Has evidence of alien life been found?

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Fossilized alien microbes have been discovered in a sample extracted from a meteorite, according to research carried out by a NASA/Marshall Space Flight Center astrobiologist. What's more, he has challenged any scientist to investigate his work.

Published in the online Journal of Cosmology, Richard Hoover's paper claims to have made the discovery after finding "large complex filaments" inside "freshly fractured internal surfaces" of carbonaceous chondrite meteorite samples (including samples from the famous French Orgueil meteorite).

Some of the "alien" fossils appear to resemble bacteria found on Earth (such as types of cyanobacteria, a microorganism that helped make early-Earth hospitable to life by producing oxygen), whereas others don't look so familiar.

"The exciting thing is that they are in many cases recognizable and can be associated very closely with the generic species here on earth,” Hoover told Fox News in an exclusive interview.

Has Evidence for Alien Life Been Found? : Discovery News

Interstellar space is a sparse and harsh environment. Life dies before it can travel anywhere.

Since we don't even know where life as we recognize it originated or if it originated in several places at different times, we're sorta screwed. I'm always curious who gets to define intelligent life ---the other life form or us. I know animals who are convinced humans are dumb.

Since we don't even know where life as we recognize it originated or if it originated in several places at different times, we're sorta screwed. I'm always curious who gets to define intelligent life ---the other life form or us. I know animals who are convinced humans are dumb.

Have they put that in writing?

I'm waiting on the chimps with typewriters to finish.

I'm waiting on the chimps with typewriters to finish.

Perfect, and only, answer...chuckle

Interesting. The article is better than the one I found through Yahoo a bit ago.

Wonder what the odds are of contamination or the meteorite being of earthly origin.

Fossilized alien microbes have been discovered in a sample extracted from a meteorite, according to research carried out by a NASA/Marshall Space Flight Center astrobiologist. What's more, he has challenged any scientist to investigate his work.

Published in the online Journal of Cosmology, Richard Hoover's paper claims to have made the discovery after finding "large complex filaments" inside "freshly fractured internal surfaces" of carbonaceous chondrite meteorite samples (including samples from the famous French Orgueil meteorite).

Some of the "alien" fossils appear to resemble bacteria found on Earth (such as types of cyanobacteria, a microorganism that helped make early-Earth hospitable to life by producing oxygen), whereas others don't look so familiar.

"The exciting thing is that they are in many cases recognizable and can be associated very closely with the generic species here on earth,” Hoover told Fox News in an exclusive interview.

No.

Dead bacteria on a rock from another planet, and we found it, is a long, long, long shot.

Not impossible.

Since space is and has been a vacuum, it is not a source of life.

It's probably some bacteria that had the misfortune of getting ejected from another planet after it got hit by a meteor/comet.

Or, if this is the Mars rock, it's been debunked as odd rock shapes and nothing more.

No.

Uh, yes. The History Channel has produced about eight segments so far called "Ancient Aliens" and they rerun the entire series once every 4-6 weeks. Watch for it. It will blow your mind.

Dead bacteria on a rock from another planet, and we found it, is a long, long, long shot.

Not impossible.

Since space is and has been a vacuum, it is not a source of life.

It's probably some bacteria that had the misfortune of getting ejected from another planet after it got hit by a meteor/comet.

Or, if this is the Mars rock, it's been debunked as odd rock shapes and nothing more.

"Life" as we know it doesn't mean "life" elsewhere is the same. In fact it isn't. The only common denominator discovered in space exploration so far is that any "life" thus far discovered on other planets relies on water. But even that may not be true outside our own universe.

Forum List

Back