has anyone switched parties ?

have you switched parties ?

• yes

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • no

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
I went from the Republican Party to Independent..

Neither party represents my Ideals.

Unless the True Conservatives in the Republican come out and actually support Individual Freedom then maybe I'll come back..

That's the only thing I can agree with Democrats.

Well the Democrats certainly haven't governed with respect to individual freedom for the last two years have they. Just about everything they have passed has restricted and/or limited our freedom, choice, opportunities, and option to use our resources or to pursue our interests as we might otherwise choose to do.

As an independent I cannot vote in my state's primary elections, and that limits my ability to promote a candidate that I believe will respect my freedom, choices, opportunities, and options.

Well, I'm not talking about all that.. I don't think the Democrat party is in touch with the people just like the GOP.. Like I said before, Same shit, different party.

I'm just talking about Legalization of Weed and Gay Marriage, Free Speech and the 2nd Amendment.

I don't think the I can be part of any party if the the GOP thinks they can run on Freedom for all if they can't let gay people marry.

Don't you think?

The Democrats have had total control of Congress and the White House for two years now and have not introduced a single piece of legislation--not even into committee--in favor of same sex message. Wouldn't that suggest that you're unfairly tarring the GOP on that issue?

The fact is most of America, both Democrat and Republican, doesn't want the Federal government to force that issue or give that very low priority right now.

age1.jpg

Support for Same-Sex Marriage by Age and State Sociological Images

The #1 issue that an overwhelming number of Americans want Congress to focus on is the economy.

The #2 issue is graft and corruption in government.

Conservatives want the government to secure our rights and then get out of our way to form whatever society we wish to have. Liberals seem to want the government to order everybody to live by rules the liberals think they should have to live by.

And THAT is what we are voting on in November.

What makes you think other people are less independent than you?

I was going to ask based on how he supports the GOP based on the issues meaning he is a right winger what makes him think he is an independent??

I repeat:

I am convinced there are three kinds of citizens out there:

1. The people who vote for the candidate based on issues alone.

2. The partisans who vote party line or out of contempt for another party.

3. Those who vote purely out of ignorance or emotional response.

Those who are unable to focus on the issues but rather focus on personalities or a party or 'rightwing' or emotional response or anything OTHER than the issues are in my opinion those who fall into Category #3.

I know a bunch of people who refuse to vote any other way than straight party ticket. Those fall into Category #2.

Those who do focus on the issues and vote accordingly fall into category #1.

I REPEAT. You can repeat your original baseless spin and even add to it as much as you want to but repeating it doesn't make it true.
Those who you claim to fit into category #1 may just as well fit into category #2 because they vote only for the party that they believe agrees with them on the so-called issues or issue of the moment, kind of like railing against deficits spending and then turning a blind eye to it when that issue affect the side you NOW support on the issues, which also means that they vote out of ignorance and fit into category #3 as well.

You seem to fit into category #2 as well based on the fact that you admit that you register republican in order to vote in republican primaries because you believe that they WILL agree with you on the issues. IMO a true independent and moderate would never box themselves in and define themselves as being so blindly right wing.

I have. Twice. I was a lifelong (fairly fuzzy-headed liberal) registered Democrat.

Eventually, and gradually, I snapped out of it and managed to swallow my pride. I rgistered as a Republican.

Subsequently, I realized that the GOP is just the Dem Parody Lite. So, I again switched.

Now, I am a registered Conservative Party member.

I repeat:

I am convinced there are three kinds of citizens out there:

1. The people who vote for the candidate based on issues alone.

2. The partisans who vote party line or out of contempt for another party.

3. Those who vote purely out of ignorance or emotional response.

Those who are unable to focus on the issues but rather focus on personalities or a party or 'rightwing' or emotional response or anything OTHER than the issues are in my opinion those who fall into Category #3.

I know a bunch of people who refuse to vote any other way than straight party ticket. Those fall into Category #2.

Those who do focus on the issues and vote accordingly fall into category #1.

And who makes you an authority on other citizens voting practices?

The same authority that prompts you to judge me personally on just about everything I post. I express my opinion about how things are. I choose to focus on the issues. You choose to focus on me or whomever you are judging at the time and seem to assume I am or they are criticizing or judging you.

If you have an opinion on the issues, it would be good to discuss those. But if you have no interest in discussing the issues and just want to take personal shots, PLEASE just scroll over my posts Sky Dancer. I'm just not into that, and it will save us both so much time.

But by trying to define sky and what you believe sky focuses on are you not doing the same that you accuse sky of doing?? YOU were the one that tried to define the types of citizens and then presented youself and the republicans into the debate. If you don't want to go down that path choose a better path in the future.

BTW this
I express my opinion about how things are.
is BS. You present your opinon about how you BELIEVE things are. Your OPINIONS do not define "how things are" but they do define your perception of how things are. Don't you think it's time that you learned the difference?

Yes, twice.

I registered as one party but then I thought I screwed it up (still not sure if I did or not) so I registered again but picked a different party.

Then I switched again but it's a long story that is not related to ideology changes.

I did and it was the best change in my life because I helped elect the first black president, I can no longer say that my best accomplishment is taking a shit. Seriously, LOL, I'm a part of the party that made history, the great Democratic Party, the Party that put a black president in the White House, The Republitards will never top that.

What if they elect a Siamese twin that's black?

