Has Obama been as good/bad as you thought he'd be?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Mar 11, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    So, 2 years in, has Obama been as good, or bad, as you thought he'd be?

I thought he'd go after guns and he hasn't. I thought he'd pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan almost immediately, because he said he would, and ruin our troops efforts. I thought he'd refuse to strike any other country, but has hit Pakistan, but not Libya.

I knew he wouldn't seal the borders. I knew racial and ethnic tensions would be worsened by the actions of some in his staff (Holder). I didn't think he'd be bold enough to push the green agenda through the EPA, in order to bypass the voters. That was ballsy, but few made a big deal about it. Very heavy handed.

I didn't think he'd get healthcare through in the form he wanted, which was single payer. And he didn't.

I knew eventually he'd get to DADT and DOMA and did. I knew Holder would be a radical racist leading the DOJ, and he has been just that.

I was most concerned about the economy, assuming Obama in charge would simply ruin it and we'd be in a depression. Suprisingly, it's been a stalemate. Credit to Obama or to the American people's work ethic? A bit of both. Of course, the GOP getting the tax cut extension helped.

So overall, he has been bad, but not quite as bad as I thought:redface:. Partly, in my opinion, because he has either failed in his objectives or didn't feel the political climate was welcome enough for him to attempt his objectives.

2 years left. We shall see.

2. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,899
    He's done a remarkable job considering.

I never thought Republicans would turn against their own country to bring down the "black" guy in the "WHITE" House. But it really shouldn't surprise me. After all, they lied America into a foreign war to "make money". They saw Iraq as a "business venture" and made money hand over fist.

Since then, they held millions of unemployed Americans whose jobs they shipped overseas, hostage, threatening to keep them from getting unemployment benefits to extend tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires. It worked. Obama couldn't let those millions of Americans suffer. Republican could. Smiling and gleeful the entire time.

3. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    So you're bitter becuase the GOP is winning politically?

Your first paragraph was so ridiculous, that it barely warrants a response. But I'm bored so.....

For one, we only hate his white half. Thats the half making all the dumb mistakes.

Second, yes, we got filthy rich off Iraq, and it's trickling down you the poor people we hate so much.

Third, we actually didn't think Obama would cave on tax cuts. We truly just wanted to see poor people starve and die in the streets. But he did cave and ruined our genius plot.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. froggy

froggy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    he'll be known in history as a great disappointment for the black race.

5. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    What's race to do with anything?

6. Finnguy

Finnguy Social Democrat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Wait a minute, I'd like some of that money that trickled down. I'll have to walk over to Boeing or Northrop Grumman to get some. Wonder if they'll let me.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  7. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914

Are you really trying to say that Republicans would LIKE Obama's policies if his skin were white? Did we only have one political party until Obama showed up?

8. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    Ask deanie, he's obsessed about it.

9. froggy

froggy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    the history will reveal it later, they're already displeasure with him in the black man, almost shameful for having him be the first black man elected pres.

10. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    He isn't black, he's bi-racial.