Has Obama' policies put us in another recession?

If Obama or the Democrats had EVER laid out a coherant plan of action at any time since the Democrats took over Congress in 2006, they might have a case that the GOP made it difficult for them to get anything done. But it seems to me they got a hell of a lot done that most of the American people didn't want done. So how come they couldn't get anything done that most of the American people did want to be done?

And when the GOP had the power, how come it was THEIR fault that something didn't get done instead of the fault of the Democratic minority?

Sometimes the naivete of much of the American left is just amazing. They'll believe anything rather that believe that their elected leaders are clueless or corrupt or incompetent.

Most people wanted a public option in the healthcare bill.

Its that simple really

Only to a simpleton.

Threats of higher taxes? Yes but the job creators have had the taxcuts for years and cut jobs instead of creating them so that argument from the right is worthless. W's taxcuts were extended under that argument last time so where are the jobs?

Specifics on the lawful contract claim please.

expanded entitlements?? I can only assume that you mean the healthcare bill bedause in the midterms the right used the fact that part of the healthcare bill cut waste from medicare as a campaign issue to get votes only to try to destroy medicare as we know it once they came into office.

Heavy handed regulation?? Specifics??

Look, when the people you support came out with proposals to increase taxes for all those making $250,000 and above, pushed for Cap & Trade legislation that would have raised the energy costs of American businesses through the roof,

Would have but it didn't happen so what relevance does that have?

for Card Check legislation that would have done away with the secret ballot for unionization,

Don't see the relevance? explain. Would have??

Gulf Coast oil spill as an excuse to freeze drilling permits putting tens of thousands of people out of work,

at that point verifying safety since shortcuts and inefficiency contributed to the gulf coast oil spill putting a freeze on it seemed approriate to me at the time. If you car has a recall on it because the brakes are failing do you keep driving it and not take it in to get it fixed?

side stepped Congressional oversight and gave the EPA the authority to determine what allowable carbon emission levels would be

relevance and link?

had the Justice Department sue States for trying to enforce illegal immigration law that they themselves were negligent in enforcing,

So even though the state overstepped their bounds you wish to argue tht it's ok becuase the fed didn't do their job to your approval?? What kind of reasoning is that? Furthermore, if that is a waste of money then what about the lawsuits over healthcare by all of these cash strapped states??

had that same Justice Department sue a corporation simply because they chose to build a new plant in a right to work State,

relevance and link?

passed a health care entitlement that raises the costs of businesses throughout the country,

the job creators are sitting on the taxcut money they have room to spare. after all it's not as if they were creating jobs with it to begin with. Although it didn't go far enough they should have just made medicare the public option and had people buy into the which would have assisted the funding of that program and kept it solvent for years to come. oh and LINK?

passed legislation that would have forced businesses to fill out a Federal form every time they purchased goods or services over $300

there is that WOULD HAVE again. So was it passed inot law or not?

ignored existing laws governing how creditors should be paid off so that they could take care of the UAW a union that supported them with millions in campaign contributions.

relevance and link?

I'm probably missing quite a few of the things this Administration is responsible for but it's been a never ending progression of new legislation that strangles the Private Sector ever since these guys took office. The fact is...they don't like business...and they don't understand business.

What bothers me most about people like you is how oblivious you seem to be about what has occurred and how it impacts our economy.

oblivious?? actually I am just not blinded by partisan hatred and willingly accepting everything I am told by rightwing media sources without question. And before you even think about it I probably watch more foxnews than i do of any other channel. I like to the spion from the source then I can come on here and have it repeated verbatum. LOL

BTW do you have links to support your claims and show how policies that were actually enacted have done what was claimed? these would haves that you keep throwing out kind of lead people to think you are grasping at straws because you have very little to base your position on.

Last edited:
No worries people!

Obama's off to Martha's Vineyard, and will have that "plan" sometime in September!

All is good!........The Ineptness In Chief is on the job!.......No worries!......The "bad luck" is almost over.

Christ, that slapdick has had two and a half damn years to come up with a "plan".

Bottom line, we're screwed!

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!

After months and months of one of the nation's longest, deepest, and most discouraging recessions, and after been repeatedly told by talking heads on television and by the Obama supporters on the blogs/message boards/and in the printed press that Obama has a coherant plan that has been thwarted by the eeeeee-vul Republican minority. . . . .

At long last today's brand new information is. . . . . .

Obama will unveil his plan to jump start the economy next month.

Isn't that great? After 32 months of leadership, he now has a PLAN!!! Just ignore all those other plans we've been told about ad nauseum. That was so yesterday's news. This is the PLAN!!!! that will save us. Save the world. Stop the oceans from rising at last. Cure uncurable diseases. Make the poor affluent. And finally put all those nasty rich people in their proper place. That even the Republicans can't screw up.

