Has Obama just snatched defeat from victory?

See? This is the kind of excited bullshit the right practices which irritates the hell out of me. He did not and has not done any such a thing to anybody but the troglodyte patsies who soak up the GOP rumor machine.

If the GOP ever wants my vote again, they'll have to first acknowledge that Barack Obama is legitimately the President of the United States, elected freely and openly by The People and not some conspiratorial, illegitimate usurper.

To absolutely refuse to accept the Will of The People puts the GOP in the position of having contempt for the Constitution, not Barack Obama.

All I can say is you not a well educated as you think you are. You might want to listen to some of his interviews while holding state office. One in particular where he complained that the Constitution was a charter of negative liberties placing too many restraints on government and how the Warren court didn't go far enough to erode those restraints. But the fact he would nominate a person who removed the requirement for Constitutional studies, from the Harvard law curriculum, to the supreme court should have given you pause.

Add to that his spending millions to keep his academic and passport records from us, where we know less about his past than any previous president. These are all facts, you can call they talking points if it makes it easier to live with your decision, but just his record on how he conducted himself in his previous elections was enough to lose my vote. He has never really campaigned on issues, he's always used the Alinski tactics of personal destruction and catchy marketing. Of course it's way too late for anything now, we are stuck with him for another 4 years.
Anyone who believes the crap your MessiahRushie and GOP hate media spews is definitely not as well educated as you think you are, or as well read for that matter.

In the actual quote, and not the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood's perversion of the quote, Obama says the WARREN COURT saw the Constitution as a charter of negative liberties!

Don't you misinformed voters ever check any of your sources??????

You partially address one point, you got anything on the others?

As for what he said on his radio interview, here's a link, let the folks decide for themselves what he said about the court and his opinions of redistribution.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkpdNtTgQNM]2001 Obama WBEZ Interview Redistribution Wealth Warren Court - YouTube[/ame]

The President and his advisors may have just made a major mistake in the fiscal cliff and debt ceiling negotiations. In fact, they may have just saved the Republican's bacon.

Obama's "Plan B," the stripped down version he's pushing now, has nothing in it the GOP can't vote against. Oh, some wheeling and dealing might be done which allows them to kick the ball on into next year, but adding in his insistence upon passing some kind of gun legislation immediately has given the GOP leverage they didn't have earlier this week.

By making gun legislation a signature item, attaching his name to it and demanding it be done forthwith, he's handed the GOP a weapon they can beat him to death with. Resisting gun legislation is a no-brainer for the GOP and they lose nothing by refusing to even consider it. Not only that, but they can harvest enormous amounts of political hay because it seems to prove what the Nutter's have been saying all along: "Obama's coming to get your guns!"

Whether or not that's true, it DOES put the House into the position of basically saying, "You want a gun bill? Fine, we'll pass something...BUT you'd better back off on taxing the rich and you'd better offer up some serious budget cuts or your gun bill dies right here." They have nothing to lose and much to gain by holding that position.

Obama never has been a really strong leader and he's not always gotten good political advice from his inner circle. That seems to be the case now and he might have just punked his own hand.

What do we have here, a zombie coming out of his comma? You just now figuring out Maobama is not a strong leader who has surrounded himself by a bunch of incompetents and academics. Could you really have expected less from an incompetent academic, the old saying that "people that can do and people that can't teach", became an old saying by being true. I just hope the country survives the idiot.

And yet somehow you nutbags couldn't stop him from getting 4 more years...

All electing Obama proved is the country's IQ has slipped, you're a prime example...

What do we have here, a zombie coming out of his comma? You just now figuring out Maobama is not a strong leader who has surrounded himself by a bunch of incompetents and academics. Could you really have expected less from an incompetent academic, the old saying that "people that can do and people that can't teach", became an old saying by being true. I just hope the country survives the idiot.

And yet somehow you nutbags couldn't stop him from getting 4 more years...

All electing Obama proved is the country's IQ has slipped, you're a prime example...

Share some more of that bitterness, I thrive on it. :)

Obama is playing chess; NaziCons are playing checkers...poorly...

NaziCons keep saying king me, king me - but they have nothing to king...

Cmon Republicans! you all cant be this stupid.

Cantor stabbed Bhoner in the back, further taking away any sort of remaining mojo the GOP once thought to have had.

Obama is only one end of the triangle that is the our government. He needs the house to pass a bill that he can sign, so in no way is this a loss for Obama, until perhaps a bill is on his desk that he veto's. Keep telling yourself that tho, wont be any skin off my back. Also, poll after poll keep showing the GOP will take the blame for this fiscal cliff and rightfully so. Good look looking completely incompetent heading into 2014, even the redistricting shenanigans wont save that ass this time.

o-gold.jpg

Yet you admittedly voted twice for an individual who plainly stated his contempt for the Constitution. I find that perplexing.

See? This is the kind of excited bullshit the right practices which irritates the hell out of me. He did not and has not done any such a thing to anybody but the troglodyte patsies who soak up the GOP rumor machine.

