voting booth, no long term planning, slow decay.

Cooperation and reason have become punchlines, weaknesses. Bad news for us.

Are you fucking serious?

Dig into that and you will find PLENTY of citations.. The CBO has NEVER been correct..

http://www.google.com/search?q=cbo+...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Last edited:

They are forced to use the numbers given to them by the Administration in charge.

Thus, if Owebama says we will have a 6% growth rate in 2013, those are the numbers they must use. The numbers are always rosy, which is doubly-damning for the real impact of the 'Buffet Rule' beyond making you class envy types feel good about yourselves.

Forum List

Back