Has Obama damaged national security?

Evangelical

Apr 18, 2009
You can wordplay all you want, "by releasing the 'torture memos' Obama has made America safer because blah blah blah..."; the fact is now that Obama has done what he has done, independent research groups are already working to figure out not just if Obama has done damage to the US, but how much damage.

This could be the equivalent of FDR announcing an impending invasion of France in June, so do not despair about the war.

Obama, whether in a moment of cocaine-induced idiocy, has released memos of how the US acquired sensitive information, allowing in a deadly cat-and-mouse game, for the mouse (Al Qaeda et. al.) to catch a glimpse of where they went wrong, what they need to correct, and how they need to reapply themselves.

Furthermore, Obama has alienated large amounts of US intelligence, telling them "do what is politically correct or you may be retroactively charged with crimes that were never crimes to begin with."

An honest and thorough review of the enhanced interrogation program must also assess the likely damage done to U.S. national security by Mr. Obama's decision to release the memos over the objections of Mr. Panetta and four of his predecessors. Such a review should assess what this decision communicated to our enemies, and also whether it will discourage intelligence professionals from offering their frank opinions in sensitive counterterrorist cases for fear that they will be prosecuted by a future administration.

Congress Knew About the Interrogations - WSJ.com

Mr. Hoekstra and others are already preparing to rid the US of this scourge Obama.

And, really, if it is discovered that US national security has been even slightly hurt by this deliberate policy move there is little recourse that America could take other than to forcibly remove Obama from the office of President. It's not about "on the job training". It's about the fact that never in the history of the US has a President at least willingly damaged the United States' military interests and exploits putting at risk the lives of Americans for sake of politics.

I almost feel sorry for Obama, he just seems to me like some stupid kid caught up in a nasty world; I feel sorry for him because this isn't the kind of playground where you go to time out. Obama should be charged with Treason if found to have damaged the United States' military operations in any way.

I’ll probably take a lot of flak for saying this, but I doubt that Al Qaeda gained much knowledge from BO’s release of the classified terrorist memos beyond making that knowledge official which gives Al Qaeda another recruitment tool.

On the other hand, If I were the head of state of another country, this would give me great pause and concern regarding how much I’d be willing to entrust BO with anything I didn’t want in the public domain. I wouldn’t be concerned that BO would blow the whistle on me, but rather the next Republican administration which I think is going to stick a fid so far up BO’s ass that it’ll pierce his tonsils.

I think the same scenario applies to US officials ranging from CIA operatives to military powers. In short, if I’m in a position of power right now, I’m going to indulge BO publically, but when it comes to dealing with him to regarding things classified I’m going to deny him in the best interest of national security.

In short, I think BO may have damaged himself more than he damaged national security or the Republicans with this publicity stunt.

Partisan nonsense.

Were these people worried when the Bush Aministration outed a CIA agent?

No.

So spare us this flag draped patriotic bullshit.

We know god damned the people you tools pander for don't give a rat's ass about America OR Americans.

Partisan nonsense.

No.

We know god damned the people you tools pander for don't give a rat's ass about America OR Americans.
If that's all ya got Bro, logoff and go back to bed.

Partisan nonsense.

No.

The Bush administration didn't out a CIA agent. Her bigmouth, self-agrandizing husband did.

So spare us the leftwing faux outrage.

I’ll probably take a lot of flak for saying this, but I doubt that Al Qaeda gained much knowledge from BO’s release of the classified terrorist memos beyond making that knowledge official which gives Al Qaeda another recruitment tool.

On the other hand, If I were the head of state of another country, this would give me great pause and concern regarding how much I’d be willing to entrust BO with anything I didn’t want in the public domain. I wouldn’t be concerned that BO would blow the whistle on me, but rather the next Republican administration which I think is going to stick a fid so far up BO’s ass that it’ll pierce his tonsils.

I think the same scenario applies to US officials ranging from CIA operatives to military powers. In short, if I’m in a position of power right now, I’m going to indulge BO publically, but when it comes to dealing with him to regarding things classified I’m going to deny him in the best interest of national security.

In short, I think BO may have damaged himself more than he damaged national security or the Republicans with this publicity stunt.

I agree with that . . . but now AQ knows just how far we won't go to gain intel. In the long run, I believe this releasing of info will come back to haunt us.

Last edited:
Partisan nonsense.

No.

The Bush administration didn't out a CIA agent. Her bigmouth, self-agrandizing husband did.

Nonsense.

Partisan nonsense.

No.

How come Wilson wasn't investigated or mentioned in the indictments for that act, then?
Why were TurdBLossom and Scooter and the VP's office and others INSIDE the Bush admin.
the main focus of Fitzgerald's investigation ?
You think Fitzgerald was part of the vast left wing conspiracy to discredit the Bush WH ?