If the GOP ever wants my vote again, they'll have to first acknowledge that Barack Obama is legitimately the President of the United States, elected freely and openly by The People and not some conspiratorial, illegitimate usurper.

To absolutely refuse to accept the Will of The People puts the GOP in the position of having contempt for the Constitution, not Barack Obama.

I think most Republicans do.

The problem is that the Internet amplifies the nutters, and they seem bigger than they are, though admittedly and disturbingly, it's not an insignificant minority.

And it only took 3 minutes for verification. One of the resident 'nutters' crawled out from under mommy's bed in the very next post...:razz:

Last edited:
No. I've said all along that Obama has some serious limitations at leadership. I've said that since he failed to offer up his version of a healthcare reform bill and basically wasn't involved in crafting it. At one point, I even went so far as to tell my friends I wouldn't vote for him again because of his weak leadership. Of course, that was before the GOP offered up their Clown Car Cavalcade of Candidates and I had to reconsider.

What you have here, and probably have difficulty understanding, is a voter who keeps up, who studies, who understands the political system and how it works. What you DON'T have is a closed-minded ideologue who sees and hears only what he wants to hear.

The only ideologies I subscribe to are the Constitution and good government.
Yet you voted for obama twice? I'm calling bullshit on that.

I'm not a closed minded ideologue myself, but there are principles I absolutely refuse to compromise on.

Sorry. I just can't stand Mitt Romney and never could. He has ambitions he won't explain and I don't trust him. Never did. I've never trusted Santorum or Brownback either because of their gratuitous sucking up to the Evangelical's (who I also can't stand) or Newt Gingrich. Oddly, there was one GOP candidate I MIGHT have voted for before she proved herself to be really batshit crazy: Bachmann. At first glance, she seemed alright enough to vote for, but that false impression didn't last long.

And, by the way, I also have principles I won't compromise and one of them is that I will never again be fooled into voting for the Neo-Conservative American Fascist's. They conned me out of my vote in 1980,84,88,92,96 and 2000, but MY blinders come off in 2004.

A couple of more principles I won't compromise is my absolute dedication to truth and justice. All I've seen from the right since 2008 is a relentless campaign of lies and character assassination directed at the person of Barack Obama and that turns my stomach. If a party wants to win on it's merits, I'll consider it. If it wants to win by creating an aura of fear and distrust about the other side, they've lost my vote.

All things considered, Obama was the best choice for the country this year and still is, weaknesses not withstanding.

Nah you're not a blind ideologue. Merely stupid.

Cmon Republicans! you all cant be this stupid.

Cantor stabbed Bhoner in the back, further taking away any sort of remaining mojo the GOP once thought to have had.

Obama is only one end of the triangle that is the our government. He needs the house to pass a bill that he can sign, so in no way is this a loss for Obama, until perhaps a bill is on his desk that he veto's. Keep telling yourself that tho, wont be any skin off my back. Also, poll after poll keep showing the GOP will take the blame for this fiscal cliff and rightfully so. Good look looking completely incompetent heading into 2014, even the redistricting shenanigans wont save that ass this time.

Obama's version of compromise is my way or the highway. With that attitude he will get sequestration and all the tax increases he's been pushing for. Hello fiscal cliff.
The Dems can run on this achievement in 2014.

Obama's version of compromise is my way or the highway.

roger that, its called HE WON the election and has the upper hand. Its how politics go. But shoot, keep thinking the GOP will win over America with this nonsense. the polls show Obama will skate through this untouched

Dems wont have to run on the failure of this Congress, the GOP is doing that for them. Everyone and their Grandma knows the GOP has been the party of no. Now Obama has turned the table, hes saying NO, and the GOP has no where to turn but looking like a bunch of complete idiots.

roger that, its called HE WON the election and has the upper hand. Its how politics go. But shoot, keep thinking the GOP will win over America with this nonsense. the polls show Obama will skate through this untouched

Dems wont have to run on the failure of this Congress, the GOP is doing that for them. Everyone and their Grandma knows the GOP has been the party of no. Now Obama has turned the table, hes saying NO, and the GOP has no where to turn but looking like a bunch of complete idiots.
If that helps you sleep at night.

you do realize that Obama cannot control the United States purse or taxation, right? There is another branch of government that is responsible for that. A CO-EQUAL branch of government.

Guess what. They won elections too......

Right now, it is the Democrats in the Senate and the Executive that are obstructing a way forward.

Boner screwed up by offering a tax increase anyway. I'm glad he was snapped back like a plebe on initiation night.

Any tax increase is just posturing and will accomplish nothing.

Spending cuts is the only balanced way out of our mess.

Spending cuts is the only balanced way out of our mess.

yep, the military will get a nice chunk of money taken away, and as a USAF vet, its about time.

Point at Obama all you want, he was voted n for a second time, that means very little entitlement cuts. Tough titty said the kitty GOPers. Playing the same game they have for the past 4 years is only damaging the brand even more. It literally looks like they are going to continue to stay the party of NO just to protect the wealthy. Thats going to look real good come election time.

I guess none of the GOP members in the House or Senate won their election.
Tool.

the only reason Republicans kept control of the House is after the 2010 election Republicans gerrymandered districts borders.

