Has Obama ever heard of an Act of War?

Because the actions of the attack on our embassy was an act of war.

An act of war by what nation?

As I said above.. It doesn't HAVE TO BE a nation.. We ignored a declaration of War by Al Queda for too many years to make that mistake again..

It IS an act of war by SOME ORGANIZATION. And that organization can not be allowed to grow roots in a weakened host country...

The alternative is to cut and run. Withdraw all our assets and representation. That's an option.. Wanna write off the entire MidEast?

OK. Al Queda killed our ambassador to Libya. So you suggest that we bomb Libya flat? What the hell kind of thinking is that? President Obama has a policy that has killed most of the Al Queda leadership as well as Bin Laden. He has already stated that justice will be served on the people that did this attack. Whether that justice is served up by Marines, Seals, or drones, it will happen. This President does not make pretend statements like "Wanted dead or alive". He simply stated that he would see Bin Laden dead or captured. And Bin Laden is now dead. As the perpretators of this attack will soon be.

Yes! That's why Obama went after bin Laden even though Bush said he didn't spend much time on him anymore.

That's why obama said so, where is the evidence that shows bin laden is dead or what he was actually wanted for.

You calling SEAL Team 6 a bunch of liars?

Has seal team six made an official statement? I thought they were told to be quite about the operation, now wait they were killed in Afghanistan dead men tell no tales

Is Obama going to light 50 little Christmas trees, in reaction to this? Because that's what it look like to me.

Meanwhile, Romney sounded just like Reagan.

Which is what is bugging me about Romney. Every time he talks off the cuff, he sounds JUST LIKE REAGAN.

But his DAMN STUPID ADVISORS want him to channel McCain.

Good Grief!

Best Reagan Clips from 1980 Carter debate - YouTube

Yes! That's why Obama went after bin Laden even though Bush said he didn't spend much time on him anymore.

Yeah Bush stopped looking for him and miraculously Obama restarted the hunt and found him....yeah that's plausible....in never never land

We had him at Tora Bora, and Bush would not let the Special Forces go in. The leader of that group was begging for permission to get Bin Laden. It was denied.

Bush had another seven years to get Bin Laden. Didn't happen. President Obama gave the order, and it happened. A fact of history your lies and dodges cannot change.

As I said above.. It doesn't HAVE TO BE a nation.. We ignored a declaration of War by Al Queda for too many years to make that mistake again..

It IS an act of war by SOME ORGANIZATION. And that organization can not be allowed to grow roots in a weakened host country...

The alternative is to cut and run. Withdraw all our assets and representation. That's an option.. Wanna write off the entire MidEast?

OK. Al Queda killed our ambassador to Libya. So you suggest that we bomb Libya flat? What the hell kind of thinking is that? President Obama has a policy that has killed most of the Al Queda leadership as well as Bin Laden. He has already stated that justice will be served on the people that did this attack. Whether that justice is served up by Marines, Seals, or drones, it will happen. This President does not make pretend statements like "Wanted dead or alive". He simply stated that he would see Bin Laden dead or captured. And Bin Laden is now dead. As the perpretators of this attack will soon be.

It's call consequences for your action. Iran was expecting Carter to kick their ass after the Revolution, but we did nothing and well, they keep doing shit.

Im suprised people who bitch about bullying as much as liberals, dont understand the same principals apply in all parts of life. If they hit us, we hit them back, if we dont, we look weak and pathetic and then they really get encouraged to hit back.

Is Obama going to light 50 little Christmas trees, in reaction to this? Because that's what it look like to me.

Which is what is bugging me about Romney. Every time he talks off the cuff, he sounds JUST LIKE REAGAN.

Good Grief!

1. Since you're wanting to use a technical term (act of war), you should find out what the word "war" means.
2. Funny you bring up Reagan, because I totally missed the part where he flattened half of Lebanon to respond to the Beirut embassy bombing.

As usual -- you're not paying attention.. And you're attributing things to me that I haven't said. It was likely NOT Al Queda that planned and executed the attack. It was some new variant of extremism that did it.. The govt of Libya should be advised that this group needs to be ejected from the country. And preferably we want the GPS coordinates of their leadership.. Also they should be advised that foreign diplomats need better protection. If they want to run a REAL COUNTRY --- they better figure out how to do that.

Pakistan has been leading us by the nose for decades and laughs at us about cooperation in tracking radicals in their country.. Do we want another host country snickering about requests for cooperation?

Point WAS --- it IS an act of war.. And one that we can't ignore.... "Wanted -- Dead or Alive" is a fine statement. Nothing phoney about it..

What is their to answer you wouldn't agree that obama's appeasement policy caused this.

I don't give a shit WHAT you or anybody else thinks caused this. That isn't the fucking point.

The point is, you have people in your camp wanting this to be considered an act of war and for us to go to war over it.

