Has Glenn Beck started a new Great Awakening?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Sorry to start another Beck thread. But I think it might be nice to address the religious aspect of everything that's happened over the weekend.

I think he just reignited something. And the Black Robe Regiment is going to be incredibly influencial in the coming years if they even do a fraction of what they pledge they will do.

It may be too early to see the effects, but this may have long term consequences for us and our nation.

For some yes.
The apathetic will remain so .
Those who feel moved to live with integrity will settle for nothing less in others and may find it more than not.
The haters will hate.

I wonder if we will have a witch hunt first?

Just as soon as Pelosi can get it moving, yea. She is, as far as I am aware, the only person who has called for a witch hunt.... oh, sorry, investigation.... into Americans who exercise their right to speak and assemble freely.

For some yes.
The apathetic will remain so .
Those who feel moved to live with integrity will settle for nothing less in others and may find it more than not.
The haters will hate.

I was going to respond but I'm apathetic and...ahh, fuck it

Sorry to start another Beck thread. But I think it might be nice to address the religious aspect of everything that's happened over the weekend.

I think he just reignited something. And the Black Robe Regiment is going to be incredibly influencial in the coming years if they even do a fraction of what they pledge they will do.

It may be too early to see the effects, but this may have long term consequences for us and our nation.

The USA has a history of going though period of religous revivals.

Depending on what benchmarks one uses to declare a "revival" I think there were two in the 1800s (around 1820 and then again around the 1860s) and another again that happened in the early 20th century.

I'd say this "revival" has been brewing since the late 60s.

Americans are a very religious people compared to their EURO counterparts.

Their zeal for religion comes and goes.

It's sort of like herpes in that respect.

Wouldn't it be nice if "conservatives" like Beck and before him Bush quit using God and Jesus as tools? I thought we were done with religious rightwingers in politics. How sad to see them still plotting.

Noo, I think that was Eckhart Tolle with A New Earth, bringing yourself into the present and shedding baggage... stuff like that.

I wonder if we will have a witch hunt first?

Just as soon as Pelosi can get it moving, yea. She is, as far as I am aware, the only person who has called for a witch hunt.... oh, sorry, investigation.... into Americans who exercise their right to speak and assemble freely.

Let me know when their rights are really curtailed.

Did Beck ignite something in America? Yeah.......a paper bag full of flaming dogshit.

Last night I heard a few religious leaders who were Christian speaking AGAINST Beck because he was espousing Christian ideals, yet they said he's not a real Christian because he's Mormon.

What did Beck do during his speech? He laid out a lot of platitudes and bumpersticker bullshit, told everyone they needed to turn back to God, yet he didn't give any specifics on how to do that, nor did he address clearly where and why he thinks this country has turned away from God.

Interestingly enough, most of the people I know have had (since I moved here in 1999) and still have (all the way through August 2010), a healthy respect and acknowledgment of who God is.

Even me.

I think what Beck wants everyone to do is to turn toward HIS idea of who God is, and who's to say that his version is right?

I'd rather follow what Jesus taught.... keep politics and religion separate.

the religious Jewish hierarchy continued to test Jesus and try to back him in a corner to get him involved in the politics of the day, a rebellion against the Romans and their repressive taxation on the Jews, to be specific.... and Jesus would have NO PART OF IT.

I don;t agree with Ministers and Priests and their followers, (the Church) getting involved in Politics....Politics is about as scummy as scummy can get and if I were a ministry, I would want NOTHING associating myself with politicians!

Did Beck ignite something in America? Yeah.......a paper bag full of flaming dogshit.

Last night I heard a few religious leaders who were Christian speaking AGAINST Beck because he was espousing Christian ideals, yet they said he's not a real Christian because he's Mormon.

What did Beck do during his speech? He laid out a lot of platitudes and bumpersticker bullshit, told everyone they needed to turn back to God, yet he didn't give any specifics on how to do that, nor did he address clearly where and why he thinks this country has turned away from God.

Interestingly enough, most of the people I know have had (since I moved here in 1999) and still have (all the way through August 2010), a healthy respect and acknowledgment of who God is.

Even me.

I think what Beck wants everyone to do is to turn toward HIS idea of who God is, and who's to say that his version is right?

:clap2::clap2:

Even me.

Really? didn't do anything to show people how to turn back to God or begin to?

the 40 day and 40 night challenge is nothing?

The Gathering and reinsitution of the Black Robe Regiment is nothing?

Encouraging people to Pray, live their faith, etc doesnt turn people back to God?

Exactly what are you looking for?

Anytime this country or colonies decides we are not religious or patriotic enough, and have a " Great Awakening", people end up wrongfully accused of crimes, dead, or in jail. So I am sorry I am not real excited about the christians feeling that we need to turn back to God. If you want to embrace God, and follow some pledge, so be it. Just don't try to make me do it. And if I don't do it, don't accuse me of being a communist or a witch.

Even me.

Really? didn't do anything to show people how to turn back to God or begin to?

the 40 day and 40 night challenge is nothing?

The Gathering and reinsitution of the Black Robe Regiment is nothing?

Encouraging people to Pray, live their faith, etc doesnt turn people back to God?

Exactly what are you looking for?

Live "their faith" or live "the faith".

Sounds like a bunch of vague guidlines for "appearing spiritual".

Anytime this country or colonies decides we are not religious or patriotic enough, and have a " Great Awakening", people end up wrongfully accused of crimes, dead, or in jail. So I am sorry I am not real excited about the christians feeling that we need to turn back to God. If you want to embrace God, and follow some pledge, so be it. Just don't try to make me do it. And if I don't do it, don't accuse me of being a communist or a witch.

You mean like the accusations you guys make against Beck?

No one is forcing you to do anything.

Forum List

Back