Has it Really Been 17 Years

Seventeen years ago! Wow! That makes me feel hold. I still have th CD and I also bought the album on Itunes here recently. Why do the most talented always have to be the most unstable?

Seventeen years ago! Wow! That makes me feel hold. I still have th CD and I also bought the album on Itunes here recently. Why do the most talented always have to be the most unstable?

Ask Angeuille...........

:rofl: :rofl:

;)

Because of their lifelong frustration of having to deal with morons, perhaps?

That was a rhetorical question, by the way.

I smoke dope to make other people smarter, myself.

If I had another 30 IQ points I'd have to shoot herion, too.

I have an old syndicated radio show called Metal Shop from the early 90s on vinyl. It's funny as hell because the whole show is chock full with hair metal music.. until the end of the show where they highlight new bands... a band called Nirvana. I dunno, I just find it rich that the band that was the stake through the heart of hair metal was featured on the show about a week before Nirvana headed the transition to seatle envy.

I never wore a single flannel shirt and enjoyed washing my hair through that entire grungy period on popular music.

Last edited:
I have an old syndicated radio show called Metal Shop from the early 90s on vinyl. It's funny as hell because the whole show is chock full with hair metal music.. until the end of the show where they highlight new bands... a band called Nirvana. I dunno, I just find it rich that the band that was the stake through the heart of hair metal was featured on the show about a week before Nirvana headed the transition to seatle envy.

I never wore a single flannel shirt and enjoyed washing my hair through that entire grungy period on popular music.
I was in junior high at the height of grunge and I even had a flannel jacket! I remember thinking I was so cool with my discman or walkman I can't remember playing STP or Nirvana wearing my SMP shirt and having Gap jeans I might add with holes in them. Man to be young stupid and a poser again.

BUSTED!!!!

rumergrungey1.jpg

I wore flannel shirts all through my high school years...long before Nirvana made it chic.

I was truly a trend setter......

Exactly! and wasn't John Bender sporting some grunge wear in Breakfast Club?

Yep. But the boys of Seattle didn't wear flannel to start a trend, it just caught on to mainstream America what they had been doing all along. The youth wanted to be cool too, isn't that what it's all about when you're young?

I remember the summer this all broke through....my friend Brad making a jam tape for our annual boat trip at Dale Hollow. He put Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, Nirvana, NWA and Body Count on that tape. We would CRANK it on the boat (one of those sleeps 12 party boats you rent for a week) and scare all the good folks of Kentucky..............:cool:

Nirvana was rediscovering rock? :eusa_think:

:talktothehand:

No, I'm just saying they (and the entire 'Seattle Scene') brought a new light to music to the youth who had been listening to synth rock from the 80's.

I liked it, but I also like my classic rock, my punk, my blues and my jazz too.

Variety is the spice of life............

No, I'm just saying they (and the entire 'Seattle Scene') brought a new light to music to the youth who had been listening to synth rock from the 80's.

I liked it, but I also like my classic rock, my punk, my blues and my jazz too.

Variety is the spice of life............

I see. Yes, I think they were one of the leaders that brought grunge to the fore for awhile. What's not to like about not bathing, not washing your clothes or combing your hair?:lol:

Forum List

Back