Has anyone read about legalized euthanasia

^that is why everyone needs a living will. So greedy families can tell their loved one as much as they like how much of a burden they are, but because of that will, there is not a damn thing they can do about it.

Noomi, the living will protects the person if they become incapacitated or on life support. It doesn't protect them from being made to feel like a burden. And when you're old and sick and essentially alone, that sort of thing can wear you down.

Like I said, if assisted suicide were legal and widely available, I think there would be a lot of old people being guilted into taking that route.

There need to be some very, very strict guidelines. Such as the person needs to be terminally ill or in horrendous pain that cannot be controlled before they can utilize assisted suicide.

Otherwise, people, if you really want to check out...just kill yourself. It's legal and I'm sure you can figure out how to do it. A bullet to the head would be a good choice. I always thought maybe sitting in the garage with the car running would work well also. You could have music playing, be drinking a glass of wine...whatever. Take a sedative before you turn the car on. I mean, if you really want to kill yourself.

If you're incapacitated, on life support, etc. you can have addressed that in your living will. Instructions that you not be put on life support, or if you are, that it be turned off.

Last edited:
^that is why everyone needs a living will. So greedy families can tell their loved one as much as they like how much of a burden they are, but because of that will, there is not a damn thing they can do about it.

Noomi, the living will protects the person if they become incapacitated or on life support. It doesn't protect them from being made to feel like a burden. And when you're old and sick and essentially alone, that sort of thing can wear you down.

Like I said, if assisted suicide were legal and widely available, I think there would be a lot of old people being guilted into taking that route.

There need to be some very, very strict guidelines. Such as the person needs to be terminally ill or in horrendous pain that cannot be controlled before they can utilize assisted suicide.

Otherwise, people, if you really want to check out...just kill yourself. It's legal and I'm sure you can figure out how to do it. A bullet to the head would be a good choice. I always thought maybe sitting in the garage with the car running would work well also. You could have music playing, be drinking a glass of wine...whatever. Take a sedative before you turn the car on. I mean, if you really want to kill yourself.

If you're incapacitated, on life support, etc. you can have addressed that in your living will. Instructions that you not be put on life support, or if you are, that it be turned off.

Agree

That is why it needs to be a mutual decision between the patient, their family and doctors. You can't do anything about asshole relatives only interested in the money. That one is as old as time itself

Agree

That is why it needs to be a mutual decision between the patient, their family and doctors. You can't do anything about asshole relatives only interested in the money. That one is as old as time itself

The decision belongs to the patient and the patient alone. The doctor is just responsible for carrying out the wishes of the patient.

Forum List

Back