Has Obama really helped to improve the economy?

President Nixon and President Ford left President Carter with high inflation, serious unemployment and an economy in such bad shape a new word was coined to describe it: STAGFLATION.

Only very dumb parrots suggest Carter was responsible for the mess we were in the late 1970's.

Sure you have. The economy ROCKED under Reagan, moron.

A 'shambles' was what we had under Carter.

Carter's economy was the result of 2 Republican administrations that didn't have a clue as how to deal with inflation and high unemployment.

:lol:

And we weren't discussing the 'why' of Carter's ineptitude.

But why do you always dance and deflect when I destroy your mindless takes, swallow?

Can't resist your homosexual urges for one minute, can you?

Are you that much of a horny fag you can't resist the urge to offer a bj?

Gosh..didn't know you had it that bad..boi.

Carter's economy was the result of 2 Republican administrations that didn't have a clue as how to deal with inflation and high unemployment.

:lol:

And we weren't discussing the 'why' of Carter's ineptitude.

But why do you always dance and deflect when I destroy your mindless takes, swallow?

Can't resist your homosexual urges.

Lucky for you, a 'catcher' has just shown up!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

President Nixon and President Ford left President Carter with high inflation, serious unemployment and an economy in such bad shape a new word was coined to describe it: STAGFLATION.

Only very dumb parrots suggest Carter was responsible for the mess we were in the late 1970's.

Yeah..Nixon's remedy was to put a stop of wage increases..nationwide. Funny, no one hauled him into the supreme court over that.

Ford's remedy was little buttons..that said WIN (Whip Inflation Now).

One gets a good perspective on this stuff when you actually live through it.

:eusa_whistle:

Inflation was at 5 percent when he took office and 14 percent when he left. Unemployment was about 7.5 when he took office and 7.0 when he left.

Repugs facking amaze me, if I own a big business that's has a huge deficit would giving my employees a bigger pay raise lower that deficit? You have to take in more not cut more than you take in.

president nixon and president ford left president carter with high inflation, serious unemployment and an economy in such bad shape a new word was coined to describe it: Stagflation.

Only very dumb parrots suggest carter was responsible for the mess we were in the late 1970's.

inflation was at 5 percent when he took office and 14 percent when he left. Unemployment was about 7.5 when he took office and 7.0 when he left.

lol

Inflation was at 5 percent when he took office and 14 percent when he left. Unemployment was about 7.5 when he took office and 7.0 when he left.

You never measure inflation like that you dumbass because inflation drops and spikes ca be affected by events that precede a person coming into office, do you real think the govt and economy goes into neutral the day someone takes over? If a previous president enacted policies that could effect the economy years on down the line after they're out of office you can't pin the outcome of that shat on the next man coming into office, neither can they be changed at the drop of a dime, you're political and economically facked up in the brain.

BUll !!!! totally bull !!!! if you raise taxes you have money to pay for the national budget ... you also have money to pay for teachers, cops firemen, the extras by hiring more people you have more money coming in ... when you have more money coming in to the coffer you then work with in the national budget, by doing so you create a surplus ... that surplus goes to pay down on the national debt unless you get republicans in power to give it to the rich 1% .. is that dumb down enough for you ??? hence you don't pay the national debt bt cutting taxes ... it has never work and you can't show us anywhere it has worked ... but I can show you by raising taxes,where we did balance the budgett, where we had money to pay for the national debt

WHY SHOULD OUR TAX DOLLARS GO TO BAIL OUT THE NAT DEBT THAT OBAMA HIMSELF CREATED BY HIS SPENDING AND THROWING OUR MONEY AWAY. AND AS LONG AS OBAMA IS IN OFFICE, OUR TAX DOLLARS SHOULD NOT GO FOR HIS FRIVILOUS SPENDING. HE WOULD ONLY THROW IT ON THINGS OTHER THEN THE DEFICET.
YOU CAN NOT RAISE TAXES ON PEOPLE WHO ARE ALREADY STRUGGLING TO MAKE ENDS MEET, AND MOST OF THEM OUT OF WORK. SIMPLE FACT.
Damn!! You got a wedgie, from someone, right in the middle of this??!! :eek:

Anyhow.....when Bill Clinton raised taxes on the high-roller$, Republicans called them "The Highest In U.S. History!"