Better think twice about that one. Fitzgerald is as honest and squeaky clean non-partisan as they get.

Partisan nonsense.

No.

That's simply false/a lie. Are you misinformed or lying?

How about all of the people who voted for him?? They are setting the tone, and mandate.

Then, how about those who supported the extreme right wing of the government and allowed the alienation of so many different factions of support of the Republican party, or the "conservative" movement?? George Bush almost guaranteed a win for the democrats with some of this stands on issues that divided the party into so many 'non entities".

Obama is doing what he thinks the American People want. The American People think Obama is doing what they need. I don't agree with it, but I didn't vote for him, or endorse many of the policies of the last eight years either.

You can wordplay all you want, "by releasing the 'torture memos' Obama has made America safer because blah blah blah..."; the fact is now that Obama has done what he has done, independent research groups are already working to figure out not just if Obama has done damage to the US, but how much damage.

This could be the equivalent of FDR announcing an impending invasion of France in June, so do not despair about the war.

Obama, whether in a moment of cocaine-induced idiocy, has released memos of how the US acquired sensitive information, allowing in a deadly cat-and-mouse game, for the mouse (Al Qaeda et. al.) to catch a glimpse of where they went wrong, what they need to correct, and how they need to reapply themselves.

Furthermore, Obama has alienated large amounts of US intelligence, telling them "do what is politically correct or you may be retroactively charged with crimes that were never crimes to begin with."

An honest and thorough review of the enhanced interrogation program must also assess the likely damage done to U.S. national security by Mr. Obama's decision to release the memos over the objections of Mr. Panetta and four of his predecessors. Such a review should assess what this decision communicated to our enemies, and also whether it will discourage intelligence professionals from offering their frank opinions in sensitive counterterrorist cases for fear that they will be prosecuted by a future administration.

Mr. Hoekstra and others are already preparing to rid the US of this scourge Obama.

And, really, if it is discovered that US national security has been even slightly hurt by this deliberate policy move there is little recourse that America could take other than to forcibly remove Obama from the office of President. It's not about "on the job training". It's about the fact that never in the history of the US has a President at least willingly damaged the United States' military interests and exploits putting at risk the lives of Americans for sake of politics.

I almost feel sorry for Obama, he just seems to me like some stupid kid caught up in a nasty world; I feel sorry for him because this isn't the kind of playground where you go to time out. Obama should be charged with Treason if found to have damaged the United States' military operations in any way.
You are so wrong, and are part of a very small always wrong (and stuck on whining) minority.
Nobody wants to listen to or be around a whiner who is always wrong
except other always wrong whiners.

this absolutely will work as a recruiting tool for AQ, they will get more members and US soldiers and civilians lives are thus put more at risk.

that is on obama's hands.

there absolutely no need for this. this is not a court of law trying to prove a case with evidence. this is obama using public opinion to bash bush and cash in on getting more popular with his base....see...look, even though i said i wouldn't prosecute....i am about showing the evil deeds of bush.

a complete political hack move that put american lives at risk

Partisan nonsense.

No.

Ya know those left wing talking points play like a broken record.. Do you remember records? :lol:

With statements like...

.....It is not just your believing in invisible entities that proves your brain is a couple sandwiches short of a picnic.

How about all of the people who voted for him?? They are setting the tone, and mandate. Oh yes the ignorants who voted for him you mean like the ones who approved of Palin as his VP? :lol:

Then, how about those who supported the extreme right wing of the government and allowed the alienation of so many different factions of support of the Republican party, or the "conservative" movement?? George Bush almost guaranteed a win for the democrats with some of this stands on issues that divided the party into so many 'non entities". Yes,, even ACORN's dead people didn't like George Bush. :lol:
Obama is doing what he thinks the American People want. The American People think Obama is doing what they need. I don't agree with it, but I didn't vote for him, or endorse many of the policies of the last eight years either.
The ones who voted for him either were dumb as has been proven and want a gov. sugar titty.. I'm thinking some of the so called smarter voters,,have been shocked into believing now how damn gullible they were.. oh my my my and we're only through 100 days..
:eek::eek:

If this goes to trial, maybe we can get this Republican judge back into the court room. He spent the better part of two years masturbating with a penis pump under his bench during trials. Another in a long line of republican sex criminals. Maybe this kind of trial would really get his conservative jollies off.

District Judge Donald Thompson, 61, was accused of using a "penis pump" in court and convicted in June 2006 on four counts of indecent exposure.
Okla. Judge Disbarred For Using Sex Device - CBS News

In full agreement.

Forum List

Back