Can you not distinguish between partisanship and ideology? A partisan votes for a specific party, just because that's the party they belong to. Just because a person has a rightwing ideology does not mean they automatically identify with the Republican party or vote the party line. God damn what's wrong with people? It's not that hard to be the least bit discerning. I'm generally right of center and I voted in the Democratic primary the last presidential election cycle for Hillary Clinton. That made me a Democrat until the next primary season in which I voted in the Republican primary. So tell me, am I a Democrat, Republican, or Independent? Based on your asinine assumption, I'm a Republican for being right leaning. Which is not true in the least.

Can you not distinguish between an unsubstatiated claim and a fact? A partisan will more than likely claim that they are not partisan but how would one go about proving it??

Furthermore, there were a LOT of limbaugh listeners that voted for hillary in the primaries because he told them to so how can you prove that you aren't one of them and on that matter can you prove that you actually voted for her??

Oh and in case you missed it the previous poster stated that he was an issues voter and supported republican candidates on the issues that makes him a right winger. So my question still stands and your lame and asinine spin has been thoroughly rejected and countered. Next time try reading BEFORE you respond.

You want me to prove he's not partisan, why don't you prove he's not independent? You're automatic assumption is that a person is lying to you about their personal beliefs. I don't share that assumption. Sorry.

Apparently, you think Rush Limbaugh is the only person capable of independent thought. Rush Limbaugh was not my motivation for voting for Hillary Clinton, but you think everyone you talk to is outright lying at every moment. So Rush Limbaugh must have been the impetuous for me to vote for the Democrat who represents me in our city council. Nevermind, I can't show you my voting records and explicitly prove that vote, so I must be lying.

The previous poster said they supported Republicans, based upon ideology, MOST of the time. NOT ALL THE TIME. Which as I said, precludes them from being a partisan. A partisan supports the PARTY ALL THE TIME. Since you want to use their statements as proof of your position, I'm going to use their statements as proof of the contrary. If they're good enough for you to make your judgments, they're good enough for me to make mine. So you're question still lacks any basis.

NO moron, I was merely pointing out that just because he says something on a message board it doesn't make it true. Can you read?? I have to asked because I thought I spelled this out very clearly in my previous post and yet you still seem lost and confused.

The funny thing is that you attacking me claiming I am making assumptions when all of your attacks against me are based on your assumptions. Thanks for the hypocrisy. Either way you can't prove who you voted for and who you didn't so that matter is settled. thanks for playing. LOL

Really?? I seem to remember him saying that most of the candidates he supports are republicans and he admitting that he registered and voted for republicans because he agreed with them on the issues even though these issues were never defined. I wonder what those issues are?? And if defined would they define him as fitting the mold of a republican??

His whole post is nothing but a typical presentation of drivel presented by the typical republican pretending to be an independent with the added admission that he votes and agrees with republicans on MOST issues. I tend to distrust those that present canned posts. Can you blame me?

I went from the Republican Party to Independent..

Neither party represents my Ideals.

Unless the True Conservatives in the Republican come out and actually support Individual Freedom then maybe I'll come back..

That's the only thing I can agree with Democrats.

Well the Democrats certainly haven't governed with respect to individual freedom for the last two years have they. Just about everything they have passed has restricted and/or limited our freedom, choice, opportunities, and option to use our resources or to pursue our interests as we might otherwise choose to do.

As an independent I cannot vote in my state's primary elections, and that limits my ability to promote a candidate that I believe will respect my freedom, choices, opportunities, and options.

This is the kind of independent in name only that i was talking about. they spew right wing talking points and then rail against the left even as they proclaim to be independent and against both parties. LOL

Got any specifics on how "Just about everything they have passed has restricted and/or limited our freedom, choice, opportunities, and option to use our resources or to pursue our interests as we might otherwise choose to do." or are vague generalities in the form of partisan political expediency all that you have to offer??

Last edited:

Well, I'm not talking about all that.. I don't think the Democrat party is in touch with the people just like the GOP.. Like I said before, Same shit, different party.

I'm just talking about Legalization of Weed and Gay Marriage, Free Speech and the 2nd Amendment.

I don't think the I can be part of any party if the the GOP thinks they can run on Freedom for all if they can't let gay people marry.

Don't you think?

The Democrats have had total control of Congress and the White House for two years now and have not introduced a single piece of legislation--not even into committee--in favor of same sex message. Wouldn't that suggest that you're unfairly tarring the GOP on that issue?

The fact is most of America, both Democrat and Republican, doesn't want the Federal government to force that issue or give that very low priority right now.

age1.jpg

Support for Same-Sex Marriage by Age and State Sociological Images

The #1 issue that an overwhelming number of Americans want Congress to focus on is the economy.

The #2 issue is graft and corruption in government.

Conservatives want the government to secure our rights and then get out of our way to form whatever society we wish to have. Liberals seem to want the government to order everybody to live by rules the liberals think they should have to live by.

And THAT is what we are voting on in November.

Obama approves of same sex unions enjoying the same benefits as married couples, but he doesn't approve of same-sex marriage[/B. I think he ended the practice by some hospitals of not allowing a gay partner to be by the bedside of a dying patient several months ago. And removing don't ask/don't tell apparently was just went down again. I haven't seen what the very latest is on that, however.

I'm of the opinion that all political parties should be outlawed and politicians should run on their own platform not someone elses.

Therefore I do not belong to any party! The candidates issues are what are important to me, not whether they are a Demokraut or a Republican't.

Forum List

Back