Has Anyone Here Ever Made a YouTube Video?

Swagger

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2011
Up on the scaffold
I haven't, and I'm not asking anyone to post videos that feature themselves, neither do I know anyone who has. But if you have, I'd be interested to read about the reaction it invited: comments, number of views; and did your experience encourage you to produce further footage? Negative experiences are also welcome, as well as vids that don't feature the account holder, such as demonstrational videos and graphics.

And if you haven't, do you think you'd have the guts to make one yourself, bearing in mind it'd be open for ridicule?

People make a living posting youtube videos. If you can grab enough of an audience you can get paid for ad placement in your videos. My girlfriend follows a bunch of hair and make-up glamour channels on there, where some of the girls are making comfortable livings just getting paid for their video views.

People make a living posting youtube videos. If you can grab enough of an audience you can get paid for ad placement in your videos. My girlfriend follows a bunch of hair and make-up glamour channels on there, where some of the girls are making comfortable livings just getting paid for their video views.

Tell me about it. I watched a couple of YT videos calculating how much income FPSRussia's footage generates, and it ran into over a hundred thousand Dollars per annum, probably due to the amount of interest and offers of sponsorship from major firearms manufacturers in the U.S. and Europe. Not to mention his merchandise sales, which are reported to be healthy.

But do you think you or your partner would ever make a YouTube video? And if so, what would it cover?

Swagger, one of our mods, Oddball, put up one of his youtube videos a few months ago on his "paragliding" thread at USMB Outdoors boards. I would say that takes a lot of guts to try to record something and have it survive while you are risking your life to show your friends a good time. He posted this one in April of this year. I think he has more, but he doesn't have time to post them, most likely because living and being a moderator eats up a lot of his time, I would think.

Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Tell me about it. I watched a couple of YT videos calculating how much income FPSRussia's footage generates, and it ran into over a hundred thousand Dollars per annum, probably due to the amount of interest and offers of sponsorship from major firearms manufacturers in the U.S. and Europe. Not to mention his merchandise sales, which are reported to be healthy.

But do you think you or your partner would ever make a YouTube video? And if so, what would it cover?

She actually wants to do a glamour channel. She's still in the process of getting her little area set up with her table. We have a big walk in closet in the bedroom and I painted it purple for her and that's going to be where she sets up and does what those girls do...product reviews, hair style ideas, fashion, etc. A while back she bought a really nice camera for it off craigslist so she's pretty much ready to go.

I'm all for it because it's basically free to do at this point and if it takes off then maybe she can be my little sugar mama.

Forum List

Back