Aren't you excited?

Last edited:
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!

After months and months of one of the nation's longest, deepest, and most discouraging recessions, and after been repeatedly told by talking heads on television and by the Obama supporters on the blogs/message boards/and in the printed press that Obama has a coherant plan that has been thwarted by the eeeeee-vul Republican minority. . . . .

Isn't that great? After 32 months of leadership, he now has a PLAN!!! Just ignore all those other plans we've been told about ad nauseum. That was so yesterday's news. This is the PLAN!!!! that will save us. Save the world. Stop the oceans from rising at last. Cure uncurable diseases. Make the poor affluent. And finally put all those nasty rich people in their proper place.

Aren't you excited?

And no doubt the "plan" will be a doubling down of the same stupid stuff that hasn't worked.

These folks are sooooooooooooooooo smart.

Only to a simpleton.

Threats of higher taxes? Yes but the job creators have had the taxcuts for years and cut jobs instead of creating them so that argument from the right is worthless. W's taxcuts were extended under that argument last time so where are the jobs?

Specifics on the lawful contract claim please.

expanded entitlements?? I can only assume that you mean the healthcare bill bedause in the midterms the right used the fact that part of the healthcare bill cut waste from medicare as a campaign issue to get votes only to try to destroy medicare as we know it once they came into office.

Heavy handed regulation?? Specifics??

Look, when the people you support came out with proposals to increase taxes for all those making $250,000 and above, pushed for Cap & Trade legislation that would have raised the energy costs of American businesses through the roof,

Would have but it didn't happen so what relevance does that have?

Don't see the relevance? explain. Would have??

at that point verifying safety since shortcuts and inefficiency contributed to the gulf coast oil spill putting a freeze on it seemed approriate to me at the time. If you car has a recall on it because the brakes are failing do you keep driving it and not take it in to get it fixed?

relevance and link?

So even though the state overstepped their bounds you wish to argue tht it's ok becuase the fed didn't do their job to your approval?? What kind of reasoning is that? Furthermore, if that is a waste of money then what about the lawsuits over healthcare by all of these cash strapped states??

relevance and link?

the job creators are sitting on the taxcut money they have room to spare. after all it's not as if they were creating jobs with it to begin with. Although it didn't go far enough they should have just made medicare the public option and had people buy into the which would have assisted the funding of that program and kept it solvent for years to come. oh and LINK?

there is that WOULD HAVE again. So was it passed inot law or not?

ignored existing laws governing how creditors should be paid off so that they could take care of the UAW a union that supported them with millions in campaign contributions.

relevance and link?

I'm probably missing quite a few of the things this Administration is responsible for but it's been a never ending progression of new legislation that strangles the Private Sector ever since these guys took office. The fact is...they don't like business...and they don't understand business.

What bothers me most about people like you is how oblivious you seem to be about what has occurred and how it impacts our economy.

oblivious?? actually I am just not blinded by partisan hatred and willingly accepting everything I am told by rightwing media sources without question. And before you even think about it I probably watch more foxnews than i do of any other channel. I like to the spion from the source then I can come on here and have it repeated verbatum. LOL

BTW do you have links to support your claims and show how policies that were actually enacted have done what was claimed? these would haves that you keep throwing out kind of lead people to think you are grasping at straws because you have very little to base your position on.

Links to back up things that anyone paying the slightest attention to what's been going on the the news for the past 2 1/2 years should instantly recognize? Are you serious? What of the things that I brought up don't you think ever happened?

Here's a concept that you (and the Obama Administration) don't seem to grasp. Just because something isn't passed...like Cap & Trade and Card Check...doesn't mean that telling the business community that you are seeking its passage won't make them react. Businesses make plans on what they think will occur in the future. When you have an administration that repeatedly calls for anti-business legislation and has majorities in the House and Senate to pass legislation, it's going to effect the way businesses invest. If Barack Obama had ever run a business he'd understand how that works but because he hasn't...he kept spouting rhetoric to appease his "base" while making business decision makers leery. Then he'd scratch his head and wonder why investment capital was sitting on the sidelines. We went through that same farce over and over...and he STILL doesn't get it!

As for things they actually DID? The moratorium on all drilling permits...deep water and shallow water...following the Gulf oil spill is a perfect example of why this Administration is crippling our economy. Shallow water drillers have an incredible safety record. In something like the last 20 years the total amount of oil spilled from a shallow water drill site is a couple hundred barrels. The problem was with deep water drilling. But the guy that Obama put in charge over at the Dept. of the Interior, Ken Salazar...employed the "don't let a crisis go to waste" theory and shut down permits on ALL drilling...deep water and shallow water. Doing so put tens of thousands of people in a region already devastated by Katrina out of work. Then despite cries from DEMOCRATS from that area that the policy was devastating, Salazar kept that moratorium in place month after month. That's the kind of thing that the Obama Administration has done since they took office. It's the kind of thing that kills our economy.

