Has Obama really helped to improve the economy?

The economy is going to EXPLODE the moment we have a POTUS which is not viewed as anti-business.

Yea, right. And why would that be? Mittens going to send out personal checks to the un employed?

Hate to tell you, but the lack of demand for goods and services is the reason the economy is dragging along. And the lack of demand is based on the lack on disposable income from consumers and the lack of income is the result of so much job losses and or new jobs paying much less. What will mittens to to fix that?

Actually, I think it will be your head that explodes when Obama is re elected. IMO.

It's funny that the "Pro-Business" types like Reagan and George W. Bush led the economy to complete shambles..

Reagan, for example, actually doubled GDP and Federal tax receipts, not to mention the millions of jobs his policies spawned during and well past his Presidency.

You shouldn't do dope and post at the same time.

Hey Snoper, did you EVER find any evidence that tax cuts for the ultra wealthy cause them to hire hire hire?

And the idea that the "investor class", which I take it to mean the Wall Street crowd, hates HATES Obama, is funny as hell. Yea I know they hate HATE the run up in the DOW and NASDAQ. Hate it I say.
Now where was the DOW when Obama took office and where is it now? Do you know? You got any money invested?

I bet you hate it that your investment is worth more now than when George Bush was Pres. How could that be? And you hate HATE it that the Wall street crowd is giving political donations to Obama. Hate it.

But please continue with your fantasy. Don't let your head explode though.

Miss_Cleo.jpg

We are in the middle of the first phase of a PERMANENT decrease in American standard of living.

Reagan, for example, actually doubled GDP and Federal tax receipts,

Wouldn't even bother to correct you. But please remember, we ain't going to elect Ronnie. He's dead.
Even though dead, he would be better than Mittens.

And we are not dealing with an economy from the 1980 ties. No matter how much you want to turn back the clock.

So see if you have any pertinent info that supports your position that a tax cut for the ultra wealthy will do any good for the economy we have right now.

Yea, right. And why would that be? Mittens going to send out personal checks to the un employed?

Hate to tell you, but the lack of demand for goods and services is the reason the economy is dragging along. And the lack of demand is based on the lack on disposable income from consumers and the lack of income is the result of so much job losses and or new jobs paying much less. What will mittens to to fix that?

Actually, I think it will be your head that explodes when Obama is re elected. IMO.

It's funny that the "Pro-Business" types like Reagan and George W. Bush led the economy to complete shambles..

Reagan, for example, actually doubled GDP and Federal tax receipts, not to mention the millions of jobs his policies spawned during and well past his Presidency.

He also ran the debt and deficit sky high..not to mention the bailouts. But that tax reciepts were the result of the biggest tax hike in American history.

He also ran the debt and deficit sky high..not to mention the bailouts.

You have been corrected on your 'complete shambles' nonsense. Up your game.

He also ran the debt and deficit sky high..not to mention the bailouts. But that tax reciepts were the result of the biggest tax hike in American history.

You are gonna get called a bad name if you keep posting the truth.

Which is why this cyclical race to the bottom will hurt the overall economy.

I think the damage to the economy will take many many years to recover from (if ever).
That's what Republicans assumed.....when they finally conceded that Bill Clinton would (probably) win, in 1992.

As it turned-out, the parallels...

.....are pretty-much the same. They both had the BUSH-stamp on them...​

It is quite difficult for a class envy type such as yourself to discuss economics.

Ah lets tell the truth. Trying to discuss ANYTHING, but especially economics, with a cretin like you is a waste of time.

And I have wasted enough of a limited resource. Later all.

It is quite difficult for a class envy type such as yourself to discuss economics.

Ah lets tell the truth. Trying to discuss ANYTHING, but especially economics, with a cretin like you is a waste of time.

And I have wasted enough of a limited resource. Later all.

Leave the heady stuff to those better qualified than yourself.

LOL

He also ran the debt and deficit sky high..not to mention the bailouts.

Haven't been "corrected" at all. Reagan spent like crazy. Of course GDP went up. So did employment in some sectors..mainly those connected with the military. This sort of shoots down your theory of low taxation and government austerity being prescriptions for a growing economy.

Bailouts of the financial and banking industries still took place. As well as subsequent tax increases during the administration of George HW Bush to pay down Reagan's debt.

Last edited:

Haven't been "corrected" at all.

Sure you have. The economy ROCKED under Reagan, moron.

A 'shambles' was what we had under Carter.

Carter's economy was the result of 2 Republican administrations that didn't have a clue as how to deal with inflation and high unemployment. And actually Volcker's induced recession is much of what led to some of Reagan's "success". Along with Reagan wildly spending money he didn't have..

BUll !!!! totally bull !!!! if you raise taxes you have money to pay for the national budget ... you also have money to pay for teachers, cops firemen, the extras by hiring more people you have more money coming in ... when you have more money coming in to the coffer you then work with in the national budget, by doing so you create a surplus ... that surplus goes to pay down on the national debt unless you get republicans in power to give it to the rich 1% .. is that dumb down enough for you ??? hence you don't pay the national debt bt cutting taxes ... it has never work and you can't show us anywhere it has worked ... but I can show you by raising taxes,where we did balance the budgett, where we had money to pay for the national debt

WHY SHOULD OUR TAX DOLLARS GO TO BAIL OUT THE NAT DEBT THAT OBAMA HIMSELF CREATED BY HIS SPENDING AND THROWING OUR MONEY AWAY. AND AS LONG AS OBAMA IS IN OFFICE, OUR TAX DOLLARS SHOULD NOT GO FOR HIS FRIVILOUS SPENDING. HE WOULD ONLY THROW IT ON THINGS OTHER THEN THE DEFICET.
YOU CAN NOT RAISE TAXES ON PEOPLE WHO ARE ALREADY STRUGGLING TO MAKE ENDS MEET, AND MOST OF THEM OUT OF WORK. SIMPLE FACT.
OBAMA HAS HAD 4 YRS TO DO SOMETHING POSTIVE AND HE HAS DONE NOTHING BUT CAUSE US MORE DEBTS AND HARDSHIPS, AND RAISING TAXES SO HE CAN GIVE TO HIS DONORS AND OTHER COUNTRIES AS HE HAS BEEN DOING, IS OUT OF THE QUESTION. IN 4 YRS THIS MAN HAS LITTERALLY RUINED OUR COUNTRY AND LIVELYHOODS AND WANTS TO CONTINUE. NO WAY WOULD ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN ELECT THIS MAN AGAIN AND LET HIM FINISH OFF OUR LIVES AQND COUNTRY.

Haven't been "corrected" at all.

Sure you have. The economy ROCKED under Reagan, moron.

A 'shambles' was what we had under Carter.

Carter's economy was the result of 2 Republican administrations that didn't have a clue as how to deal with inflation and high unemployment.

:lol:

And we weren't discussing the 'why' of Carter's ineptitude.

But why do you always dance and deflect when I destroy your mindless takes, swallow?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back