Has Obama' policies put us in another recession?

When one side has a great number than the other side how can the smaller side block anything?
If I have 22 players on a football field and the other team has 11 will the 11 stop me from scoring a touch down with 22 players?

F.I.L.I.B.U.S.T.E.R.

look it up

excuse me but was there a fillibuster in 2009?

Gee. No. Not any.

Cloture-Invoked3Final.png

Republican Obstruction at Work: Record Number of Filibusters | NEWS JUNKIE POST

The Foxbots DO NOT KNOW about FILIBUSTERS! LOL!! or anything else. Breaking- 10 jobs bills STILL being blocked- Pub types too....Turn off the BS, hoping for your recovery.

Come on Genius. Set the record straight. Name a bill pushed by the Democrats that should have passed but was prevented from doing so by the Republicans. You've said the Republicans blocked everything. I've pointed a number of things the Republicans all voted against but passed anyway.

So your turn. Give us something that SHOULD have passed but the Republicans prevented it from happening.

I just said, there are 10 jobs bills being blocked. READ! I'm not your mother. You are IGNORANT, Foxbot.

Newsvine - Small Business Jobs Bill BLOCKED By GOP
Small Business Jobs Bill BLOCKED By GOP ... republicans, gop, small-business, jobs, bill-blocked
wemustchange.newsvine.com/.../07/...jobs-bill-blocked-by-gop
BILLS THE REPUBLICANS HAVE BLOCKED - GOP
A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they ...
https://sites.google.com/site/gopagenda/bills
Why have Republicans blocked bills that would have created jobs?
Best Answer: Because that is their stated goal. To throw roadblocks in front of any good President Obama might accomplish. OBSTRUCTIONISTS.
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110809123059AAVgJCC

one more time was there any filabusters in 2009 and not projected ones?
cloture - The only procedure by which the Senate can vote to place a time limit on consideration of a bill or other matter, and thereby overcome a filibuster. Under the cloture rule (Rule XXII), the Senate may limit consideration of a pending matter to 30 additional hours, but only by vote of three-fifths of the full Senate, normally 60 votes.

cloture is not a filabuster and you can't stop a filabuster if you're holding the floor.

drsmith
what is your problem?
to start with being this far in debt and having loss 6 million jobs sense 2008 is enough
2007...... 137,598 115,380 22,233 724 7,630 13,879
2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,334 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,557 694 6,016 11,847

2010...... 129,818 107,337 17,755 705 5,526 11,524

*****Obama Administration Tearing Contract Law Apart***** | Market Skeptics
contract law being ignored has not helped

OBAMA ADMINISTRATION ADMITS TO FRAUD- Sebelius Tells Committee Dems Double-Counted $500 BILLION DOLLARS in Obamacare | The Gateway Pundit care/
this 500 billion has not been counted yet, yet anyone with a brain knows its debt forthcoming and the dam law is no yet made it thru constitutional law yet

Already responded to it MORON try reading the thread. BTW repeating it doesn't make it valid.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4021844-post51.html

There is the link to my response seeing that you "missed" it and tried to claim that i haven't responded.

You call that a response?
repeating?
No I am putting information down you have not responded to
we have lost 6 million jobs sense 2008
with the failed stimulus and his portion of tarp, thats not good

He ignored contract law dealing with the UAW
And he double counted the 500 billion

you have not responded to any of that with any facts

Your cowardice is amazing. LOL

You claimed the healthcare bill defied the will of the people so i asked if everything shoudl be based on poll numbers and if so why didn;t the republicans follow suit on the debt ceiling debate. Your response?? To run away.

You made some incoherent coment about meidcare so I asked for some clarification of what you thought you were trying to say. Your response? To run away.

Then you made a comment about job losses sInce 2008 but he only became president in jan 2009 so I questioned you about that claim. Your response? To run away.

Then you made a comment about UAW and contracts and cited an OPED as your source. So I asked for something of substance. Your response? To run away.

Then you cited employment numbers dating back to 2007 so I asked you how you can ONLY blame obama for a situation that began BEFORE he was even president. Your response? To run away.