And do you honestly not know that the rule of law was ignored by the Obama Administration when they took over General Motors? They moved their union pals up to the front of the line of creditors leaving regular investors holding the bag.

Last edited:
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!

Isn't that great? After 32 months of leadership, he now has a PLAN!!! Just ignore all those other plans we've been told about ad nauseum. That was so yesterday's news. This is the PLAN!!!! that will save us. Save the world. Stop the oceans from rising at last. Cure uncurable diseases. Make the poor affluent. And finally put all those nasty rich people in their proper place. That even the Republicans can't screw up.

Aren't you excited?
Yep.....He's gonna take care of all those ATM's, the internet, Tea Partiers, Republicans, earthquakes, tsunami's, Arab Springs, and "bad luck" that have fucked things up.

That's right, he's on the job!........Lets borrow, spend, refuse to balance the budget, and BUILD SOME DAMN ROADS AND BRIDGES, DAMMIT!........LETS GO!.......HOOOOOOOOOO RAAAAAAAAH!

Last edited:
Jobs? Pubs have blocked everything since 11/2009, and suggested nothing. Pub dupes!!

In order for Republicans to block something...Democrats would actually have to PROPOSE something in the first place. I suppose you blame the Democrats not being able to come up with a budget on the Republicans? Too funny...

Jobs? Pubs have blocked everything since 11/2009, and suggested nothing. Pub dupes!!

When one side has a great number than the other side how can the smaller side block anything?
If I have 22 players on a football field and the other team has 11 will the 11 stop me from scoring a touch down with 22 players?

When one side has a great number than the other side how can the smaller side block anything?
If I have 22 players on a football field and the other team has 11 will the 11 stop me from scoring a touch down with 22 players?

F.I.L.I.B.U.S.T.E.R.

look it up

F.I.L.I.B.U.S.T.E.R.

look it up

excuse me but was there a fillibuster in 2009?

The stimulus helped keep us out of recession. Now that it is ending, the economy will slow.

His other policies have created uncertainty, which is inhibiting spending and slowing the economy. Healthcare reform has been particularly noticeable but smaller things like the Labor Relations Board ruling against Boeing have also been bad.

The economy would be weak, even if we had the most pro-business President in the history of the union. We are living through the aftermath of a balance sheet recession. Recoveries are always weak after asset bubbles collapse. That is their nature.

Lordy, I WISH the Republicans had been able to block that unconscionable appropriations bill the the Democrats passed first rattle out of the box in 2009. I WISH they had been able to block some appointments Obama made. I WISH they had been able to put the second half of TARP back in the treasury and had been able to block a stimulus bill that accomplished little more than swell the deficits for years to come and accomplished little more than to pay off Obama's campaign 'debts'. I WISH they had been able to block Obamacare.

There's a whole lot of Americans that alos wish all that along with me.

I would like the Obama worshippers to point to ANY.....and I do mean ANY initiative of Congress that should have passed, should have been supported, should now be in effect, but that was prevented by the Republicans.

The Foxbots DO NOT KNOW about FILIBUSTERS! LOL!! or anything else. Breaking- 10 jobs bills STILL being blocked- Pub types too....Turn off the BS, hoping for your recovery.

Come on Genius. Set the record straight. Name a bill pushed by the Democrats that should have passed but was prevented from doing so by the Republicans. You've said the Republicans blocked everything. I've pointed a number of things the Republicans all voted against but passed anyway.

So your turn. Give us something that SHOULD have passed but the Republicans prevented it from happening.

RE: has Obama's policies put us in recession

To be fair, it is a combination of reckless corporate freedom at taxpayers' expense without Constitutional checks and balances on those actions and influence and collective resources

AND the inability or inaction to do anything to correct it

Both the R and D party are equally to blame.

The only parties I have seen criticize equally are the smaller ones who don't
get corporate funding for financing their campaigns:

Greens (who publicly campaign against abuse of corporate personhood)
and the Libertarians and Constitutionalists
where their arguments are on Constitutional grounds, not party politics.

All people are guilty somewhat of using negative campaigning to discredit
or decry other parties; but as long as the corrections are based on the
Constitution, that would be independent of party. I don't see a lot of that.

I see more criticisms than corrections going on.
And more people criticize others than correct their own party
so that is where all are equally to blame for the lack of any restitution
for the govt and corporate wrongdoing that cost taxpayers and escalated the debts.

Forum List

Back