The fact IS....​

"The vast majority of taxpayers saw no change in their income taxes as a result of the 1993 law. CBO estimates that most households paid only $38 more per year, as a result of the 4.3 cent per gallon increase in the gas tax."

Relax. Once the Bush tax-cuts die-off, in December, we'll (automatically) be headed-back towards a balanced-budget, again.​

Last edited:
Reagan, for example, actually doubled GDP and Federal tax receipts, not to mention the millions of jobs his policies spawned during and well past his Presidency.

You shouldn't do dope and post at the same time.

He also ran the debt and deficit sky high..not to mention the bailouts.

You have been corrected on your 'complete shambles' nonsense. Up your game.
Is there anyone (at home) there, OLD-enough to remember.....

321.gif

its working fine ...
and economics is clearly not your forte ... explain to us rocker scientist how to you pay for someth by taking money away from it ... we all need a good chuckle, chuckles the repub-lie-clown:lol:

I'll try to dumb it down for you. Wish me luck.

We can only extract about 16.5% of GDP in taxes from the economy on an ongoing basis.

Attempt to extract more than this in higher tax rates, and the economy shrinks
to where your new tax rates net .... 16.5% of GDP, on average.

This is known as Hauser's Law.

So what is a government to do if it needs and wants more tax dollars?

You grow GDP. This is the only way, as Hauser's Law, Laffer curve, etc. prove.

And you grow GDP by unleashing private sector economic activity, which is why pols - even often recalcitrant Democrats - look to tax cuts.

See, dumbfuck, we can grow our way out of debt by growing GDP, but this can only be done if SPENDING increases do not outpace growth in the tax base.

BUll !!!! totally bull !!!! if you raise taxes you have money to pay for the national budget ... you also have money to pay for teachers, cops firemen, the extras by hiring more people you have more money coming in ... when you have more money coming in to the coffer you then work with in the national budget, by doing so you create a surplus ... that surplus goes to pay down on the national debt unless you get republicans in power to give it to the rich 1% .. is that dumb down enough for you ??? hence you don't pay the national debt bt cutting taxes ... it has never work and you can't show us anywhere it has worked ... but I can show you by raising taxes,where we did balance the budgett, where we had money to pay for the national debt.:asshole:

If raising taxes to get more revenue, as you say, is the only solution to bringing down the debt - then what's California's excuse? That state is among the highest when it comes to income, and corporate taxes, yet they are having trouble finding ANY kind of surplus? Care to show me why your argument doen't seem to work in that case? Oh, and with all the rich liberal Hollywood "opinionated" (we know what this country needs) types, there's no shortage of those folks paying their "fair share" to help with California's debt crisis. I know, it must be Bush's fault right? Now there's a good cop-out answer :lol:

Last edited:
Repugs facking amaze me, if I own a big business that's has a huge deficit would giving my employees a bigger pay raise lower that deficit? You have to take in more not cut more than you take in.

I what kind of twisted reasoning is a tax cut equivalent to a pay raise? you seem to believe in the idea that all the money that people earn and that the government doesn't take away from them in taxes is somehow a "gift" of the government to the people.

Lets see...losing 700,000 jobs a month when he took office...now we have had 20+ months of job gains. That sounds like an improvement.

Dow doubled since he took office...yup that's improvmenty.

Corporations are raking in record profits. Their economy is certainly improving.

Last I checked, the latest reports showed unemployment numbers didn't reflect the increasing numbers of those dropping out of the workforce and no longer collecting unemployment .

According to a new study out of Northeastern University, half of all college graduates are unemployed or underemployed. No student is immune either, because at Gonzaga University there are plenty of soon-to-be graduates who cannot seem to find a job.

Graduating college students facing bleak job market | Spokane/E. WA - KXLY.com

More than half of college students graduating this June can expect to find either no work, or work that doesn’t utilize their freshly minted skills, according to the Associated Press.

Of the 1.5 million bachelor’s degree holders under age 25, more are likely to be employed as waiters, waitresses, bartenders, or food-service helpers than as engineers, chemists, physicists, or mathematicians. More of them are working in office-related jobs such as receptionists or payroll clerks that in all computer-related jobs put together.