So at this point you have made many claims but have failed to substnatiate them. Imagine that.

cloture - The only procedure by which the Senate can vote to place a time limit on consideration of a bill or other matter, and thereby overcome a filibuster. Under the cloture rule (Rule XXII), the Senate may limit consideration of a pending matter to 30 additional hours, but only by vote of three-fifths of the full Senate, normally 60 votes.

cloture is not a filabuster and you can't stop a filabuster if you're holding the floor.

/sigh

You guys keep saying this as if it's true.

If it were true, we'd have a public health care option right now.
So the out number GOP stopped obama single handily even though the democrats had the majority and the unusual voting procedure in 2009?

I would say that 2009 vote was the reason the democrats got the shit kicked out of them in 2010

And the GOP was not and has not been successful in stopping Obama from greatly escalating the number of employees in government and the unconscionably high wages they are paid.

Substance to support this??

They weren't succesful in derailing Obamacare.

Nope but it a was a far cry from where it should have been but that doesn't mena that they didn't try to obstruct now does it? The mere fact that you admit that failed menas that you know that they tried.

They weren't successful in getting the Bush tax cuts made permanent.

Nope but they did hold the unemployment benefits hostage until they got the taxcuts extended and besides that if they wanted to make them permanent then why didn't they do so when they had congress and the white house?

They weren't successful in derailing unbelievably irresponsible allocation bills or a trillion dollar stimulus that turned out to be little more than payback to Obama's cronies that he 'owed'.

accusation with no substance imagine that.

They were unable to stop him from keeping American oil producers from drilling in the gulf and then contracting with other countries to buy oil that was being pumped from the gulf.

HUh?? link please.

They were unable to get him to lift restricts and oppressive mandates that are stifling many of our biggest job creating industries.

specifics?? What is your topic and what mandates?

They haven't been able to muzzle him from his continued drumbeat to raise taxes and spend trillions more in stimulus.

You want them to deny the president of the US his right to freedom of speech?? The fact that you are apparently willing to do that to the president shows how far you right wingers will go even if it is a direct confontation with the constitutiion you claim to support.

Obama's policies haven't triggered a new recession. They however have ensured that the one we were in cannot end and will likely continue to deepend in many sectors.

Yeah it's all obama's fault even though republicans obstructed when they gained access to the filibuster and now that they have the house all they have done is cowtow to the tea partiers and have symbolic votes on legislation they know has NO chance of passing.

Funny how the right used to love to rail against the healthcare bill because it was only written by one party and was done behind closed doors. Now that this has become the norm for the house I really don't hear many republicans complaining about that anymore.

/sigh

nothing was obstructed no filabuster happened you are a liar
the big L

So the out number GOP stopped obama single handily even though the democrats had the majority and the unusual voting procedure in 2009?

I would say that 2009 vote was the reason the democrats got the shit kicked out of them in 2010

And the GOP was not and has not been successful in stopping Obama from greatly escalating the number of employees in government and the unconscionably high wages they are paid. They weren't succesful in derailing Obamacare. They weren't successful in getting the Bush tax cuts made permanent. They weren't successful in derailing unbelievably irresponsible allocation bills or a trillion dollar stimulus that turned out to be little more than payback to Obama's cronies that he 'owed'.

They were unable to stop him from keeping American oil producers from drilling in the gulf and then contracting with other countries to buy oil that was being pumped from the gulf. They were unable to get him to lift restricts and oppressive mandates that are stifling many of our biggest job creating industries.

They haven't been able to muzzle him from his continued drumbeat to raise taxes and spend trillions more in stimulus.

Obama's policies haven't triggered a new recession. They however have ensured that the one we were in cannot end and will likely continue to deepend in many sectors.

Exactly how are they suppose to have done these items?
with respect
they got the house of reps 8 months ago
from 07 till then the left owned congress and super owned it 09-10

WRONG! with ted kennedy's passing it left a seat open and it was the deciding 60th vote necessary to override a filibuster and bring about cloture. Scott brown a REPUBLICAN won that seat and democrats lost the super majority on 4 FEB 2010.

