Has anyone seen Avatar yet?

Does it live up to the hype? I hope so.

another sci-fi feel-good movie about interracial relationships and how the natives were wronged

Been a few of those, as of late

does come out till tomorrow....release 12/18/09

OH, it used to be that you Americans got the premieres before us, I keep forgetting that they have been doing simultaneous releases for blockbusters for a while now to try and thwart the pirates.

now i would go see about anything in an imax place...i do like those...i have just seen a few trailers....it is supposedly gonna revolutionize movies blah blah blah

Just got back from seeing it. Best use of 3 hours and $10 in a very long time.

We saw the 3-D version, we both agree we want to see the regular version too - AWESOME flick.

It will end up recouping it's $400 million dollar budget and then some.

Plus, it will open the door for a new kind of movies.

it will open the door for a new kind of movies.
?

How? It's not the first 3d movie and the concept's not so different from Battle for Terra, Alien Nation, or Section Nine

now i would go see about anything in an imax place...i do like those...i have just seen a few trailers....it is supposedly gonna revolutionize movies blah blah blah

I saw a movie about beavers in the IMAX at the Museum of Natural History...that was incredible.

Beavers are the second most environmentally destructive creature on earth, after humans.

It will end up recouping it's $400 million dollar budget and then some.

Plus, it will open the door for a new kind of movies.

You mean movies with an interesting plot, intelligent dialog, and realistic characters with whom we can sympathise?

Those went out if style when CG came around :eusa_hand:

I saw a movie about beavers in the IMAX at the Museum of Natural History...that was incredible.

Beavers are the second most environmentally destructive creature on earth, after humans.

:disagree:

No, Beavers are the First Most Destructive Creature On Earth...

(You're making this too easy):razz:

I saw it yesterday.
Visually incredible.
It's really good, yet it is essentially Dances With Wolves with better acting.

As if Dances with Wolves invented the storyline that was used in the movie. Every time I hear this, I laugh. Some people need to see better movies and watch better books. Avatar is certainly not original, but neither was Dances with Wolves.

Forum List

Back