Has Kerry dug himself into an inescapable hole?

Bonnie said:
With his comments that he would have sought authorization even without finding WMD's?

LOL It's hard not to get whip lash! Of course he would have used 'diplomacy' to increase the membership of the coalition. Would not have been a cowboy! :bow3:

Kathianne said:
LOL It's hard not to get whip lash! Of course he would have used 'diplomacy' to increase the membership of the coalition. Would not have been a cowboy! :bow3:

Yes right, he would have made better "use of that authority"
M- :trolls: HUM????

:)

"If Saddam Hussein is unwilling to bend to the international community's already existing order, then he will have invited enforcement, even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act." - John Kerry, Sept 2002. Kerry's constantly shifting position since then, though enigmatic to some, is easily explained in three words: transparent political opportunism.

yeah it is political oppurtunism. but that is hardly limited to Kerry. Bush has made many claims to support one thing only to do the opposite after being elected. Both should be judged by their actions not their words. Kerry has ruitenly voted for war, he may claim occasionally to be the peace candidate, but one owould be foolish to beleive it. Bush claims to be for smaller government, it is foolish to beleive him as well.

As for whether kerry has dug himself into a hole to large to escape? I would say no. Many of his supporters are voting against Bush. Kerry could say whatever he wants and he will still get their votes. Even more of his supporters are die hard democrats that will never see fault in Kerry, they will vote for him no matter what he says. As for the swing voters, they will see Kerrys flip flopping and lies and see all the holes he dug for himself, but also see the same thing from Bush. I like to point out some of the things like education budget, but the real holes that most swing voters see are things like all the claims bush made as a pretext to going to war. I do not want to get into the details of all those claims, because the point is not whether bush was right or wrong, it is what swing voters perceive them to be. And many people even if they are not complely convinced either way as to whether there was some foul play by bush to get us to go to war, there are serious doubts. These doubts about Bush in the swing voters eyes, are just as big of holes that Bush has dug himself into as the holes Kerry has dug for himself.

Travis

tpahl said:
yeah it is political oppurtunism. but that is hardly limited to Kerry. Bush has made many claims to support one thing only to do the opposite after being elected. Both should be judged by their actions not their words. Kerry has ruitenly voted for war, he may claim occasionally to be the peace candidate, but one owould be foolish to beleive it. Bush claims to be for smaller government, it is foolish to beleive him as well.

As for whether kerry has dug himself into a hole to large to escape? I would say no. Many of his supporters are voting against Bush. Kerry could say whatever he wants and he will still get their votes. Even more of his supporters are die hard democrats that will never see fault in Kerry, they will vote for him no matter what he says. As for the swing voters, they will see Kerrys flip flopping and lies and see all the holes he dug for himself, but also see the same thing from Bush. I like to point out some of the things like education budget, but the real holes that most swing voters see are things like all the claims bush made as a pretext to going to war. I do not want to get into the details of all those claims, because the point is not whether bush was right or wrong, it is what swing voters perceive them to be. And many people even if they are not complely convinced either way as to whether there was some foul play by bush to get us to go to war, there are serious doubts. These doubts about Bush in the swing voters eyes, are just as big of holes that Bush has dug himself into as the holes Kerry has dug for himself.

Travis

Travis, I see the point you are making, but I want to ask you if you do see the incredible amount of inconsistencies coming from Kerry, so how can you believe anything he says.? Bush as done a few things I don't agree with, and I won't get into them now, but one thing you can say about Bush is that mostly he stands firm to his word, so even if you dissagree with him philisophically can we agree that at least with him what you see is what you get?

And yes I think if Kerry were to march into an orphanage and kill all the children there and have it captured on camera, there would be those who still like him and make excuses for him, but that is not saying much for those supporters.

Bonnie said:
Travis, I see the point you are making, but I want to ask you if you do see the incredible amount of inconsistencies coming from Kerry, so how can you believe anything he says.? Bush as done a few things I don't agree with, and I won't get into them now, but one thing you can say about Bush is that mostly he stands firm to his word, so even if you dissagree with him philisophically can we agree that at least with him what you see is what you get?

I would disagree, Bush says one thing and does others often as well. Maybe not as much as Kerry, but still enough for me to doubt what he says. For example did Bush not say that he was in favor of small government when he ran in 2000? Do you think he will again claim to be for that when he speaks at the convention. Do you beleive that spending will actually decrease if he is re-elected? That is just one broad example of Bush saying one thing to get votes, but doing something different. There are many more specific ones as well.

Kerry and Bush are both career politicians, that is just what they do. The people are used to it so I really do not think that the holes they dig will be too deep to crawl out of. On top of that since they both do it voters are even more willing to overlook it.

tpahl said:
I would disagree, Bush says one thing and does others often as well. Maybe not as much as Kerry, but still enough for me to doubt what he says. For example did Bush not say that he was in favor of small government when he ran in 2000? Do you think he will again claim to be for that when he speaks at the convention. Do you beleive that spending will actually decrease if he is re-elected? That is just one broad example of Bush saying one thing to get votes, but doing something different. There are many more specific ones as well.

Kerry and Bush are both career politicians, that is just what they do. The people are used to it so I really do not think that the holes they dig will be too deep to crawl out of. On top of that since they both do it voters are even more willing to overlook it.

t - you keep pointing to stuff Bush said BEFORE 911. Show me where, within the last year, he has flip-flopped. I can show you numerous examples of Kerry.

So get a fucking life and start being intellecutally honest. Otherwise, replying to your posts is just a waste of time and you are going to find yourself eventually just talking to yourself. Why can't you be intellectually honest? Just answer me that?

freeandfun1 said:
t - you keep pointing to stuff Bush said BEFORE 911. Show me where, within the last year, he has flip-flopped. I can show you numerous examples of Kerry.

So get a fucking life and start being intellecutally honest. Otherwise, replying to your posts is just a waste of time and you are going to find yourself eventually just talking to yourself. Why can't you be intellectually honest? Just answer me that?

if nation building was a good thing after 9/11 it was a good thing before as well. Ass for the government spending, it is up in none security spending meaning 9/11 had nothing to do with Bushs increase in spending.

Also could you please not respond to me if you are going to be rude? I would much prefer no one respond then get responses like yours.

Free, watch the name calling, please. Tpahl, try to stay with the topic at hand.

tpahl said:
if nation building was a good thing after 9/11 it was a good thing before as well. Ass for the government spending, it is up in none security spending meaning 9/11 had nothing to do with Bushs increase in spending.

Also could you please not respond to me if you are going to be rude? I would much prefer no one respond then get responses like yours.

Fine. I am done replying. You seem incapable of intellectual honesty and therefore, are a waste of time. You have offered NOTHING substantive.

freeandfun1 said:
Most of us have know all along that, toward the end, the Clintons and their friends (read LMM) would sabotage any chances Kerry has. There is NO WAY Hillary is not going to make a run in `08 and she cannot do it if Kerry wins.

Well, Kerry is easy enough to sabotage - just let the idiot open his mouth!

Forum List

Back