Prior to that, they only got the super because arlen spector switched parties on 28 APR 2009.

The dems only had the super for a few days over NINE MONTHS.

Why is it that republicans still believe the myth that dems had the super majority for 2 years when the facts show otherwise?? Are they really that gullible?

And the GOP was not and has not been successful in stopping Obama from greatly escalating the number of employees in government and the unconscionably high wages they are paid. They weren't succesful in derailing Obamacare. They weren't successful in getting the Bush tax cuts made permanent. They weren't successful in derailing unbelievably irresponsible allocation bills or a trillion dollar stimulus that turned out to be little more than payback to Obama's cronies that he 'owed'.

They were unable to stop him from keeping American oil producers from drilling in the gulf and then contracting with other countries to buy oil that was being pumped from the gulf. They were unable to get him to lift restricts and oppressive mandates that are stifling many of our biggest job creating industries.

Exactly how are they suppose to have done these items?
with respect
they got the house of reps 8 months ago
from 07 till then the left owned congress and super owned it 09-10

WRONG! with ted kennedy's passing it left a seat open and it was the deciding 60th vote necessary to override a filibuster and bring about cloture. Scott brown a REPUBLICAN won that seat and democrats lost the super majority on 4 FEB 2010.

Prior to that, they only got the super because arlen spector switched parties on 28 APR 2009.

The dems only had the super for a few days over NINE MONTHS.

Why is it that republicans still believe the myth that dems had the super majority for 2 years when the facts show otherwise?? Are they really that gullible?

Before kennedy died how many did they have?

So tell me stupid before Kennedy died did the have a super majority?

Last edited:
As for your continued rant about Republican obstructionism being the thing that's kept the Obama economic recovery from happening?

If it were in fact true that Republicans held up all of the things that Obama wanted to get done before Arlen Specter changed party affiliation (which didn't really matter since he'd voted along the Democratic party line BEFORE he changed over) there should have been a WAVE of legislation that was passed by Democrats once that happened. So would you like to give me some examples of things they passed that helped the economy? That helped with unemployment? That did ANYTHING to address either the deficit or entitlement reform?

Only IF democrats voted as a block like republicans at that time but unfortunately they did not. Unlike republicans the left doesn't have a name for moderates (RiNOs) and try to force them out and replace them with more right rightwingers.

Unfortunatley obama had to compromise with his own party a lot becasue he wasn;t going to get any votes from the right. The stimulus bill that passed was not his original plan word for word so I find it funny how the right tries to apply predictions of lower unemployment that were made about one plan that was not passed to the one that was actually passed.

Healthcare took up way too much surprisingly becuase after some compromise the public option was trashed and the individual mandate taht republicans once proposed and supported was added republicans then decided they didn't like it. LOL Funny how it wasn't unconstitutional when they proposed it as a counter to the healthcare over haul proposed by clinton in 93.

That NINE MONTHS was a wasted opportunity and I am not proud of it but that does not change the fact that the "elections have consequences (for democrats not republicans)" rightwingers did everything in their power to create a quagmire that they later used to assist their win in the mid term. Now they continue that tactic in the hopes that it will hepl them win the white house.

I just don't see it happeneing with the crop of candidates the right has out there right now.

BTW none of that changes the fact that the dems did NOT have a supermajority for two years.

As for your continued rant about Republican obstructionism being the thing that's kept the Obama economic recovery from happening?

If it were in fact true that Republicans held up all of the things that Obama wanted to get done before Arlen Specter changed party affiliation (which didn't really matter since he'd voted along the Democratic party line BEFORE he changed over) there should have been a WAVE of legislation that was passed by Democrats once that happened. So would you like to give me some examples of things they passed that helped the economy? That helped with unemployment? That did ANYTHING to address either the deficit or entitlement reform?

Only IF democrats voted as a block like republicans at that time but unfortunately they did not. Unlike republicans the left doesn't have a name for moderates (RiNOs) and try to force them out and replace them with more right rightwingers.

