Has God ever lied (as with Scriptural evidence?) Could he?

Could God lie if he chose to? Is God subject to his own law?
PLEASE !!!!!

images0AW6HL5O.jpg

You certainly worry about God a lot. Far more than any Christian I have ever seen. Have you ever asked yourself why Religious things seem to occupy your every thought and waking moment?

You certainly worry about God a lot. Far more than any Christian I have ever seen. Have you ever asked yourself why Religious things seem to occupy your every thought and waking moment?

I'm a Jew actually.

And when religious people quit making themselves a security concern I'll quit caring about God. :)

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.
Matthew 18:19-20 NAS

I'm a Jew actually.

And when religious people quit making themselves a security concern I'll quit caring about God. :)

I doubt it. You're just like all Liberals. You simply must bitch about any and everything. So very childish.

I'm a Jew actually.

I doubt it. You're just like all Liberals. You simply must bitch about any and everything. So very childish.

Not knowing about what you're talking about is what I think is childish. I'm not a liberal.

I'm a Jew actually.

Not knowing about what you're talking about is what I think is childish. I'm not a liberal.

You're a habitual complainer that's for certain. About everything.

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.

Well, my wife and I agreed we should win the lottery and we even prayed about it. But so far it didn't happen. Maybe I shoulda bought a ticket.

He asks Abraham to sacrifice his son Issac. Then sends down an angel to stop Abraham.

Why did God command Abraham to sacrifice Isaac?

I have no clue. I have studied the Bible for over 60 years and still have problems with it. As far as Abraham goes, the Bible says he was told to sacrifice his ONLY son Isaac but at the time he had two sons, Isaac and Ishmael. Further, the Bible says the God was testing Abraham but I cannot understand how an omniscient being would have to test anyone to know what is in their hearts. Sorry, can't help you.

He asks Abraham to sacrifice his son Issac. Then sends down an angel to stop Abraham.

Why did God command Abraham to sacrifice Isaac?

I have no clue. I have studied the Bible for over 60 years and still have problems with it. As far as Abraham goes, the Bible says he was told to sacrifice his ONLY son Isaac but at the time he had two sons, Isaac and Ishmael. Further, the Bible says the God was testing Abraham but I cannot understand how an omniscient being would have to test anyone to know what is in their hearts. Sorry, can't help you.

The thread was looking for a lie, told by god.

I found one.

Well, my wife and I agreed we should win the lottery and we even prayed about it. But so far it didn't happen. Maybe I shoulda bought a ticket.

Perhaps you both will win some future one. Did you pray for a specific one? Ahh! :)

Can God lie? I don't think so, because He's all about Truth and Light. Lies cannot live in such an environment as they will eventually be found out.

HOWEVER..................................

Many people think they hear God, even though what they are really hearing is their own desires expressed as "hearing God". Furthermore, God speaks to us in such a still small voice (generally) that it is easy to get what He tells us jumbled up, as well as the fact that God speaks not in the normal clear sense, but rather in coincidences and parables, which can easily get confused.

Know why that verse in Matthew says that if 2 or more are gathered together in God's name, there He is? Simple...............if you think God is talking to you, He wants you to verify it with another person so you can make sure you heard correctly.

Jesus Christ, Yahweh is not "god." He was a fucking war deity or baal that the mythological murderer moses adopted so he could boink a member of the tribe that worshiped yahweh. The question is did yahweh lie? Of course. Primitive mythology is essentially a narrative of lies. How in this day and age anyone believes the content of the old and new testament is indicative of the power of brainwashing, and to have an ethnic identity associated with lies is simply the fear to acknowledge how stupid their relatives were.

Can God lie? I don't think so, because He's all about Truth and Light. Lies cannot live in such an environment as they will eventually be found out.

Many people think they hear God, even though what they are really hearing is their own desires expressed as "hearing God". Furthermore, God speaks to us in such a still small voice (generally) that it is easy to get what He tells us jumbled up, as well as the fact that God speaks not in the normal clear sense, but rather in coincidences and parables, which can easily get confused.

Know why that verse in Matthew says that if 2 or more are gathered together in God's name, there He is? Simple...............if you think God is talking to you, He wants you to verify it with another person so you can make sure you heard correctly.

Deut 13 mentions God tests us with Man capable of performing miracles. If we take to following Man we fail these tests. So when people think they're hearing God, or fall under the influence of some charismatic preacher it's worth asking if it's really God they hear.

If you deceive someone and put a lie in their mind and they pass on that lie, are you culpable for the lies then ensue from your initial one?

I would say yes. Do you agree?

Regards
DL

If you deceive someone and put a lie in their mind and they pass on that lie, are you culpable for the lies then ensue from your initial one?

I would say yes. Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Actually, yes, you are guilty of 2 things. First one is the lie that you perpetrated (thou shalt not bear false witness), and the second is that you caused your fellow man to sin by having them pass on the lie. And, every time the next person passes on the lie, they are also guilty of the 2 things, because they didn't bother to see if what they were hearing was true or not. God would like us to think for ourselves, because that is why He gave us free will. God also wants us to be responsible for our actions and own up to them. The very first sin wasn't that Adam and Eve ate the apple, the actual sin was that nobody took responsibility for their actions. Adam blamed Eve, Eve blames the serpent and neither one of them took responsibility for what happened, and THAT is why they were thrown out of the Garden. Had that explained to me by a Jewish scholar (remember, the OT is their book), and it was really interesting to hear the story translated directly from the original Hebrew to English.

Forum List

Back