Has anyone here actually met a member of the federal government?

Originally posted by clumzgirl
I was interning at a TV station a couple years ago when Al and Tipper came through our area. I didn't speak with him (my then-fiance-now-husband did) but I was at the small regional airport doing a live-shot when he left. Kinda cool with the security everywhere. My husband said Tipper had so much make-up on her face would crack if she stopped smiling for a second. (Wishful thinking.)

With the advent of HDTV public figures and actors will likely be wearing even more makeup. The same technology that gives uys a better picture also enhances every wrinkle and zit and poch mark.

Don't people look funny with tons of makeup on, though? Kinda gross.

Originally posted by nycflasher
With the advent of HDTV public figures and actors will likely be wearing even more makeup. The same technology that gives uys a better picture also enhances every wrinkle and zit and poch mark.

Don't people look funny with tons of makeup on, though? Kinda gross.

Considering we used to have English rule where the authorities wore wigs and make up, this should draw interesting parallels. They too were highly corrupt. They wore the get-ups out of egotistical pride, in my opinion.

Gee. Hmmmm......

I met with both Arkansas senators and one representative to get recommendations to the Naval Academy. I also saw both Cohen and Rumsfield (but didn't technically meet them) when Rumsfield took the job in 2000.

I work for the government so I have met thousands of civil servants.

But if we are taling elected officials...
Bush 41
Senator Slade Gorton (R-WA)
Rep. Norm Dicks (D-WA)
Rep. Jennifer Dunn (R-WA)
Numerous state reps and senators, county councilmen, etc.

Forum List

Back