Unfortunatley obama had to compromise with his own party a lot becasue he wasn;t going to get any votes from the right. The stimulus bill that passed was not his original plan word for word so I find it funny how the right tries to apply predictions of lower unemployment that were made about one plan that was not passed to the one that was actually passed.

Healthcare took up way too much surprisingly becuase after some compromise the public option was trashed and the individual mandate taht republicans once proposed and supported was added republicans then decided they didn't like it. LOL Funny how it wasn't unconstitutional when they proposed it as a counter to the healthcare over haul proposed by clinton in 93.

That NINE MONTHS was a wasted opportunity and I am not proud of it but that does not change the fact that the "elections have consequences (for democrats not republicans)" rightwingers did everything in their power to create a quagmire that they later used to assist their win in the mid term. Now they continue that tactic in the hopes that it will hepl them win the white house.

I just don't see it happeneing with the crop of candidates the right has out there right now.

BTW none of that changes the fact that the dems did NOT have a supermajority for two years.
:boohoo:Excuses, excuses, excuses.:boohoo:

When in the hell are both the Obamabots and Obama himself going to grow some damn balls and stop with the friggin' ridiculous excuses?.....That shit is wearing thin on the American people, as Obama's continually dropping ratings fully prove.

Enough with the damn excuses.....Enough with the BS that it's the internet, ATM's, Tea Partiers, Republicans, earthquakes, tsunami's, Arab Springs, BAD LUCK, and every other damn excuse Obama and you clowns try to claim.......It's getting to be friggin' ludicrous.

Own up, or simply shut the fuck up, and get the hell outta the way.

Last edited:
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!

After months and months of one of the nation's longest, deepest, and most discouraging recessions, and after been repeatedly told by talking heads on television and by the Obama supporters on the blogs/message boards/and in the printed press that Obama has a coherant plan that has been thwarted by the eeeeee-vul Republican minority. . . . .

At long last today's brand new information is. . . . . .

Obama will unveil his plan to jump start the economy next month.

Isn't that great? After 32 months of leadership, he now has a PLAN!!! Just ignore all those other plans we've been told about ad nauseum. That was so yesterday's news. This is the PLAN!!!! that will save us. Save the world. Stop the oceans from rising at last. Cure uncurable diseases. Make the poor affluent. And finally put all those nasty rich people in their proper place. That even the Republicans can't screw up.

Aren't you excited?

You whine about leadership but didn't boehner have to go crawling back to the tea party caucus and give them whatever they wanted?? How is that leadership?

Getting melodramatic doesn't validate the content, or lack there of, of your posts so why bother?

Look, when the people you support came out with proposals to increase taxes for all those making $250,000 and above, pushed for Cap & Trade legislation that would have raised the energy costs of American businesses through the roof,

Would have but it didn't happen so what relevance does that have?

Don't see the relevance? explain. Would have??

at that point verifying safety since shortcuts and inefficiency contributed to the gulf coast oil spill putting a freeze on it seemed approriate to me at the time. If you car has a recall on it because the brakes are failing do you keep driving it and not take it in to get it fixed?

relevance and link?

So even though the state overstepped their bounds you wish to argue tht it's ok becuase the fed didn't do their job to your approval?? What kind of reasoning is that? Furthermore, if that is a waste of money then what about the lawsuits over healthcare by all of these cash strapped states??

relevance and link?

the job creators are sitting on the taxcut money they have room to spare. after all it's not as if they were creating jobs with it to begin with. Although it didn't go far enough they should have just made medicare the public option and had people buy into the which would have assisted the funding of that program and kept it solvent for years to come. oh and LINK?

there is that WOULD HAVE again. So was it passed inot law or not?

relevance and link?

I'm probably missing quite a few of the things this Administration is responsible for but it's been a never ending progression of new legislation that strangles the Private Sector ever since these guys took office. The fact is...they don't like business...and they don't understand business.