Half of College Grads Find Either No Work or No Degree-Related Work | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Which also explains why the underemployment rate (you know, those numbers the mainstream media doesn't want to report on) is so high. and has grown since Obama took office.

18.30% underemployment as of April 24,2012 with the long term average of 18.75%
US Underemployment Rate

Now add in the record gas prices for feb that haven't really gone down all that much, which increases transportation costs on items such as you find in the supermarket, and it doesn't look like the kind of improvement Obama wants to talk about.

Last edited:
Barry made me a bundle since he has been (s)elected to office.
Hopefully he'll continue the fun the next 4 years.
I spent 308 grand in the last two years and my final balance is basically unchanged.
Shit. Almost reminds me of the Clinton years !:eusa_shhh:
Well. Under Clinton I was invested in the land formerly known as USA.
Ahora ? Yo pienso no.:eusa_hand:

With unemployment numbers still increasingly higher since he first took office, many Americans are finding themselves struggling to now earn the incomes they once had (see our nation's UNDERemployment figures). The cost of energy also is going up, while the push for a new GREEN policy has yet to find a place and take off among many of the nation's consumers. This has only furthered Obama's stubborn resolve to invest more taxpayer dollars into alternative energy corporations, while pushing regulations to cripple those companies that choose to maintain the course of using fossile fuels.

With the economy stagnant and still struggling to recover, as well as facing a huge government spending debt to try and pass the blame on, the real question emerges: Is Obama really concerned about jobs, or with the attempt to steer his Titanic to change the face of America to a radically new direction, where left-wing ideology rules with an iron fist?

Wtih regard to coal:

What I've said is that we would put a cap and trade system in place that is as aggressive, if not more aggressive, than anybody else's out there.

I was the first to call for a 100% auction on the cap and trade system, which means that every unit of carbon or greenhouse gases emitted would be charged to the polluter. That will create a market in which whatever technologies are out there that are being presented, whatever power plants that are being built, that they would have to meet the rigors of that market and the ratcheted down caps that are being placed, imposed every year.

So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted.

That will also generate billions of dollars that we can invest in solar, wind, biodiesel and other alternative energy approaches.

The only thing I've said with respect to coal, I haven't been some coal booster. What I have said is that for us to take coal off the table as a (sic) ideological matter as opposed to saying if technology allows us to use coal in a clean way, we should pursue it.

So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can.

It's just that it will bankrupt them.

Read more: Audio: Obama Tells SF Chronicle He Will Bankrupt Coal Industry | NewsBusters.org

As of 2008, coal fuels about 50 percent of US electricity production and provides about a quarter of the country’s total energy.

Then there's the rejection by Obama and the left of the Keystone pipeline, siting unemployment extensions creates more jobs. Has the administration really fought to put Americans back to work, or is he using his Presidency as a bully platform to dictate what Americans must be willing to accept dispite the effect it may have to a crippling economy?
A consistent 8% unemployment for the last 3 years says no, no matter what these fucking morons on here think, the numbers say otherwise. No he has not. He is the worst president since carter, and maybe even worse being that it is not over yet.

To rocko.........you are dead right. Higher taxes, gives obama more money to blow and it would not go on the deficit. He is a spend spend and spend president and we are further in debt now then ever in our lifetimes. The young people will be saddled with this. Its laughable that anyone thinks obama would take taxes and pay on the deficit. Good grief even proven facts don't sink into some people.

We are in the middle of the first phase of a PERMANENT decrease in American standard of living.

Not for everyone. But for a great many.

When people lost that job paying 22 an hour plus bennies and replaced it with a job paying 12 dollars an hour w/no bennies, then yes, their standard of living has gone down. And wil stay down more than likely. The 22 dollar an hour job went somewhere else.

This is the same reason the recovery has been so slow. People did not lose their good paying job then get called back to work at the good paying job. They went back to work (if lucky) for a lot less on the hour. That loss of hourly rate income will cause a slow recovery.

No.
That is not a recovery.
If you have 50 households whose average income is 80,000....and then 7-8 years later...the average is 65k with 8 of them on 2 years of unemployment...that is not a recovery.
This is what is happening everywhere. It's what happens when Americans buy the cheapest products.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back