Has Anyone Ever Tried Kratom?

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
Kratom is an herb from Southeast Asia that is related to the coffee family. It is illegal in some U.S. states and the FDA does not approve it for any type of medicinal use despite it being used since the 19th Century by people where it grows for all types of ailments. Of course the FDA says that about almost all natural supplements because big Pharma pays them to do that. I have bad back pain I receive pain treatment for and will be seeing a doctor about surgery in August. I stopped in a new store in my town that recently opened selling kratom. I've been looking for a natural supplement to take the place of the medicine I'm currently on. The pouch I bought is in powder form so I had to order some empty gel capsules today to put it in.

So has anyone tried it? Any feedback about it?

Lewdog Wife's been taking it for 2 years...been fighting the FDA ban for almost as long. She's sitting right here if you have any questions.

She says red is excellent for pain management. she says the only side effect is she gets thirsty more often.

She takes it without capsules, starts out with a level 1/4 tsp, holds it in her mouth for one to five minutes before swallowing it with water.

Lewdog Wife's been taking it for 2 years...been fighting the FDA ban for almost as long. She's sitting right here if you have any questions.

She says red is excellent for pain management. she says the only side effect is she gets thirsty more often.

She takes it without capsules, starts out with a level 1/4 tsp, holds it in her mouth for one to five minutes before swallowing it with water.

Yes the one I bought is a red strain because I plan on taking it at night. It is supposed to help with pain and also calm you down. I was told the white strain also helps with pain, but gives you energy and is best to be taking in the morning or throughout the day.

Lewdog She says that is pretty accurate. Generally red is slow (relaxing), green is medium and white is fast (energizing)...but there are some strains of red that are fast and some stains of white that are slow. She also says in seems to work better when you are hydrated. If the red strain you bought works for you, try to find a similar strain to alternate to, so your body doesn't build up a tolerance to that strain. She says google "Gaia Kratom"...they have the best prices. "Happy Hippo" has some of the strains Gaia doesn't carry. They are both reliable and trustworthy.

She says Reddit's Kratom forum is one of the best resources for learning the ins and outs.

She also says that after two years, she can stop taking it with no withdrawal at all...she says she thinks those who spread the rumor that it is addictive are "full of it".

Lewdog She says that is pretty accurate. Generally red is slow (relaxing), green is medium and white is fast (energizing)...but there are some strains of red that are fast and some stains of white that are slow. She also says in seems to work better when you are hydrated. If the red strain you bought works for you, try to find a similar strain to alternate to, so your body doesn't build up a tolerance to that strain. She says google "Gaia Kratom"...they have the best prices. "Happy Hippo" has some of the strains Gaia doesn't carry. They are both reliable and trustworthy.

She says Reddit's Kratom forum is one of the best resources for learning the ins and outs.

She also says that after two years, she can stop taking it with no withdrawal at all...she says she thinks those who spread the rumor that it is addictive are "full of it".

Thanks. It does seem pretty expensive however. I was told that it take around 3 grams per dose and that a does lasts about 5 hours. That means you could take 2 to 3 doses a day. A package has 28 grams for like $13. Even if I just take a dose at night prior to bed time, a pack is only going to last about 9 days, which means about 3 packs a month. So about $40 a month for one does per day, $80 for two doses a day, and $120 for three doses a day. They also said they have a Black Gold strain that is $19.99 a pack.

Thanks. It does seem pretty expensive however. I was told that it take around 3 grams per dose and that a does lasts about 5 hours. That means you could take 2 to 3 doses a day. A package has 28 grams for like $13. Even if I just take a dose at night prior to bed time, a pack is only going to last about 9 days, which means about 3 packs a month. So about $40 a month for one does per day, $80 for two doses a day, and $120 for three doses a day. They also said they have a Black Gold strain that is $19.99 a pack.

Retail is only worthwhile for experimenting to find what strains work best for you, then buy in bulk. Wife uses red bali... at Gaia, 1,000 grams (1kg) for $90 or 333 three gram doses. That would be almost a three month supply of three doses a day.

Red Bali | Gaia Ethnobotanical

Wife says don't start with 3 grams. Start much lower. She, in two years has never gotten close to consuming the "recommended" dosage. I wouldn't start out with more than a 1/2 teaspoon and work yourself up until you reach the level that manages your pain.

Retail is only worthwhile for experimenting to find what strains work best for you, then buy in bulk. Wife uses red bali... at Gaia, 1,000 grams (1kg) for $90 or 333 three gram doses. That would be almost a three month supply of three doses a day.

Red Bali | Gaia Ethnobotanical

Wife says don't start with 3 grams. Start much lower. She, in two years has never gotten close to consuming the "recommended" dosage. I wouldn't start out with more than a 1/2 teaspoon and work yourself up until you reach the level that manages your pain.

With as long as I've been taking pain meds I think I probably will need a higher dose due to tolerance, but of course I will try to start with a lower dose. Has your wife ever had to take a drug test and had it test positive from the kratom?

With as long as I've been taking pain meds I think I probably will need a higher dose due to tolerance, but of course I will try to start with a lower dose. Has your wife ever had to take a drug test and had it test positive from the kratom?

No, she hasn't taken a drug test since she started using Kratom. Can't help with that.

So I watched a video that said to make the Kratom stronger you add in some kind of acidic juice like lemon, lime, grapefruit, or orange juice and then put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes then shoot it and chase with more of the juice. I'm going to do it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it makes me feel.

Yes the one I bought is a red strain because I plan on taking it at night. It is supposed to help with pain and also calm you down. I was told the white strain also helps with pain, but gives you energy and is best to be taking in the morning or throughout the day.
Sounds familiar

I did a dose earlier tonight and didn't really feel anything, so about 30 minutes ago I did another dose. We'll see if I start feeling anything.

I have to say I had a drug test today at my doctor and the kratom didn't show up on it. So now I know firsthand.

Forum List

Back