What bothers me most about people like you is how oblivious you seem to be about what has occurred and how it impacts our economy.

oblivious?? actually I am just not blinded by partisan hatred and willingly accepting everything I am told by rightwing media sources without question. And before you even think about it I probably watch more foxnews than i do of any other channel. I like to the spion from the source then I can come on here and have it repeated verbatum. LOL

BTW do you have links to support your claims and show how policies that were actually enacted have done what was claimed? these would haves that you keep throwing out kind of lead people to think you are grasping at straws because you have very little to base your position on.

Links to back up things that anyone paying the slightest attention to what's been going on the the news for the past 2 1/2 years should instantly recognize? Are you serious? What of the things that I brought up don't you think ever happened?

Here's a concept that you (and the Obama Administration) don't seem to grasp. Just because something isn't passed...like Cap & Trade and Card Check...doesn't mean that telling the business community that you are seeking its passage won't make them react. Businesses make plans on what they think will occur in the future. When you have an administration that repeatedly calls for anti-business legislation and has majorities in the House and Senate to pass legislation, it's going to effect the way businesses invest. If Barack Obama had ever run a business he'd understand how that works but because he hasn't...he kept spouting rhetoric to appease his "base" while making business decision makers leery. Then he'd scratch his head and wonder why investment capital was sitting on the sidelines. We went through that same farce over and over...and he STILL doesn't get it!

As for things they actually DID? The moratorium on all drilling permits...deep water and shallow water...following the Gulf oil spill is a perfect example of why this Administration is crippling our economy. Shallow water drillers have an incredible safety record. In something like the last 20 years the total amount of oil spilled from a shallow water drill site is a couple hundred barrels. The problem was with deep water drilling. But the guy that Obama put in charge over at the Dept. of the Interior, Ken Salazar...employed the "don't let a crisis go to waste" theory and shut down permits on ALL drilling...deep water and shallow water. Doing so put tens of thousands of people in a region already devastated by Katrina out of work. Then despite cries from DEMOCRATS from that area that the policy was devastating, Salazar kept that moratorium in place month after month. That's the kind of thing that the Obama Administration has done since they took office. It's the kind of thing that kills our economy.

And do you honestly not know that the rule of law was ignored by the Obama Administration when they took over General Motors? They moved their union pals up to the front of the line of creditors leaving regular investors holding the bag.

So in other words you have NO links and all of your arguments are vague generalizations based on assumptions that you make based on your personal opinions that there was a "reaction" to something that never was real?? Got it.

You make lots of claims with little to no substance and then try to claim that everyone should know what you are talking about and if they don't then they are stupid. why do you avoid substantiating your claims?

Would have but it didn't happen so what relevance does that have?

Don't see the relevance? explain. Would have??

at that point verifying safety since shortcuts and inefficiency contributed to the gulf coast oil spill putting a freeze on it seemed approriate to me at the time. If you car has a recall on it because the brakes are failing do you keep driving it and not take it in to get it fixed?

relevance and link?

So even though the state overstepped their bounds you wish to argue tht it's ok becuase the fed didn't do their job to your approval?? What kind of reasoning is that? Furthermore, if that is a waste of money then what about the lawsuits over healthcare by all of these cash strapped states??

relevance and link?

the job creators are sitting on the taxcut money they have room to spare. after all it's not as if they were creating jobs with it to begin with. Although it didn't go far enough they should have just made medicare the public option and had people buy into the which would have assisted the funding of that program and kept it solvent for years to come. oh and LINK?

there is that WOULD HAVE again. So was it passed inot law or not?

relevance and link?

oblivious?? actually I am just not blinded by partisan hatred and willingly accepting everything I am told by rightwing media sources without question. And before you even think about it I probably watch more foxnews than i do of any other channel. I like to the spion from the source then I can come on here and have it repeated verbatum. LOL

BTW do you have links to support your claims and show how policies that were actually enacted have done what was claimed? these would haves that you keep throwing out kind of lead people to think you are grasping at straws because you have very little to base your position on.

Links to back up things that anyone paying the slightest attention to what's been going on the the news for the past 2 1/2 years should instantly recognize? Are you serious? What of the things that I brought up don't you think ever happened?