But, don't you see? You're doing the same thing as the right does: You're denying the legitimacy of the The People's will.

Sure they gerrymandered districts. Hell, gerrymandering is as old as the Republic and every party has done it when they got the chance.

They can redraw the lines all they like, but nobody follows voters into the polling booth and makes them vote one way or the other. They are still free to vote their will and they did so in those districts. That's the representatives those people wanted in Washington and pretending that isn't so leads to nothing but refuting the very foundation of the Constitution and more gridlock because it makes it possible to just ignore the desires of their constituents.

And, by the way, the total vote count for the House means diddly squat. Members aren't elected by the total vote, but by the votes cast in THEIR district and THAT'S who they represent.

What you say may be true, but you missed my point. Obama and the Democrats have more support than conservatives are willing to accept, or admit.

I hear a lot of them saying all the GOP has to do is more FARTHER to the right.

Good luck with that.

They CAN'T admit wide support for the President and the Democrats because doing so would reveal the paucity of their own policies and the shallowness of their radical base. The GOP really does represent the minority opinion and that minority is shrinking even as we speak.

To admit that would force them to re-examine, and reject, the very things they've stood for over the past 30 years. It would tantamount to admitting, "My whole life has been a waste." Who wants to do that?

Ultimately, of course, they'll have to or die on the vine.

Yet you voted for obama twice? I'm calling bullshit on that.

I'm not a closed minded ideologue myself, but there are principles I absolutely refuse to compromise on.

Sorry. I just can't stand Mitt Romney and never could. He has ambitions he won't explain and I don't trust him. Never did. I've never trusted Santorum or Brownback either because of their gratuitous sucking up to the Evangelical's (who I also can't stand) or Newt Gingrich. Oddly, there was one GOP candidate I MIGHT have voted for before she proved herself to be really batshit crazy: Bachmann. At first glance, she seemed alright enough to vote for, but that false impression didn't last long.

And, by the way, I also have principles I won't compromise and one of them is that I will never again be fooled into voting for the Neo-Conservative American Fascist's. They conned me out of my vote in 1980,84,88,92,96 and 2000, but MY blinders come off in 2004.

A couple of more principles I won't compromise is my absolute dedication to truth and justice. All I've seen from the right since 2008 is a relentless campaign of lies and character assassination directed at the person of Barack Obama and that turns my stomach. If a party wants to win on it's merits, I'll consider it. If it wants to win by creating an aura of fear and distrust about the other side, they've lost my vote.

All things considered, Obama was the best choice for the country this year and still is, weaknesses not withstanding.

You are fucking deluded. You mention several rational people you wouldn't vote for and the one you did consider is bat shit crazy. I find it very telling that you fail to mention a single Liberal you wouldn't vote for.

Sounds to me like you got on the government teat around 2003 and have been voting to preserve your checks ever since.

Uh....I was talking about GOP candidates. Show me one who is liberal and I'll give you my opinion on him/her.

The American people are the winners when both sides reach a compromise on taxes and other legislation.

That's the way our political system was designed to work.

True story............ :cool:

Absolutely. There isn't any question about that except in the minds of the selfish, knuckle-dragging cry babies on both sides who want THEIR way and screw everybody else.

That's patently wrong! One goal of the left, for example is disarming the citizens. Compromise to them, is banning certain classes of weapons and their magazine capacity. The rhetoric used is "What are you afraid of that you need 30 round clips?" or "Do you plan on overthrowing the government and returning blacks to slavery"?
The problem is, this would only serve to make Libs feel better about themselves. It wouldn't do crap about mass shootings. A year or 2 down the road, when a school is shot up by someone with a revolver, they will make themselves feel better by banning all handguns. A few years later, instead of banning all private ownership of firearms, they will offer to compromise on maybe shotguns, or limiting caliber.
They KNOW that passing feel good laws doesn't help, but eventually, they achieve their goal and criminals now are the only people armed and decent people are at the mercy of government intent on stripping our next "inalienable right".

Both parties pass feel good legislation all the time. Right now, for instance, the hopper in the Senate is packed with feel good stuff passed by the House to appease their base, even though they knew fully well it didn't have a chance of a hearing in the Senate. The House hopper is full of similar stuff passed by the Senate.

Boehner is a person of limited intelligence with delusions of grandeur, i.e., a big-dog deal maker. The GOP needs to get rid of him ASAP and replace him with someone with a modicum of political acumen. The obvious GOP strategy from the get-go was to say, "Congratulations, Mr. President, the people have spoken and we await the details of your economic plan which you have sold to them." Then wait for a Democratic bill to be introduced and let it pass with all GOP members abstaining. This would make the Democrats responsible for their ridiculous economic propaganda and prevent them from blaming the GOP for spending cuts and "tax cuts for the wealthy."

He may very well be replaced, but I wonder by whom?

Grandstanding is an old, accepted political tactic which works to energize the base. Of course the GOP is doing all they can to push the blame off onto the Democrats and they're doing the same thing in return.

Forum List

Back