has anyone switched parties ?

have you switched parties ?

• yes

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • no

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
Your question should have contained a time frame. Do you mean EVER, since Bush, Since Obama? When? I assume your intent is has anyone switched party since Obama took office, but given the limits of your question, that is a big assumption.

• Banned
Your question should have contained a time frame. Do you mean EVER, since Bush, Since Obama? When? I assume your intent is has anyone switched party since Obama took office, but given the limits of your question, that is a big assumption.

thank you for your excellent point. the question is open, i am interested in some comments on why or why not.
i did mean since the last general (since obama), but if anyone has changed ever, please comment on that too. thanks kwc57
i am alligned most nearly to the libertarians, but then i see how some libertarians act, and that's not me. sometimes i think i am a reagan repulican. i have called myself a new conservative, not to be confused with the neocons. independent ? no... democrat of any kind ? no...

Last edited:
I registered Republican on my 18th Birthday in May 1979 and due to it's horrendous actions, changed to Libertarian in 07 for a few months and then realized that I could not vote in primaries so I changed back to Republican in 07 and have remained a disgruntled one ever since.

Yes, several times. My state has closed primaries, so if there's a candidate I want to vote for I have to switch from Independent to partisan and then back after the election. Works for me. :thup:

I switched from Rep to Independent years ago.

Think I'll just stay an Indi.

has anyone switched paerties ?

I doubt that they actually switched or left the party but there sure are a lot of right wingers claiming to be independents these days. I noticed the increase of extremely right leaning independents shortly after the Rs lost in 06 and it has steadilly increased since.

I doubt that they actually switched or left the party but there sure are a lot of right wingers claiming to be independents these days. I noticed the increase of extremely right leaning independents shortly after the Rs lost in 06 and it has steadilly increased since.

That, in my case is because of RINO's. I guess it's beyond your ability to comprehend. ;)

That, in my case is because of RINO's. I guess it's beyond your ability to comprehend. ;)

UH WOW!! What made you think I was directing that at you specifically?? Furthermore, what made you think I was posting that in response to your post that I didn't even read until AFTER I had made my reply?? Why are you so defensive on this subject??

My point is that there are a lot of independents in name only. They claim to be independents and yet their extreme right leaning positions betray that claim. If that fits you to the point that you assume that I am talking about you then the problem is YOURS not mine.
However, since you went there let's address your post.

I went from Republican to Independent after the 2008 Election.

So where in your post do you mention WHY you left?? You mentioned a time but did NOT meantion a reason. Since you did not mention a reason then how am I supposed to comprehend something that did not exist within your posts?? One can't comprehend what doesn't exist.

But then I guess it's beyond your ability to comprehend. ;)

LOL

I am unaffiliated to ANY party which leaves me open. No party changing necessary.

I did and it was the best change in my life because I helped elect the first black president, I can no longer say that my best accomplishment is taking a shit. Seriously, LOL, I'm a part of the party that made history, the great Democratic Party, the Party that put a black president in the White House, The Republitards will never top that.

I did and it was the best change in my life because I helped elect the first black president, I can no longer say that my best accomplishment is taking a shit. Seriously, LOL, I'm a part of the party that made history, the great Democratic Party, the Party that put a black president in the White House, The Republitards will never top that.

:lol::lol::lol: he compares taking a shit to electing the first black president? :lol::lol::lol::lol: phucking phunny..

UH WOW!! What made you think I was directing that at you specifically?? Furthermore, what made you think I was posting that in response to your post that I didn't even read until AFTER I had made my reply?? Why are you so defensive on this subject??

My point is that there are a lot of independents in name only. They claim to be independents and yet their extreme right leaning positions betray that claim. If that fits you to the point that you assume that I am talking about you then the problem is YOURS not mine.
However, since you went there let's address your post.

I went from Republican to Independent after the 2008 Election.

So where in your post do you mention WHY you left?? You mentioned a time but did NOT meantion a reason. Since you did not mention a reason then how am I supposed to comprehend something that did not exist within your posts?? One can't comprehend what doesn't exist.

But then I guess it's beyond your ability to comprehend. ;)

LOL
It was addressed. Left because o' RINO'S......Pull your head out of your ass!

:lol::lol::lol: he compares taking a shit to electing the first black president? :lol::lol::lol::lol: phucking phunny..

When did I make that comparison? Dipshit.

I am unaffiliated to ANY party which leaves me open. No party changing necessary.

LOL Not laughing at you just thought of this line from Oh Brother Where art Thou.

"Well, ain't it a small world, spiritually speaking. Pete and Delmar just been baptized and saved. I guess I'm the only one that remains unaffiliated."

Last edited:
So, are you now ready to admit that the "first black president" is an inept tool who is nothing more than an abject failure, and will be deemed nothing more than a lame duck idiot in 41 days?

Oh, and BTW. He's not "Black"....He's half WHITE and half BLACK so, in essense, the claim could also be made that you voted in yet another white man into office.

Just sayin'!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back