Here's a concept that you (and the Obama Administration) don't seem to grasp. Just because something isn't passed...like Cap & Trade and Card Check...doesn't mean that telling the business community that you are seeking its passage won't make them react. Businesses make plans on what they think will occur in the future. When you have an administration that repeatedly calls for anti-business legislation and has majorities in the House and Senate to pass legislation, it's going to effect the way businesses invest. If Barack Obama had ever run a business he'd understand how that works but because he hasn't...he kept spouting rhetoric to appease his "base" while making business decision makers leery. Then he'd scratch his head and wonder why investment capital was sitting on the sidelines. We went through that same farce over and over...and he STILL doesn't get it!

As for things they actually DID? The moratorium on all drilling permits...deep water and shallow water...following the Gulf oil spill is a perfect example of why this Administration is crippling our economy. Shallow water drillers have an incredible safety record. In something like the last 20 years the total amount of oil spilled from a shallow water drill site is a couple hundred barrels. The problem was with deep water drilling. But the guy that Obama put in charge over at the Dept. of the Interior, Ken Salazar...employed the "don't let a crisis go to waste" theory and shut down permits on ALL drilling...deep water and shallow water. Doing so put tens of thousands of people in a region already devastated by Katrina out of work. Then despite cries from DEMOCRATS from that area that the policy was devastating, Salazar kept that moratorium in place month after month. That's the kind of thing that the Obama Administration has done since they took office. It's the kind of thing that kills our economy.

And do you honestly not know that the rule of law was ignored by the Obama Administration when they took over General Motors? They moved their union pals up to the front of the line of creditors leaving regular investors holding the bag.

So in other words you have NO links and all of your arguments are vague generalizations based on assumptions that you make based on your personal opinions that there was a "reaction" to something that never was real?? Got it.

You make lots of claims with little to no substance and then try to claim that everyone should know what you are talking about and if they don't then they are stupid. why do you avoid substantiating your claims?
Christ, pick up a damn newspaper, watch the news, study what's going on. Educate yourself, dammit!

Christ, all you want is somebody to constantly hold your damn hand.

Obvious is obvious.......You're just too damn stuck in your worship and love of all things Obama.......You will never except anything as proof. Even when the proof does not need proving.

Grow the fuck up, lil' man........Your sorry, whiney, ankle biting schtick is worn the fuck out.

Jobs? Pubs have blocked everything since 11/2009, and suggested nothing. Pub dupes!!

In order for Republicans to block something...Democrats would actually have to PROPOSE something in the first place. I suppose you blame the Democrats not being able to come up with a budget on the Republicans? Too funny...

In the 110th Congress of 2007-2008, with Republicans in the minority, there were a record 112 cloture votes. In the current session of Congress – the 111th – for all of 2009 and the first two months of 2010 the number already exceeds 40. The most the filibuster has been used when Democrats were in the minority was 58 times in the 106th Congress of 1999-2000.

During most of Obama's first year in office and for a few weeks this year, 58 Democratic senators and two Independents who normally vote with them held a filibuster-proof 60-seat majority in the Senate.

That vanished last month when Massachusetts Republican Scott Brown captured the seat of the late Sen. Ted Kennedy, who died last summer

GOP Filibuster Record: Republicans Using Obstruction Tool With Astonishing Frequency.

I know it's huffington but if the right can use an oped from a blog which was offered as proof to me then huffington should work just fine.

Has Obama' policies put us in another recession?

Extremely unlikely. The current Administration hasn’t been in office long enough for its policies, such as they are, to have any impact on the economy, good or bad. And these are hardly ‘Obama’s policies, as he’s merely continuing the same policies used by GWB toward the end of his term and the same policies McCain would have used had he’d been president.

If there’s another recession, it will be the consequence of consumers over-burdened with debt without the means to spend, an almost non-existent housing market, continued economic turmoil in the EU, and corporations unwilling to invest their enormous cash reserves and/or hire new employees because they know consumers can’t spend.

Forum List

Back