WHY!? WHY THE FUCK do we need to throw our boys at these people, risking even more American lives? You can't win a war of outrage. The more you fight and kill the more outraged they'll be

of course you don't give a shit because obama is president.

Answer the question, warmonger. How many American soldiers do you want to die to get satisfaction from this? How much money do you want to throw at it?

Last edited:
Don't doubt OBama son --- we WILL toss our weight around and risk lives and money to get to these whackos.. I'm feeling a bit better about OBama's response today and news that these Libyans are being traced. So you better ask your leader about costs and lives.

HOWEVER -- it's quite disturbing to hear that we MAY HAVE KNOWN about this threat to the embassies prior to Sept 11th...

I don't give a shit WHAT you or anybody else thinks caused this. That isn't the fucking point.

The point is, you have people in your camp wanting this to be considered an act of war and for us to go to war over it.

WHY!? WHY THE FUCK do we need to throw our boys at these people, risking even more American lives? You can't win a war of outrage. The more you fight and kill the more outraged they'll be

of course you don't give a shit because obama is president.

Answer the question, warmonger. How many American soldiers do you want to die to get satisfaction from this? How much money do you want to throw at it?
I did you would be all over a republican president bitching and whining. Thing about me short bus party does not matter, my country does.

Good Grief!

In light of the idiotic OP, lets think for a moment what would have happened had Obama followed his predecessor's pattern of committing troops on the ground.

*We'd have base(s) all around Libya staffed by civilians and Marines.
*IEDs would be going off when they patrol.
*The troops would have to determine who is a friendly and an enemy
*Helicopters flying troops and supplies to the base are in play now
*Once we're hit of course, we hit back causing more strife with the locals
*When do we know when it's over?

Those suggesting we didn't do exactly what we should have done are simply ignorant about foreign policy and have been asleep since 2003. Wake the hell up idiots.

Good Grief!

]

Yeah, And I'll betcha Reagan launched military actions every time an Embassy was attacked on his watch..

Um, wait, no, he didn't. He usually let the local authorties handle it.

Terrorist attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

18 April 1983

Beirut

Islamic Jihad car bomb destroys Embassy (see April 1983 U.S. Embassy bombing)

12 December 1983

Kuwait City

al-Dawa truck bomb outside Embassy

20 September 1984

Beirut

Hezbollah truck bomb outside Embassy

November 1984

Bogotá

Car bomb outside Embassy planted by drug cartel

February 1986

Lisbon

Popular Forces of 25 April car bomb outside Embassy

none

14 May 1986

Jakarta

Japanese Red Army mortar barrage

none

9 June 1987

Rome

none

Good Grief!

]

Yeah, And I'll betcha Reagan launched military actions every time an Embassy was attacked on his watch..

Terrorist attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

18 April 1983

Beirut

12 December 1983

Kuwait City

20 September 1984

Beirut

November 1984

Bogotá

February 1986

Lisbon

none

14 May 1986

Jakarta

none

9 June 1987

Rome

none

Reagan was weak and terrorists knew it

Shit oh dear. The dumb fucks are totally out of their minds. The Libyan government had no hand in the attack on the embassy. In fact, they have apoligized profusely for the attack, and their failure to prevent it. It was not an act of war, it was an act of terrorism. And will be responded to as such. Terrorists that target Americans have had very short lifespans since President Obama took office.

Romney's comments simply showed that he is most definately unfit to be the President of the most powerful nation on earth.

The White House Apology is a display of weakness. Those Muslims involved do not give a rat's ass about an apology.

It is still an act of war. The Ambassador and three other Americans were murdered on US Property.
U.S. troops sent by helicopter from Tripoli to rescue diplomats from the safe house came under mortar attack
U.S. embassies attacked in Yemen, Egypt after Libya envoy killed | Reuters

Those involved should be hunted down by our Armed Forces. A clear message needs to be sent. If you kill Americans, we will get you.

Last edited:

Good Grief!

Yes, I think Obama does know what are acts of war. Sending in predator missiles to countries that are supposedly our allies. Sending in a SEAL team to execute a person in a country to which we are not at war. Yeah, I think he knows.

Good Grief!

]

18 April 1983

Beirut

12 December 1983

Kuwait City

20 September 1984

Beirut

November 1984

Bogotá

February 1986

Lisbon

none

14 May 1986

Jakarta

none

9 June 1987

Rome

none
Who were the presidents at these times?
According to the State Department Office of the Historian, five U.S. ambassadors have been killed by terrorists:
--Adolph Dubs, in Afghanistan, 1979
--Francis E. Meloy Jr., in Lebanon, 1976
--Rodger P. Davies, in Cyprus, 1974
--Cleo A. Noel Jr., in Sudan, 1973
--John Gordon Mein, in Guatemala, 1968

Forum List

Back